Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Farming Embersilk Cloth

Currently the prices of Embersilk Cloth are through the roof on my server (and probably on many more servers) so I decided to go around and find the best places possible to farm for it. I managed to find 3 different places, one in Uldum and two in Twilight Highlands. Below are links to each of these places and their youtube videos that I uploaded, hopefully it helps someone out!

Twilight Highlands 1 - http://www.almarsguides.com/wow/farm...embersilk2.cfm
    Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovRH-VzKEOY&

Twilight Highlands 2 - http://www.almarsguides.com/wow/farm...embersilk1.cfm
    Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-13wsF6jbRw&

Uldum Farming Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-xFIWYty3M

This should help all those Tailors out there and anyone else looking to raise their first aid skill. Good luck and happy hunting!

---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 03:56 PM ----------

any feedback would be nice

I can confirm that these farming locations are great!

Deleted
    I been all over the place looking for cloth. Was just going to start a new thread but may as well ask here. I find the mobs you listed to have high hp and for the time it takes to kill them it isn't very efficient.

The place you start in the twilight highlands (for alliance point of view) is under attack from endlessly spawning mobs fighting the gaurds. I was wondering if it is worth farming here and if anyone has found a good drop rate here?

Quote Originally Posted by Almars Guides View Post
    I can confirm that these farming locations are great!
    Using alts to self promote yourself...

And the first vid doesn't even seem like a good farming spot, 8 embersilk in 7 minutes
    Last edited by Kil Jaeden the Deceiver; 2010-12-20 at 07:48 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any humanoid in Hyjal or Vashj'ir that respawn quickly and are in a small area... even better... most humanoid mobs in Cataclysm have a drop rate near 50%.. Thank you wowhead

Use the video to grab a bearing of the parameters of the farming location, not an actual look at the drop rates. For example in the Humbolts Conflagaration video I see two blues a green and like 10 volatile fire in 7min. Does that mean its the best farming location ever? Far from it, just got lucky. RNG changes from person to person and from second to second. you never know what youre gonna get! =P

Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post
    I been all over the place looking for cloth. Was just going to start a new thread but may as well ask here. I find the mobs you listed to have high hp and for the time it takes to kill them it isn't very efficient.

The place you start in the twilight highlands (for alliance point of view) is under attack from endlessly spawning mobs fighting the gaurds. I was wondering if it is worth farming here and if anyone has found a good drop rate here?
    The guards this poster mentions is where I farm my cloth. Just as he says, respawn rate is high. Most of the time they only have 50-80% hp because friendly npc's beat on them. Easy to gather and burn down. I'm not sure of the % drop rate on these mobs, but for the respawn rate and very close to eachother limiting traveling, makes this my area of choice.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but also use Potion of Treasure Finding. Every 5-10ish mobs drop a chest that can give anywhere between 5-15 embersilk cloth, along with 5-10g and a chance at 1-2 volatile elements.

Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post
    Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but also use Potion of Treasure Finding. Every 5-10ish mobs drop a chest that can give anywhere between 5-15 embersilk cloth, along with 5-10g and a chance at 1-2 volatile elements.
    Thank you for the heads up sounds like a great way to get in some extra cash/loot

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the prison on pvp zone (tol barad-lower part) the best for farming--all mobs can drop 3 cloth. Respawns there are insane and you dont even have 20s to drink/eat before other mob hits you. Just be sure you pull them inside prision cells if you need Hp.
    Only downside is that you can farm 2h max and then you need to win it again.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I find the prison on pvp zone (tol barad-lower part) the best for farming--all mobs can drop 3 cloth. Respawns there are insane and you dont even have 20s to drink/eat before other mob hits you. Just be sure you pull them inside prision cells if you need Hp.
    Only downside is that you can farm 2h max and then you need to win it again.
    At least if you have Tol Barad you should be keeping it for some time. It is quite a broken zone as far as pvp goes. Defenders should always win.

Tailors get extra cloth from mobs in dungeons ftl :P

bumpage for great justice!

ust so all of you know. the ogre spot is actually great. This guy isn't a tailor so he isnt getting the extra cloth that tailors do. i have been here for 5 mins and farmed 35 embersilk. Idk if you think thats bad but i think its a great spot.

Nice job

I find the easiest way to farm cloth is in the elementium depths (location 2). The most efficient way I've found is to have a tailoring healer backing me up (since I'm a lock) and I just go nonestop killing while the healer keeps me up and runs around looting everything. Don't forget to use a potion of treasure finding (seems like they buffed it, go about 20 treasure chests in an hour last time we did it, and that netted us about 7 extra stacks of cloth). At the end we had around 108 bolts of cloth to make, and we split it up.

The icing on the cake is that we had a level 83 alt on another account on autofollow soaking up the exp, and the healer tailor was only level 84 so they soaked up exp too. Ended up getting half a level (rested exp) for the 83, and about a quarter level for the level 84.

Certainly not bad for an hour's work .

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found the tol barad dailies have the best drop rate. Doing 20 minutes of dailies on my tailor nets me roughly 4 stacks of cloth (depending on which dailies are offered) Even on nontailors, seem to get 1-3 stacks in twenty minutes simply off stuff that you have to kill anyways!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did BoT trash runs, the mobs there give alot embersilk :L

Just load up on treasure potions and find any humanoid mob. I farm the flayer-things in Deepholm, which usually nets me a stack of volatiles and 10 stacks of cloth per hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    H SFK, i find just about every 2nd mob drops about 4 cloth, it is actually a really fast way to get cloth.

I usually get about 80-100 cloth per dungeon run depending on the dungeon.

The only problem here is telling people to loot their goddamn corpses. If they don't, it drops from 80-100 to a more realistic 20-30.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.