Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Whale Shark defeated.

By a combined effort of 16 people, Moment of Silence and Gaia managed to kill the Whale Shark on Dalaran Server.

Has anyone else killed this guy yet? If not, I recommend getting people together and trying to do it. And post here your method.

My method was Kiting. We had me, a Shadow Priest, aggro the Whale Shark with 2 DoT's and just keep refreshing those While backpeddling 2 feet infront of his face. Any closer and he would have eaten me, any farther he would have reset. After about 1 minute of solo kiting and getting Aggro on the Whale Shark, the DPS unleashed, with all Aggro redirect abilities onto me. (Only had 2 Tricks of the Trade).

Special thanks to End, Sustenance, Amazonia, Disturbed, Nadiya, Talax, Adby, Belphrala, Dalath, Aesys, Albina, Reformat, Maelfas, and Sneaky!

Any reason why you can't have tanks tank it?

I have no experience with this Whale Shark other than it scaring me while I was levelling!

Interesting feat, grats!

Always nice to see players exploring their surroundings and trying new things!

On plate he hit for 300k.
    On a rogue he hit for 868k.
    and on me he hit 775k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elfeh View Post
    Any reason why you can't have tanks tank it?
    It hits for several hundred thousands..

On our server it was killed by a 40-man zerg, about 25 people were eaten.

I swam into him once..... my toon hasnt come out the other end yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Desamorix View Post
    On plate he hit for 300k.
    On a rogue he hit for 868k.
    and on me he hit 775k.
    Ya all this. It's kinda like the Fel Reaver X1000... Sounds epic, OP! Grats! Hopefully I can convince my guildies to go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by SwissyChief View Post
    Ya all this. It's kinda like the Fel Reaver X1000... Sounds epic, OP! Grats! Hopefully I can convince my guildies to go for it!
    Thanks! You really should try it. And if not Guildies, ask EVERYONE in General.

I swam into him.... He didn't attack me.

Quote Originally Posted by Syronicus View Post
    I swam into him.... He didn't attack me.
    He only aggros when you are literally 3 feet from his face.

10+ Year Old Account
    SS or didn't it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    SS or didn't it happen.
    Give me a minute, Ill get one up.

I saw one dead in 1k needles the day of the shattering. I didn't even know they were so difficult.

And yeah, I swam near it and swam away (scared I would aggro it) for like 5 minutes until I figured it was just a repair bill and a run back. I was almost disappointed that I didn't get wrecked.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    me and my wife actually managed to kill this baby, its actually very ez to do with kitting him hes got nasty hits so its impossiable to tank him since he killed us a few times pretty much instantly.. but after a few trial and errors with the pull and kite we got him down to 79% first go till he evaded to finally dead. at like 45% sum peeps took noticed a lock and a tuarn feral druid.. the druid kinda almost messed it up do to he has a stop and fast fear.. if u kitting him u gotta be careful u cant go past 25 yards or he instanty resets.. but agian me Drakgon (shadow priest) and wife Huneysuckle (Boomkin) on eldre' thalas managed to get this guy down on the 12th. imo was very epic win I got more exicted killing it then i did LK 25 was very fun fight and grats to all those whos gotten it as well.. really wished they had kept the title for it bc it was such epic win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's quite impressive. The most I've ever done is sent my trees after him on my oomkin, then swim like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I saw one dead in 1k needles the day of the shattering. I didn't even know they were so difficult.
    Preeetty sure that's just part of the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

And yeah, I swam near it and swam away (scared I would aggro it) for like 5 minutes until I figured it was just a repair bill and a run back. I was almost disappointed that I didn't get wrecked.
    The one in 1k is always dead, it's just a corpse

15+ Year Old Account
    Just had to try how hard he hits "[02:11:20] [Guild] [Samyaza]: [02:11:00] [Whale Shark] hit [You] for 299611 (128405 blocked) (154764 overkill)" fully 346(+few 359iLvL) prot warrior

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

we 4 manned it its super easy a mage could solo if hes fire and awesome at kitting correctly

i cannot input the image directly cause i havent posted enough times on forums *i normaly read not post*

u just need good co-ordination and control

and btw my gears all red cause we failled a couple of time and when you get hit its for 600K

How many posts do i need to be able to post an image?

htt p:/ /im g808.imagesh ack.us/img 808/5664 /firstwh alesha rk.png

While im getting enough posts just glue that adress togetter
    Last edited by Madwhack; 2010-12-14 at 03:57 AM.