Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    athene is the wow leveling & pvping god O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    everyone has their own ideas sof things that are worth or not worth doing.
    all you people need to get that in your head. Just because YOU (a general you) think something is not worth doing doesn't mean it isn't.

football isn't worth playing because too many people get injured and most of the times they just fight each other. golf is stupid because it's slow boring and takes forever. boxing is stupid. they just punch each other. etc etc. see what i mean?

What people do, when they do it, and how they do it is up to each individual. A hobby for you isn't a hobby for someone else. That person didn't do or say anything to you. on what basis do you have the right to offend his play style?

you can agree to it and congratulate him, or not agree to it and move on.
    people that belittle other people because of their habits or ways are worse than the people they are belittling.
    I almost read most of this, but I was just alluding to the fact that this is a pattern of behavior for him not really something he does just in one scenario.

Your rambling was amusing however, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    There are actually gamers that get sponsored by companies to promote their stuff. Swifty for example has razer supporting him.
    Oh, I know. Which is why I said it was *rare* and didn't say "it never happens". I'm actually happy for the people that can get paid to play video games...that is absolutely awesome. My only point is that racing to 85 in a few hours is not the same as trying to make the pros via collegiate sports, which is what Duronos was saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scix View Post
    Looks like he's toned down his attitude a fair bit. Can't fault him with his research that's for sure. By the look of it, it wasn't RNG or some exploit - just the usual world mob tagging + friends thing he's done every expansion (except this time he made sure it wasn't in dungeons, lol).

However, I heard he had to redo some XP due to a GM, anyone know why? Or if it was just an overzealous GM watching him?

Deleted
    What an incredibly painful to watch video. People who are involved in science don't have time to plan how to level rapidly in World of Warcraft for months, nor do we have people looking over our shoulders videoing the "breakthroughs".

If he has research which he deems important perhaps he may want to submit it to a journal and then discuss his findings in an academic forum.

He isn't sure if he's gonna continue the actual "Athene" Youtube character, but he's was like this when he got WF 80, except getting banned ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Looks like he's toned down his attitude a fair bit. Can't fault him with his research that's for sure. By the look of it, it wasn't RNG or some exploit - just the usual world mob tagging + friends thing he's done every expansion (except this time he made sure it wasn't in dungeons, lol).

However, I heard he had to redo some XP due to a GM, anyone know why? Or if it was just an overzealous GM watching him?
    I'll have to look on the official forums, but why would it be ok to mob-tag in the outer world but not in dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    It saddens me that this man leveled to 85 so fast :/ i forsee a MAJOR boost to xp for 80-85 inc pretty soon.

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 12:52 PM ----------

And how in the hell are you tagging in dungeons? you have to be in a group to do the dungeons to begin with.... otherwise you have the 60 seconds to be ported to where your hearth is set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    I'll have to look on the official forums, but why would it be ok to mob-tag in the outer world but not in dungeons?
    Because you are exploiting a (former) glitch in the dungeon system. You have to drop group in order to tag and not get an enormous nerf to XP. Yet all the others in the group are still present for that instance. That is considered at minimum gaming the sytem and at worst an exploit of a former glitch (i.e. it let you stay in the instance even though you entered with a party).

World mob tagging breaks no part of the system. If someone wants to help you by killing tagged mobs, that's up to them. That's it. No fancy exploits, no gaming the system, no breaking Terms of Agreement, etc. That simple as far as I know.

Of course, the trick to world mob tagging is finding a group of endless respawns all closely clustered together that give just enough of the right XP through all the levels of interest and from which you don't need to move from. It becomes a game between Blizzard making sure such spawns are ridiculously rare and gamers finding them. It used to be the preferred way to level for multi-boxers, for example. Very efficient it was too until Blizzard made big strides to eliminate almost all of them.

Every new expansion seems to bring new spawns though. So, the race starts again. This is where Athene's research into the game, via the beta and forums for months came into play (that he talks about in the video).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-07 at 06:02 PM.

Deleted
    Congratulations to him and all that, but I will say what I've said both to the Wrath first 80 and the TBC one. Mob-tagging is an extremely lame way of levelling and they really shouldn't gain respect from it either. If it had been done with "normal" levelling, then it would have been epic. Now it's just lame.
    At least that's my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sungazer View Post
    It saddens me that this man leveled to 85 so fast :/ i forsee a MAJOR boost to xp for 80-85 inc pretty soon.

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 12:52 PM ----------

And how in the hell are you tagging in dungeons? you have to be in a group to do the dungeons to begin with.... otherwise you have the 60 seconds to be ported to where your hearth is set.
    Blizzard isn't going to add more XP inbetween 80 and 85 just because A FEW PLAYERS pushed themselves to the limit and completely avoided content that's been in development for the past 2+ years.

Also, the way they did the mob tagging in dungeons was by kicking and reinviting Athene constantly. He'd get kicked, pull then get reinvited back. Simple macro work. The exploit was that the rest of the part wasn't getting XP - which kind of defeats the purpose of the "party".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela View Post
    Congratulations to him and all that, but I will say what I've said both to the Wrath first 80 and the TBC one. Mob-tagging is an extremely lame way of levelling and they really shouldn't gain respect from it either. If it had been done with "normal" levelling, then it would have been epic. Now it's just lame.
    At least that's my opinion.
    And yet this is the only possible way to get a world first. No matter what you think, it is the only possible way, because if you don't, then you lose your world first.

Seriously, what he has done is quite amazing. leveling from 80 to 85 in 5 and a half hours, even trough the use of mob tagging. Other people were probably doing the same thing, yet he crushed them once again because he compared all possible locations, picked the best, rallied up a large team to kill the mobs for him.

What you are saying is "It is lame because I don't like it." Which doesn't make a lot of sense.

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfniq View Post
    Blizzard isn't going to add more XP inbetween 80 and 85 just because A FEW PLAYERS pushed themselves to the limit and completely avoided content that's been in development for the past 2+ years.

Also, the way they did the mob tagging in dungeons was by kicking and reinviting Athene constantly. He'd get kicked, pull then get reinvited back. Simple macro work. The exploit was that the rest of the part wasn't getting XP - which kind of defeats the purpose of the "party".
    Wrong, they kicked their paladin tank from the group, however, Athene was the holy paladin healing the person they were leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    And yet this is the only possible way to get a world first. No matter what you think, it is the only possible way, because if you don't, then you lose your world first.

Seriously, what he has done is quite amazing. leveling from 80 to 85 in 5 and a half hours, even trough the use of mob tagging. Other people were probably doing the same thing, yet he crushed them once again because he compared all possible locations, picked the best, rallied up a large team to kill the mobs for him.

What you are saying is "It is lame because I don't like it." Which doesn't make a lot of sense.
    But Blizzard could easily fix that.
    I mean probably nobody is group-leveling anymore anyway now.
    So you just make it like that : Outside of Dungeons you only get the XP for the Damage you do on the monsters.
    1% damage on a monsters -> 1% XP of the monsters.
    No matter if you're in a group or not. If you don't kill the mob, you don't deserve the xp.
    With dual spec and a DD spec for every class there's also no QQ possible. Playing a healer outside of dungeons/raids is dumb anyway.

Wanna see how that douche could level like that then
    Deal with it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Read all the comments, people are calling it fake lol

Quote Originally Posted by Draxlol View Post
    Relax...he recently transfer that why he didn't get the achievement.

Pretty sure he knew that he would receive the achievement after recently transfering.
    Right, see http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/131747433
    nachtticket.blogspot.com
    music blog, mainly (black) metal
    last.fm/user/veash

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    But Blizzard could easily fix that.
    I mean probably nobody is group-leveling anymore anyway now.
    So you just make it like that : Outside of Dungeons you only get the XP for the Damage you do on the monsters.
    1% damage on a monsters -> 1% XP of the monsters.
    No matter if you're in a group or not. If you don't kill the mob, you don't deserve the xp.
    With dual spec and a DD spec for every class there's also no QQ possible. Playing a healer outside of dungeons/raids is dumb anyway.

Wanna see how that douche could level like that then
    1) I think it would be technically MUCH harder than you think to make such a change.
    2) It would add a lot of overhead to the at least the server if not everyone's clients to do such calculations. Can you imagine how many mobs get killed all the time in an MMO...
    3) Having to partition XP like that in a group would be a unpleasant on resources on a large scale.
    4) What about healers? Athene has a pally.
    5) Unforseen problems since you can bet your ass Blizzard would have considered such a thing. Etc.

People who are at the cutting edge, will always find a way to seemingly game the system. If it wasn't this way, it would be some other way. Blizzard just have to find a way to limit it to the areas they are least uncomfortable with. After 6 years, I assume they have.

Look at it this way, at least people like Athene are not cluttering up your NPC questgivers or slowing down your entire realm or instance servers running huge number of fast instances or even likely touching a single quest mob that you care about. They likely have NO impact on you as a player whatsoever!

Also, repetitive grinding has got to be the most tedious thing you can ever do. Most people cannot stomach it for even a few minutes. He did it for over 5 hours. It takes "special" people (and I don't meant that in a particularly nice way, lol) to do what they do.

All that will happen is within a few hours or days if Blizzard think they can quickly change or fix some of the mobs Athene and others used to grind out levels fast, then they'll just release a hotfix just like they've always done. Overall though, Blizzard do NOT design their game around grinders like Athene so their is no pointing even taking what they do seriously. It's just for fun.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-07 at 06:26 PM.

Why are people saying well done to him, when all he did was tag mobs and around 20 other people killed them, the other people did the real work, not Athene, and before you call me a Athene hater, I used to find his old videos pretty funny as he was never really serious, just trollng.

To all the people who say 'well now Athene can go out while all you stay in doors to level', well to be fair, Athene should now help the other 20 odd people level, as they helped him, only fair

I can also see Blizz taking this away and banning him, it's not how you're meant to level. Guess we'll see soon.

probably one of the biggest idiots / trolls on wow.

I actually don't think he cares if he got the achievement or not.

He's changed alot, that's for sure. He made it quite clear this was for science.