Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    4th solve after 450

I got the sword on my first troll solve after I hit 450.

Isn't that just special.

Deleted
    Hey guys, just a quick question : Can i solve all my fragments at 450, even if i'm just lvl 83 ? Still a chance to drop the sword ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegz View Post
    Hey guys, just a quick question : Can i solve all my fragments at 450, even if i'm just lvl 83 ? Still a chance to drop the sword ?
    Fairly certain Archaeology solves aren't based at all on character level.

I'm at 45 now I'm gonna give it till arch levels me to 85(maybe not even that) before I just say piss on it

im at 153 atm, i would love to get this sword but i have a back up plan in the works, farming arena for conquest points to get the pvp weapon if i dont get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost 450 with 890 fragments and 22 tablets, I'll update with results

Edit: got nothing, >.>
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2010-12-23 at 10:32 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Talked to this dude who got it just by stoking troll and leveling from dwarf/fossil.... same way as I did.

When he reached 450 he solved all his troll fragments and got the sword even before hitting 525.

Suffice to say I have not done a single digsite since.

Quote Originally Posted by Leothas View Post
    Talked to this dude who got it just by stoking troll and leveling from dwarf/fossil.... same way as I did.

When he reached 450 he solved all his troll fragments and got the swor$ even before hitting 525.

Suffice to say I have not done a single digsite since.
    Did the same thing. hit 525...no sword...and 30 solved artefacts later...still now sword. But i get the Orc epic head on my second solved and the lvl 70 axe from northend too while leveling ... "lucky me"

Deleted
    I really don't wanna piss you guys off, but when I hitted 525 I completed 2 artifacts and the second one was the sword. lucky me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Saved 2100 troll frags and 30 tablets before i hited the 525 cap. And suprise i didnt get it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I saved up a total of 1750 troll fragments and about 45 tablets, when I hit 450 I solved as many troll ones as possible, (I hadn't solved any up to that point) and I got Zin'Rokh with about 100 fragments and 8 tablets left

of the rares I've gotten
    dwarf 3/4
    troll 0/1
    fossil 2/2
    Nelf 3/7
    Tol'vir 0/5
    Orc 1/1
    Draenei 1/2
    Nerubian 1/2
    Vykrul 0/1

Solved just slightly over 400 digs altogether, no trink, no swords, no ring, no staff

If it makes you guys feel better, I got Tyrande's Favorite Doll in one artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by badgertgb View Post
    This math needs a little bit of work, there is roughly 25% chance that after 135 tries of something with 1% droprate that you will not get it. People seem to think they are being screwed when they dont get something after 100, but mathematically plenty of people will fall into that category.
    Yep, they fall into trap of gambler's fallacy. 1% chance is 1% chance every time you try to do something, that has 1% chance of succeeding.
    In wow this applies to droprates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

about 1500 fragments, had enough and now will only survey places I'm actually going for some other reason
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Here I go, 450 Arch with 1200 Troll Frags and of course solving each with keystones as needed. I'll let you guys know how this worked out soon.

Edit:
    WOOOT SO WORTH IT! 800 Frags and 20 some keystones later Zin'rokh FINALLY appeared.
    In total it was roughly 30 solves on my shaman, 46 solves on my paladin post 450 arch. Totalling for 76 solves, from the looks of it I'm in the medium of how often this thing has appeared (141st for some posters and 2nd for some others)
    Last edited by Ruinku; 2010-12-23 at 11:18 AM.

Deleted
    To the people claiming they have done 250-300 troll solves... honestly, that seems to me like an overexaggeration. I mean come on, 300 solves are like what 10.500 fragments? Even if you started at release and did archeology for 8 hours straight EVERY day, you probably wouldn't even have that amount of troll-only fragments.

And even if you did, it's probably time to lay down wow and breath some fresh air, doing that much for an entrylevel "titansteel destroyer" type weapon is utter insanity. Pay a guild to do Magmaw 10 with you and grab an Akirus - bam theres your epic weapon.

Deleted
    Is it possible you need 10 rare (any rare) before you get an 85 purple?!