Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Zin'Rokh Destroyer of Worlds

Wow grats to whoever got that
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Will be interesting to se how rare this "drop" really is, my guess is "not going to happend-rare". But great news to atleast know where it is from...

Quote Originally Posted by Epileptica View Post
    Will be interesting to se how rare this "drop" really is, my guess is "not going to happend-rare". But great news to atleast know where it is from...
    I'm hoping it's something along the lines of jeeves.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    BTW for people here asking how and where to get it here are some facts you need to know:

The recipe isnt digged out itself rather can be found in one of common artifacts [canopic jar] once completed you can open it for a chance to loot it.
    Canopic jar is a Tol Vir tier item wich can be found in digs in Uldum
    To be able to dig in Uldum you need at least 450 archeology or higher.
    Hope this helps

I'm wondering if there are other recipes, etc., that can drop out of the Canopic Jar for other profs?

EDIT: for those with Archaeology, can something like a Canopic Jar only be discovered once, or do you randomly discover a "common" item so you can get the Canopic Jar multiple times?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I'm wondering if there are other recipes, etc., that can drop out of the Canopic Jar for other profs?

EDIT: for those with Archaeology, can something like a Canopic Jar only be discovered once, or do you randomly discover a "common" item so you can get the Canopic Jar multiple times?
    Seeing as you can get an overview with what stuff you solved and how many times you solved a specific item, you can get the canopic jar multiple times I guess. I'm only 171 now, but it's a good indication.

Common items are duplicated so you can get this Jar multiple times. However being a Tol'vir item - its going to be rare. there is only 1 zone (uldum) that drops artifcats for this race. So you have to dig up all of Kalimdor to get digsites to randomly spawn in Uldum and then hope you get the jar as your item to solve and then hope the recipe is in it

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    I'm hoping it's something along the lines of jeeves.
    Hope so - it toook me 1.5 minutes of farming lol

Jesus. So much for getting every alchemy recipe in the game (missing 2 pre-Cata). I would like to think a FoS is due when you learn this mount.

My guess is they nerf it down to always inside a Canopic Jar for alchemists. Still some RNG in there, still some work involved to get it and still 29k gold to shell out to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weenietot View Post
    My guess is they nerf it down to always inside a Canopic Jar for alchemists. Still some RNG in there, still some work involved to get it and still 29k gold to shell out to make it.
    For all we know that's already the case. Can OP confirm if this was his first Canopic Jar?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weenietot View Post
    Jesus. So much for getting every alchemy recipe in the game (missing 2 pre-Cata). I would like to think a FoS is due when you learn this mount.

Only problem is that you can't have a feat of strength that only alchemist could get...
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

10+ Year Old Account
    For all we know that's already the case. Can OP confirm if this was his first Canopic Jar?
    Not the OP, but I did open a Canopic and I got nothing but the organs. I wasn't maxed Archaeology, but I'm not sure that really has anything to do with it.
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to get digging!!

It's 29k gold NOW, I can't see why one wouldn't be able to wait with making it until prices go down when most people already trained their proffs. I doubt it will be more than 5k in a month. Or well, I just think so, I don't even know what are the mats for it >.> But still, I bet it won't be so expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    nice find man thanx...

Now to see if anyone gets it and loots it WITHOUT alchemy skill.....

Im almost at 450 archeology so i give it a go myself
    It's BoP so I'm guessing only Alchemist will see it.

---------- Post added 2010-12-10 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    It's 29k gold NOW, I can't see why one wouldn't be able to wait with making it until prices go down when most people already trained their proffs. I doubt it will be more than 5k in a month. Or well, I just think so, I don't even know what are the mats for it >.> But still, I bet it won't be so expensive.
    Price will never go below 29,000 gold. So if you're an Alchemist like me you should have another character to farm the herbs. So I won't be paying anymore then 29k.

the vendor only items alone are 29k gold.

Deleted
    hehe, I didn't get the jar, Treecko did :P
    I got confirmation from a GM

personally, I'd prefer it to always be in the jar IF we were both maxed out in alchemy, AND maxed out in archaeology
    WAY too much RNG at the moment
    it's at worst, a rare drop from an artifact that has a chance of being created from a digsite that only appears in one zone
    and at best it's from an artifact that has a chance of being created from etc. etc.

I'm all for making it epic and special, but when it's harder to get the recipe than it is to get the mats, it's going a bit too far

---------- Post added 2010-12-10 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebald View Post
    Only problem is that you can't have a feat of strength that only alchemist could get...
    actually, that makes it MORE sensible, seeing as FoS's are meant to be near impossible to get, I mean, look at scarab lord, only ONE person could get it. FoS are not meant to be fair, theyre to show you did something FoSworthy

---------- Post added 2010-12-10 at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mekanikos View Post
    Not the OP, but I did open a Canopic and I got nothing but the organs. I wasn't maxed Archaeology, but I'm not sure that really has anything to do with it.
    what level alchemist are you?
    it may only drop if youre at illustrious level (not necessarially maxed)
    were you an alchemist when you dug up your first tolvir artifact

ugh, there are still so many unknowns about this >_<
    at best we know it's a drop from a canopic jar from tolvir archaeology.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    And I do find it at least a little bit weird that an alchemy recipe is only obtainable through another profession--granted, a secondary one.
    Not unprecedented. I forget which it is, but there's an engineering recipe that makes nothing but a recipe for a different profession - black smithing I think?

Deleted
    the 29k comes from 8*3000 gold for sands of time and 1*5000 gold for pyrium laced vial

the rest of the stuff is creatable by yourself or from the AH, i already have my flasks and deepstone oils :P just the vendor items and truegold to go

---------- Post added 2010-12-10 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    Not unprecedented. I forget which it is, but there's an engineering recipe that makes nothing but a recipe for a different profession - black smithing I think?
    alchemy again :P
    goblin rocket fuel
    you can get a schematic that shows you how to write a recipe for alchemists to make an item used in engineering (and cooking for the kickin chimeraok chops)
    so if anything, it makes MORE sense for alchemy :P

especially since now scribes can rewrite recipes from fragments of burned recipes, or was that scrapped?

Deleted
    wish i could find out about this ... as it stands I already found most rare ones (save for the tol vir scepter mount and the inn keepers daughter) preaty soon archeology will be done for me and it hasnt even been a week.....
    That way I can maybe keep farming canopics and IF i get it then I can drop one proff for ache