Thread: The Lions

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Lions

Now let it be known that I'm not even a Lions fan, I'm a Giants fan, but does my heart ever go out to this team. I don't think I have ever seen a team come so close so many times. If they pick up just a couple good players in the off season and improve a little they would be a play off team. Detroit I wish you the best of luck next year and I hope you make the playoffs. You're way better than your record.
    Deathdealers of Dark Iron
    Banemorth - 80 Warlock Kerovinn - 80 Paladin Capemay - 64 Hunter
    Cogline - 80 Druid Ergos - 80 Rogue Grimsbane - 72 Death Knight

10+ Year Old Account
    Lions just get embarrassed every season.

Go Chargers! anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Lions just get embarrassed every season.

Go Chargers! anyone?
    I hope Rivers has a superbowl ring soon, that boy is way too deserving.

On Topic: I do feel for the Lions.
    Last edited by Peroxide; 2010-12-09 at 12:41 AM.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

not a Lions fan, but I am hoping Stafford comes back strong for the last two games or so QB is my only weak spot on my 11-2 fantasy team and picked him up in hopes of helping my playoff run =) fingers crossed on him healing!!

10+ Year Old Account
    stuff never seems to line up right for the chargers =/ making me a sad panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

the only way Detroit will improve is if they get rid of ford field and the owners of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    stuff never seems to line up right for the chargers =/ making me a sad panda
    They are always hot at the end of the season but never seem to be hot enough when it counts in the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need a new owner.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Philip Rivers and the Chargers played a good game on Sunday, but the Raiders prevailed like I thought they would. Campbell is better than Gradkowski! Talk about deserving, the Raiders deserve at least the playoffs this year. Watch out Kansas City!

Woo I'm a Giants fan too! How bout them Giants??

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

I live in Michigan and for the most part we just point and laugh with the rest of the nation (Then go cry in the corner)

Glad to see at least a little Chargers love....i really hope they stay in San Diego =[

I say it every year, but it just isn't Thanksgiving without seeing the Lions get crushed.

Well, the Lions did have arguably the greatest running back ever - Barry Sanders. I don't know who was more feared, Jordan or Sanders. Highlight reel waiting to happen with every play.

Lions vs Bengals next years Super Bowl?! They both have had some tough fucking schedule this year and went neck to neck with the franchises best. Their record does not show how good of a team both these teams are.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Well, the Lions did have arguably the greatest running back ever - Barry Sanders. I don't know who was more feared, Jordan or Sanders. Highlight reel waiting to happen with every play.
    Jordan as in michael jordan? If thats the jordan you mean then you can't be series can you? Sanders never won a championship and in addition there were other people who were considered as good as him at the time. Jordan had no equal when he played. Kobe is considered the best player in the nba today and yet he isn't even considered near the level of jordan.

Plus I still think its funny that barry sanders threw a temper tantrum and whined how the lions suck so he retired and then as soon as he was gone the lions started doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Jordan had no equal when he played. Kobe is considered the best player in the nba today and yet he isn't even considered near the level of jordan.
    Well, he is considered by some to be better than Jordan, but Kobe doesn't really consider himself to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Jordan as in michael jordan? If thats the jordan you mean then you can't be series can you? Sanders never won a championship and in addition there were other people who were considered as good as him at the time. Jordan had no equal when he played. Kobe is considered the best player in the nba today and yet he isn't even considered near the level of jordan.

Plus I still think its funny that barry sanders threw a temper tantrum and whined how the lions suck so he retired and then as soon as he was gone the lions started doing better.
    I'd be pretty pissed if I was Sanders too, the fact that his team kept giving up games robbed him of what used to be his competitive drive. I don't blame him in anyway for leaving, but him being a dick about his contract and refusing to give his money back, and blah, blah, blah is just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctimon View Post
    Well, he is considered by some to be better than Jordan, but Kobe doesn't really consider himself to be better.
    I don't know of anyone other then his fans that consider him better. In the finals last year with the celtics I remember at one point they were talking about how he is the best basketball player in the world right now but he still isn't anywhere near the level of jordan or irving.

I do find it hard to believe that he doesn't think he is better then jordan though considering how he is always trying to get in a pissing match with shaq bragging about how many championships he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmo View Post
    I live in Michigan and for the most part we just point and laugh with the rest of the nation (Then go cry in the corner)
    Are you sure you live in Michigan? Lots of us in detroit are still hardcore lions fans. I'm one of those those guys that says this is our year. They are on the right track though.