Thread: Regen trinkets

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Regen trinkets

Here's a list of regen trinkets. I omitted most 346 trinkets as I'm not really interrested in them.

I used Danner's regen calculator to calculate mp5 values for intellect and spirit. I used 4500 int and 2500 spirit as base values and a 300 second fight length.
    The values will vary with your actual spirit and intellect, so don't use the values I give as absolute truth. They're just there to have some metric to compare the trinkets between each other.

Blood of Isiset - Halls of Origination
    285 mastery, 1710 spirit proc (15s / 90s ICD, about 16% uptime). This averages out to 285 spirit.
    Total regen: 403 MP5

Notes: The mastery can be reforged to get more spirit, if you need even more regen.

Tear of Blood - Stonecore
    285 intellect, 1710 spirit proc (15s / 90s ICD, about 16% uptime). This averages out to 285 spirit.
    Total regen: 636 MP5

Notes: Definitely the BiS pre-raid level trinket as far as regen is concerned.

Mandala of Stirring Patterns - Exalted Hellscream's Reach / Baradin's Warden
    321 spirit, 1926 mastery proc. (no data, but I assume it's 16% uptime like the others, averaging to 321 mastery)
    Total regen: 454 MP5

Notes: Pretty weak for regen, pretty weak for throughput. Not really worth the rep grind...

Tyrande's Favorite Doll - Archaeology
    321 intellect, 4200 mana / 1 min on use. Averages to 350 mp5.
    Total regen: 612 MP5

Notes: Gives slightly less regen than tear of blood, but offers slightly more intellect. Also, be prepared to spend a lot of time grinding archaeology to get this one...

Core of ripeness - Valor points
    321 intellect, 1926 spirit for 20 seconds on a 120s cooldown. 16.67% uptime so about 321 spirit on average.
    Total regen: 717 MP5

Fall of Mortality - Cho'gall
    321 intellect, 1926 spirit for 15 seconds. Looking at some logs it looks like 16% uptime, so 321 spirit on average.
    Total regen: 717 MP5

Notes: This and core of ripeness are basically exactly the same. The valor point trinket has the slight advantage of being able to time the spirit use with a mana tide for bigger returns.

Darkmoon Card: Tsunami - Inscription
    321 intellect, 80 spirit stacking up to 5 times. 400 spirit on average if the stack never falls off.
    Total regen: 829 MP5

Jar of Ancient Remedies - Maloriak
    103 spirit stacking up to 5 times. The stack can be consumed every 2 minutes, returning 6420 mana. Prevents it from stacking spirit for 30 seconds. To model this, I assumed a 75% uptime on the spirit stack + 6420 mana return / 2 minutes.
    Total regen: 814 MP5

Notes: While this trinket returns about 100 more mp5 than core of ripeness and fall of mortality, it doesn't offer any throughput at all, like the other trinkets do.

Fall of Mortality (Heroic) - Cho'gall Heroic
    363 intellect, 1926 spirit for 15 seconds, assuming 16% uptime averages to 321 spirit.
    Total regen: 751 MP5

Notes: It seems strange that the spirit proc is the same as the normal mode version. The uptime might be better for the heroic version, but I don't have any data.

Jar of Ancient Remedies (Heroic) - Maloriak Heroic
    116 spirit stacking up to 5 times. The stack can be consumed every 2 minutes, returning 7260 mana. Prevents it from stacking spirit for 30 seconds. To model this, I assumed a 75% uptime on the spirit stack + 7260 mana return / 2 minutes.
    Total regen: 918 MP5

Shard of Woe - Sinestra (Heroic only)
    Reduces base mana cost of spells by 405. 1935 haste on use for 10s / 1min CD.
    Total regen: 1012 MP5 (30 casts / minute), 1350 MP5 (40 casts / minute), 2025 MP5 (60 casts/minute)

Notes: Not sure on the math for this one, I simply multiplied the amount of casts by the mana reduction to get a total mana reduction.
    Last edited by Kalmah; 2010-12-30 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Added more info.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool thread dude.

My idea as Holy is to keep one Spirit Trinket and one Intellect Trinket.
    Atm i'm doing reputation with Hellscream for Mandala of Stirring Patterns, and doing heroics for Core of ripeness.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tear of Blood - High Priestess Azil - The stonecore (HC)
    +285 Intellect + Your healing spell critical strikes have a chance to grant 1710 spirit for 15 sec.

Not sure how much average spirit it provides since I got it this morning and have no idea how often it procs.

But this witch the VP trinket it's like... 600 intellect and huge mana regen. When my both trinkets are up, and Heartsong I reach ~7k combat mp5 as a holy priest.

Thanks for the compilation. I'll add these to the calculator this weekend

A while back I took the time to create a chart for most of the trinkets based purely on the amount of mana they save or regen. I will provide a link to it. On page 1 it is the amount of mana they save/regen over 2mins of combat and page 2 is the mana over 5mins of combat. The shard of woe I included but its hard to calculate since it scales with haste, so I just did the math as if your casting 2 spells /5s that cost mana. The more spells/5 you cast the better it is. This is from purely what the trinket alone brings, not counting anything like racials and class abilities nor replenish(wish i had added this earlier).

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CODZtfQK

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collection View Post
    My idea as Holy is to keep one Spirit Trinket and one Intellect Trinket.
    Not saying you're doing it wrong, but my understanding is that stacking regen indirectly increases your throughput by allowing you to use your more expensive spells. For this reason, I'll probably be using double regen trinkets, and picking up regen wherever possible.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Jar of Ancient Remedies - Maloriak
    No passive int, but some weird stacking buff mechanic. Does anyone know to how much spirit / mp5 this one averages out ?
    For simplicity's sake I'll first assume that the first part of the trinket is just a static 515 spirit with a 3/4 uptime.

That means the trinket averages out to {515*3/4} = 386.25 passive spirit if it was static, which I'm guessing evens out to about 320 spirit on average, bringing it in-line with the other spirit trinkets. It would make sense.

The on-use effect is 6420 mana every 120 seconds if you use it exactly on every possible cooldown, averaging out to 267.5 MP5.

Conclusion: The trinket effctively grants a static 320 spirit and 267.5 MP5, assuming the on-use is used every cooldown.

I'm not in a position to work it out right now, but I'm going to assume that 267.5 MP5 is better than 30 seconds of 515 spirit?
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    Not saying you're doing it wrong, but my understanding is that stacking regen indirectly increases your throughput by allowing you to use your more expensive spells. For this reason, I'll probably be using double regen trinkets, and picking up regen wherever possible.
    Sorry mate I dont understand a thing, when you talking about "stacking regen" you mean stacking INT or stacking SPIRIT?
    Because for what I know maths count both stats as "regen", and the regen KING is intellect. Am I wrong?

My idea for the first period is to have 1 int trinket and 1 spirit trinket; later when regen will be less of an issue, double int trinket ftw.

/sorry for my bad english, not my native language :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry mate I dont understand a thing, when you talking about "stacking regen" you mean stacking INT or stacking SPIRIT?
    Because for what I know maths count both stats as "regen", and the regen KING is intellect. Am I wrong?

My idea for the first period is to have 1 int trinket and 1 spirit trinket; later when regen will be less of an issue, double int trinket ftw.

/sorry for my bad english, not my native language :-)
    Very true actually, I hadn't considered that. I haven't done much theorycrafting in to healing yet (it's my off spec). I'm assuming for disc that intellect would be the king regen stat, but for holy it would be spirit?

EDIT: When I said "stacking regen", I meant stacking spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

... the regen KING is intellect. Am I wrong?
    Yes you are, especially for longer fights. Spirit is 1.5x - 2x better than intellect for regen when a fight last more than 5 minutes, assuming "normal" int / spirit numbers. Intellect is still good for regen obviously, and comes with a lot of increased throughput.

Intel for awhile was King of regen for both healing specs, but with the Holy Concentration buff I believe Spirit is winning out on longer fights for Holy (haven't played Disc in Cata yet). Ofc, Intel still gives a larger mana pool + throughput, but if you're having mana problems on fights longer than 3 mins, I strongly suggest grabbing more Spirit pieces. I just replaced Power Torrent with Heartsong and saw an improvement in longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    For simplicity's sake I'll first assume that the first part of the trinket is just a static 515 spirit with a 3/4 uptime.

That means the trinket averages out to {515*3/4} = 386.25 passive spirit if it was static, which I'm guessing evens out to about 320 spirit on average, bringing it in-line with the other spirit trinkets. It would make sense.

The on-use effect is 6420 mana every 120 seconds if you use it exactly on every possible cooldown, averaging out to 267.5 MP5.

Conclusion: The trinket effctively grants a static 320 spirit and 267.5 MP5, assuming the on-use is used every cooldown.
    Well, a better way to look at it is either 515 static Spirit if you don't activate the use OR 320 Spirit and 267.5 MP5 is you do. Making a bit of a low-ball estimation of 4k Intellect, 515 Spirit is worth ~490 MP5 and 320 Spirit + 267.5 MP5 is worth ~572 MP5. Even if you assume an unrealistic (at least at this point) 6k Intellect , you're looking at ~600 MP5 and ~641 MP5. So, clearly, activating it on CD is the way to go.

Does rapture push Disc priests more towards Intellect since it returns 6% of your mana pool now? I realize spirit is still essential but I would think rapture definitely pushes disc priests more towards Int than a holy priest.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by s8mpurye View Post
    A while back I took the time to create a chart for most of the trinkets based purely on the amount of mana they save or regen. I will provide a link to it. On page 1 it is the amount of mana they save/regen over 2mins of combat and page 2 is the mana over 5mins of combat. The shard of woe I included but its hard to calculate since it scales with haste, so I just did the math as if your casting 2 spells /5s that cost mana. The more spells/5 you cast the better it is. This is from purely what the trinket alone brings, not counting anything like racials and class abilities nor replenish(wish i had added this earlier).

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CODZtfQK
    This is great! Thanks so much for throwing this together. I was debating getting the Mandala because I am almost exalted, but it doesn't really seem worth it.

And a question. I don't have this trinket, but was curious why the Tsunami card says:
    Equip: Your healing spells have a chance to increase your Spirit by 80 for 20 sec. This effect can stack up to 5 times.

It seems like an amazing trinket, but does anyone know how often that 'chance' is?

For holy, Spirit has certainly gotten a whole lot more potent than Intellect with the recent buff to Holy Concentration. If you are looking at regen alone, then you are likely wanting to stack SPI. The two stats are giving rather equal benefits at equal stat levels, but you are very likely to have a massive overweight of INT compared to SPI, making SPI the absolutely best stat for regen.

But will stacking SPI make you a better healer? Maybe, maybe not. This reallly depends. Stacking too much SPI is dangerous, because all other stats, including the rather crappy crit stat, is increasing your throughput. By stacking too much regen at the cost of throughput, you might just end up on the negative side, having to spam two heals where other healers suffice with one. If your Flash Heal is outputting like Heal, having silly bad regen is kinda pointless.

INT is a good stat in this aspect, it gives great throughput AND great regen. You can easily consider the regen a bonus; no matter how much INT you are stacking, you are going to be stronger. With SPI, not so much. As such, I say that INT is still king. But you definitively want a mix of both stats. INT alone is not going to keep your boat afloat. The optimal mix is probably to have just enough SPI to keep you working (and a small safety buffer), then go for throughput all the way.

Well technically Spirit gives you throughput though it's indirectly. There's a recent post on EJ (link here - http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110245-...3/#post1820730) about that exactly with some fancy math to back it up. If you aren't having mana issues and you stack more spirit at the cost of intellect, you aren't helping yourself. Personally, I will aim more for spirit until I no longer have mana issues, and then go more for intellect.

I'm leaning towards the tsunami trinket as BiS for holy (and probably all the other healer classes) atm. It is like the old Solace trinket from ToC which people were still using even in ICC. It may be a bit pricey to get (on my server I put the cost at 12-15k for it) but for this content, nothing beats it in terms of throughput and regen. I have the fall of immortality as the other trinket on my wishlist. As much as I love spirit, the spirit trinkets leave a lot to be desired. A proc for mastery is meh at best and I am not a fan of 'on use' trinkets. That is why I am leaning towards int trinkets with spirit procs.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I plan on using Tear of Blood and Blood of Isiset for now.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=56351
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=56414
    If you need more regen I can recommend doing a Mastery -> Spirit reforge on Blood of Isiset. This will give you a pretty balanced trinket that focuses on regen.

Added this to the reference thread.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

with blood of isiset I originally had reforged mastery into spirit.

However, now that I am at about 20% unbuffed mastery and 3500 combat regen.

I am not having regen issues at all really, plus I am a blood elf (Considering going goblin just cause)

Hope + Torrent + Fiend = nuts mana regen. Do that while both trinkets are popped with heartsong....

Full mana bar.