Poll: Most OP class EVER!

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[Poll] Most OP Class in WoW history!

Transition patch specs are NOT listed! Blizz cares less about balance in these patches so it isnt fair to put them on the list.

So everyone knows that there have been times where a certain class has gotten out of hand in PvP. These times are usually marked by that class being marked as faceroll, and massive people rerolling to destroy all competition. But which class has been the worst? Which class/spec in all of WoW history has been so powerful that it will go down in history as "most OP ever!" Here are the rules. The classes/specs will not be chosen if they are in a transition period between an expansion (like now). This keeps people from just tunnel visioning on todays imbalances...AND keeps it more interesting, as pvp balance is more important when a pvp season is taking place. Here are the choices and why.

(Vanilla WoW) Rogue - Prep resetting blind and and coldblood guaranteeing crits let rogues stunlock you from 100-0 without much you can do about it. If you didn't play vanilla WoW...just look up the old school World of Roguecraft videos on youtube. They may be old but they are still really fun to watch.

(Vanilla WoW) Warrior(MS) - Sweeping strikes+whirlwind+mortal strike+epic loot+healer meant that this guy would walk into your BG...kill your entire team...and cause you to ragequit every time you died during a charge stun. The vanilla Warrior gets a slot

(Vanilla WoW) Shaman(Enh) - If he had a good two hander and a windfury proc..you were dead in one hit. And good luck getting away when the shaman can just keep frostshocking you into oblivion. Enh has never been as powerful as it used to be in vanilla..at least not as far as pvp is concerned.

(Burning Crusade) Warlock (SL/SL) - Ahh the memories of sitting in a fear with 4 dots on you watching a warlock that couldn't die draintank anything it saw coming. This era was so bad that you can still find a lot of Warlocks named "nerfmebro" or some other variant. Impossible to kill with decent damage gives SL/SL a spot on the list.

(Burning Crusade) Druid (resto) - Speaking of impossible to kill...These guys ran rampant during the final seasons of BC. I personally think that it was this spec alone that made the 2v2 bracket no longer give the same pvp rewards. A TON of CC...heals that cant be interrupted...and unmatched mobility made this class undefeatable in small scale pvp if you knew how to play.

(Burning Crusade) Priest (Disc) - While unable to match the fearsome resto druid in 2v2..the disc priest was far and away the healer you wanted in most 3v3 comps. The only healer able to put out decent burst with Mind blast and shadow word death made them great for landing kills. They also had a reliable CC, and power infusion to help casters. But we all know that's not why our glowy handed friends are on this list. The reason is mana burn. Being the worst nightmare to ANY toon with a mana bar..and being a part of the longest lasting best pvp team (PMR) gets our friend a spot on the list.

(Wrath Season 1) Paladin (holy) - When there was almost no resilience and paladins could become immune to everything for 12 seconds..they always were the healer of choice. In fact, they are always the healer of choice whenever an expansion has been released for this exact reason. I predict for the first seasons of Cata pvp, this spec will be preferred again (unless we really dont die in 3 globals like blizz is saying). Taking up ridiculous numbers in the start of wrath pvp on the top 100 list..we have to give this spec a slot. Im sure Athene will be proud

(Wrath Season 1) DeathKnight - Unable to be killed with high damage. Deathknights changed the pvp scene dramatically with their release. Teaming up a Deathknight and a holy paladin was like cheating in the first pvp season of wrath. That earns this class a spot on the most OP EVER list.

Absent..Mage and Hunter. Hunters sucked for almost every pvp season to date...with LoS making them almost useless in pvp for an entire expansion. They got pretty powerful with Killshot getting good, but still cant make the list because of their god awful arena rep. And mages might have had a spot when they could one shot people with PoM Pyro..but it could only be used once every few minutes and was far less threatening than seeing a warrior shaman or rogue at any point during the game.
    Last edited by Chronos; 2010-12-01 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Clarification

Vanilla shaman.
    Just because I loved it.

Warlocks. Burning Crusade. /shiver

Obviously 'rouges'. Most definitely.

Mage in pvp. for the last two years.

I found Resto Druids in Season 7 quite OP. Just a subjective opinion.

Vanilla was the only time things were to the point of being extremely over powered. Yeah sl/sl locks sucked balls, but a shaman being able to one shot you is a completely different situation, you at least got to live for a few seconds with a lock. Same with most everything in vanilla, nothing was really quite balanced at all yet so you had people coming in and beating the shit out of kids before they even knew what happened.

Personally gonna go with Resto Druid in 2v2 bracket. Druid Warr was insanity unleashed.

Deleted
    ever killed a end raid feral druid tbc? didnt think that either... dont think i -->EVER<-- lost a duel. i even dueled a brutal enh shaman with only cat form and won easy

Oh definetley locks in bc they where just so stupidly op that there was really nothing I could do against them...Now a days i just bight them in half in a few secs.... Feral ftw

SL/SL locks.
    Good times, good times.

I think you should've added mace-stun when warriors had it during the earlier seasons. Pure RNG skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Secre7AsianMan View Post
    I think you should've added mace-stun when warriors had it during the earlier seasons. Pure RNG skill.
    Yeah mace stun was pretty OP. But then I would have to add AR/Prep because they also had mace stun. And I wanted to stick to the most OP class mechanics, and not get to hung up on one really good ability / item that everyone was complaining about at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Secre7AsianMan View Post
    FML that shit was gay, esp with wf totem when it wasnt haste....god damnit that made me want to rip my dick off...

How on Earth are mages not on this list? Mages have always been top of the pack without being "unbalanced", and have been OP more than once since Vanilla.

Don't Discount Pom-Pyro because it could only be used "once every couple of minutes." Rogues could only stunk lock people once every couple of minutes. A mage could destroy a prot warrior with one single spell, while moving. That was absurd. And in 3.0.8 Mages were again the faceroll class when they specced arcane. The king of the Battleground was the mage with his Arcane Barrage off-cooldown.

I voted Burning Crusade Warlock, because they were probably the most OP a class has ever been. It was during that phase that I switched my main from a Paladin to Warlock and I've never looked back since.

And for anyone who never experienced what it was like to be a Paladin in Vanilla, let me tell you, we earned every last ounce of OP status this expansion. We suffered for years, and now we're on the same level as everyone else (in Cata). All we had to wait for was Horde Paladins because everyone knows Blizz loves the Horde more.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Quote Originally Posted by icegoddess View Post
    FML that shit was gay, esp with wf totem when it wasnt haste....god damnit that made me want to rip my dick off...
    You should probably visit the topic here about game addiction, because doing bodily harm to yourself over a game definitely applies.

i personally say that mages for the past two years are the one class that can beat every other class...they imo are the most op shit atm...sl/sl was gay but mages imo have pretty much been op since vanilla, pom pyro, then icelance spam, then haste stacking with icelance, now its just gay on live

Quote Originally Posted by icegoddess View Post
    an iceGODDESS ripping her own dick off? Now that's scary and icegoddess should be added to the OP class list, because that.... is just too damn scary.
    Last edited by Thancia; 2010-11-30 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're forgetting MD/Ruin for TBC warlocks. That was actually the end game imba spec.

9k shadowbolt crits, in a battleground, without berserking. In TBC.

I loved my little gnomish death machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE