15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, linking some of those sites is not really allowed on the Forums due to them not having a license to distribute the Anime in question.

And that clanned Yuri misunderstanding. Must have been one of the best misunderstandings in Anime.
    And while we are on it, allow me to link this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-F_...eature=related

Linked it before in another thread, but I think it fits in here as well :P
    Busou Renkin:
    If you are bored and need an Anime to watch, than this is a good one as well.
    Although I must warn: It starts off with a "childish" feeling to it.
    But if you can laugh at scenes like the one linked, then this will be enjoyable to watch (Although the Anime is more serious then that clip shows).
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Lagoon. Watch.

I haven't finished it, but thus far its ridiculously good.
    I know its a little different from the discussion thus far (which has been for the most part Romantic comedy, shonen, and the always amazing Ghibli films), but Black Lagoon is just awesome.
    If you like a more realistic art style, a sort of melancholy / brutal mood, and some pretty rough but interesting characters, I would definitely recommend it.
    The second season is a little f***ed up though, so be cautious ye who be faint of stomach.
    Its not so testosterone and teen rage fueled as it may seem from a distance; In reality its actually pretty tranquil and very thematic.

All episodes (dubbed) are on youtube for any interested :P
    Its also the one in a billion I would advise watching dubbed... mainly because the voice of Bubbles from the powerpuff girls does the main protagonist.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    And that clanned Yuri misunderstanding. Must have been one of the best misunderstandings in Anime.
    yup^^
    Tomoya's humor is one of the best of all animes i've watched, even beats Yuichi's from Kanon 2006 imo (although they are pretty similar)
    O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    Black Lagoon. Watch.
    I haven't finished it, but thus far its ridiculously good.
    have watched about the first half of the first season and liked it in the beginning, but i got bored after a while :/
    I know its a little different from the discussion thus far
    all the more reason to talk about it
    variety is something good after all!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda new here, but this thread really made me want to break my "lurk lurk and more lurk" mindset for forums. I'm a big anime fan and mostly roll to the Mecha side, so i'll post what I think are "must watches" in the mech side. Be noted, i prefer Super Robot to Real Robot animes. In case you're wondering what that is, think G Gundam vs Every other Gundam ever. Real robots are.. well, "real" were super robots are like "DBZ STYLE MECH POWER UP AND THEN PUNCH PLANETS IN HALF." Most of them are childish, but well, see my sig for that.

Gaogaigar:
    Gaogaigar is a Super Robot style anime that started in 1997, the eight and final in the Brave Series. It started out as a monster a week series designed to sell toys to children, but turns into one of the best shows i've ever seen. It has a slow start, the first eight or nine episodes are slow, semi-pointless and somewhat skipable, but after that it starts and dosn't stop. Its also a nice turn from a lot of mech animes from the time (See: EVA) and today. I can't get into much detail, cause of major spoliers, but its a fun, feel nice show with some of the best fights, ideas and characters of all time. Also, if you watch it, transformers ripped THESE guys off.

Aim for the Top! Gunbuster:
    Ever wonder what happens when you mix tennis with Top Gun? Robots in japan fighting in outer-space apparently. Made in 1988, its an old classic that helped get HIdeaki Anno on the map. Yeah the guy who made EVA, and it helped Gainax rolling too, (EVA, TTGL, Diebuster, Panty & Stocking). Its a timeless classic of the Super Robot anime genre, with some Real Robot tossed in. Its only 6 episodes long, the animation is slightly outdated but still worth watching.

Diebuster
    Also called Gunbuster 2, its the direct sequel to Gunbuster. I really can't tell much about it, because that will give a lot away, but its one of the best ova's i've seen. Again, six episodes, worth watching if you watched Gunbuster, although its really hit or miss with a lot of fans. I, for one, love it.

Gurren Lagann: Gurren Lagann, babies first super robot anime. 27 episodes long with about 4 bad ones, its the "defining" super robot anime of the past ten years, which, in some ways, is a horrible statement. Each story arch ((and there are 4 of them)) is a parody of ten years of Super Robot Shows, with the final of the four being Gainax's take on what is to come with Super Robot shows. That is why, if you're a fan of Robot Anime, so many things in TTGL remind you of other shows. But that is besides the point, its a GREAT series, as long as you take the part of your brain that has to do with logic and put it away for a short period of time. If you don't want to watch all 27 episodes, there were two full length movies made, Gurren-hen and Lagann-hen. Just be warned, the endings are semi-different in each, and you miss out on some great action in Gurren-hen.

Shin Mazinger Z
    A remake of one of the first, and i mean FIRST, super robot shows. Ever heard of a "rocket punch"? yeah it comes from Mazinger Z. But this is about the remake. First off, the first episode is insane, and just, well, it dosn't make any sense until the LAST episode. Same with the first part of episode 2, and, if I had to guess, the reason for this is because its a remake, and they assumed that most people would know the plot of the series. I actually skipped the first episode and then went back and watched it after I finished the series, and it made my head hurt less. Not much less, but less. Great action and good fighting, and a main character who you hate and then love, its worth watching.

These are my "must watch" for super robot shows, excluding a few other ones that are just okay. Hope this helps people wanting to watch some robots beat each other up!
    Last edited by Sabellassa; 2010-11-30 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabellassa View Post
    I'm kinda new here, but this thread really made me want to break my "lurk lurk and more lurk" mindset for forums. I'm a big anime fan and mostly roll to the Mecha side, so i'll post what I think are "must watches" in the mech side. Be noted, i prefer Super Robot to Real Robot animes. In case you're wondering what that is, think G Gundam vs Every other Gundam ever. Real robots are.. well, "real" were super robots are like "DBZ STYLE MECH POWER UP AND THEN PUNCH PLANETS IN HALF." Most of them are childish, but well, see my sig for that.

Gaogaigar:

Aim for the Top! Gunbuster:

Diebuster

Gurren Lagann:

Shin Mazinger Z

These are my "must watch" for super robot shows, excluding a few other ones that are just okay. Hope this helps people wanting to watch some robots beat each other up!
    Changed the links so it would be easier to read the sypnosis/characters. Always wanted to watch Gurren Lagann.. Perhaps I'll start with it after my shower..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Changed the links so it would be easier to read the sypnosis/characters. Always wanted to watch Gurren Lagann.. Perhaps I'll start with it after my shower..
    The thing about TTGL you have to remember is that about half of it is a nod at something else, so there are some odd jokes you prob just wont get. Also, the "pose" it takes is the Gunbuster post. learn to love it!
    "When I grew up, I gave up childish things; Including the fear of being childish" Random commenter on Youtube.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing about TTGL you have to remember is that about half of it is a nod at something else, so there are some odd jokes you prob just wont get. Also, the "pose" it takes is the Gunbuster post. learn to love it!
    It was an awesome Anime, but I must admit that I stopped watching somewhere during Season 2, cause I just didn't like the sudden twist in the story
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an awesome Anime, but I must admit that I stopped watching somewhere during Season 2, cause I just didn't like the sudden twist in the story
    thats just because thats the part baised on the darker animes in the 90s or 00s. It gets better when they stop that stupidy and move on to the "rule of cool" part. If you REALLY can't stand it, just watch Lagann-hen.
    "When I grew up, I gave up childish things; Including the fear of being childish" Random commenter on Youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda new here, but this thread really made me want to break my "lurk lurk and more lurk" mindset for forums.
    welcome then
    might try this one some time.

Busou Renkin
    Not to mention Papillon is probably one of the best characters ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I agree 100% with this statement. Him and Captain Bravo made that show epic.

Also, i saw someone in here was looking for a fan service anime. Check out Godannar. Even the robots are fan service.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    welcome then
    thank you!

Deleted
    Well sy i watched all 3 seasons of full metal panic was good but it has an unsatisfying end its like they didn't whant to put effort in a good ending. But overall it was good.

ps: looking for a new anime
    Last edited by mmocbf88f2f1d0; 2010-11-30 at 11:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Agreed!
    /rush to the "Favorite Anime Character thread
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by futomara View Post
    what type?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by futomara View Post
    Well sy i watched all 3 seasons of full metal panic was good but it has an unsatisfying end its like they didn't whant to put effort in a good ending. But overall it was good.
    hm, i don't really know the end anymore, it has been too long since i watched it. but i know that i didn't like the 3rd season that much either.
    Toradora! xD
    romance, some drama and great comedy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention that there are Legendary "Fish" in the Jojo fishing contest.
    ITS LEGENDARY!
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    might try this one some time.
    Absolutely should, Gurren Lagann is fantastic. A little overdramatic and exaggerated at times, but still a great watch.

And after watching the first 3 episodes of Toradora, I would like to thank you very much for recommending it so often on this thread :P its pretty damn good so far.
    How many episodes are there anyway? (I don't feel like using google, is that a crime?)
    -Judic

Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    Absolutely should, Gurren Lagann is fantastic. A little overdramatic and exaggerated at times, but still a great watch.

And after watching the first 3 episodes of Toradora, I would like to thank you very much for recommending it so often on this thread :P its pretty damn good so far.
    How many episodes are there anyway? (I don't feel like using google, is that a crime?)
    I watched them all over 40hours ~_~

10+ Year Old Account
    also has noone mentioned oreimo?
    Great show.

Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Interesting story about the relationship between a brother and sister. Does get a little unorthodox at times, but still a good laugh or two. Humor revolves around awkwardness for the most part, though.

Still running, only 9 episodes out atm.
    -Judic

Deleted
    Btw i started watchin my neigboor totoro and it was not miyazakis best work couldn't watch more then 30 minutes and the littlest girl creeps me out.

And sy i know you like romance but i'm looking for an anime with as little romance as possible. Drama, comedy, adventure and action on the other hand or all gewd.