Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Soul Releaser is superior to Staff of Isolation. The staffs are identical except trading Haste for Mastery. Haste > Mastery.

Still curious as to whether or not the Apple-Bent Bough is better than the Prophet's Scepter.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does the Blood of Isiset rank among the trinkets?

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit
    I know you probably cant catch every item but based on this logic then, wouldnt the vendor neck, Celadon Pendant, be a better upgrade (mastery) over the Amulet of Tender Breath (crit)? Im a holy priest btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespers View Post
    I know you probably cant catch every item but based on this logic then, wouldnt the vendor neck, Celadon Pendant, be a better upgrade (mastery) over the Amulet of Tender Breath (crit)? Im a holy priest btw.
    I took the amulet from JP, I'm pretty sure it's better.

Hi! I would like to ask three questions:

- If haste is better than mastery, why is the Paragon's holy priest stacking so much mastery? :S
    - How much haste should i aim to get?
    - There is a BiS raid gear list yet?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad English!

Progression guilds don't care about 'BiS pre-raid', or optimizing gear before raid. When you're hoping for a drop, they're already killing bosses in the gear you were farming heroics to get your 'pre-raid' gear. It's similar when looking at how they geared at the end of Wrath, which was pretty random. They didn't care because they downed all relevant content is much, much worse than BiS gear.

And yes, the JP neck and Apple-Bent are better than those on the list. At this point it's likely a moot point though as those who needed a quick list like this are already in raids, or ready to begin them next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing about mh/oh combo is the ability to enchant +100 int to the offhand now..I don't know of a staff that can compare to that now. But harky is correct...having a 346 item is all that matters. I upgraded the neckpiece to the halfus wyrmbreaker one tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Soul Releaser is superior to Staff of Isolation. The staffs are identical except trading Haste for Mastery. Haste > Mastery.
    You only need 4.5% haste to hit the cap, if you have 3% from talents and a 5% haste buff in your group or raid.

This is a huge help - thanks so much for taking the time to put it together!

...what 'cap' are you talking about? There is absolutely no attainable cap on haste for Discipline, or Holy. Both use 2.5 second cast spells for their primary way to handle single, or multi-target healing. That means the 'cap' is 132% haste, or just over 23,000 haste. 4.5% Haste on gear is 13% haste, which is not a relevant 'cap' of any type. The most relevant attainable soft cap is right around 15% on gear, or right around 2,800 Haste on gear. This brings PoH/Heal to a 2 second cast. This is a very, very soft cap though and reaching it only helps in specific circumstances. Even calling it a cap is a bit misleading. It's more of a goal.

This is so awesome! Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I <3 U!

Haven't seen it mentioned, but the Lifebound Alchemist Stone has pretty solid regen for shorter fights, provided you're okay with chain chugging mana potions.

With ~3800 int (just an estimate) it works out to the following:
    Fight Length(Minutes) - Spirit(Concentration Potion) - Spirit(Mana Potion)
    1 1423 647
    2 711 323
    3 474 216
    4 356 162
    5 285 129
    6 237 108
    7 203 92
    8 178 81
    9 158 72
    10 142 65

Should also note it comes with 213 mastery, some crit and a little stam =). Not sure if this is best in slot though, just thought it'd be useful info.

Deleted
    In my opinion Mastery >> Hate after you have that 4.5% for the extra renew tick. Haste is far less important for triage healing and with enough spirit you can use flash heal for the life-saving-healing-that-needs-to-be-fast. Mastery makes you ever more efficient and ever more potent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadanzi View Post
    In my opinion Mastery >> Hate after you have that 4.5% for the extra renew tick. Haste is far less important for triage healing and with enough spirit you can use flash heal for the life-saving-healing-that-needs-to-be-fast. Mastery makes you ever more efficient and ever more potent.
    Why would you care about any renew haste soft-caps ? The only use of this spell is for tank healing with chakra heal, in which case it doesn't really matter how many ticks you get out of it since you refresh it for free.

Haste > mastery all the way. This doesn't mean you want to avoid gear with mastery on it, it's a good stat. Just that when you can choose between a spirit / haste and a spirit / mastery piece, you should chose the spirit / haste one. If you're progression raiding, you're gonna take whatever comes first unless it's a lot better for someone else.

Or if you get Spirit/Mastery, turn that Mastery into Spirit/Mastery + Haste.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    thanks for this post

quick question

Doesn't the sheer amount of haste+the socket from the desert walker sandals(exalted w/ ramhaken) make it superior to the hekatic slippers? (reforging all the hit you can to spirit of course)

Reforged and with a +40 Int gem Desert Walker Sandals give: 273 Int, 67 Spirit, 149 Haste
    Reforged Hekatic Slippers give: 225 Int, 131 Spirit, 64 Haste, 97 Mastery

So in my valuation it's 2,236.4 for Hekatic and 2,208 for Desert Walkers. The secondary stats (besides Spirit) are less important. What you mostly want to look at is how to get higher Int + Spirit. Hekatic are higher by 16.

interesting.....my guild did Omnitron Defense Council last night and i never once was in danger of going oom.....i may keep both and use them on a fight by fight basis.