Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Solo old raids at 85 (what and can we)

Quick info:
    ~ mostly feral kitty specc with a few proection talents with bear.
    ~My item ilevel is 334
    ~ I'm a born and raised resto so only a pretend feral.

Hey there wow goers!
    I have some time tonight (after work ugh!) and got the idea in my head to try some old raids. I already have all the classic ones, so o was wondering how BC raids are to Druids. Should I give them a try? Or should I not waist my time? Thanks in advance for any advice!
    My name is Earthsong, and I like to collect pets,
    http://warcraftpets.com/account/prof...user=earthsong

I also like to explore

You should just go and try some of them. Then share your experience on these forums.

If you like it, do it. Do the ones you dig.

With the nerf to mastery, lower dodge %, and half as much crit as we had at 80, you won't be able to solo any of the 25man raids yet. Maybe a boss or two but I doubt anything more than that. Wait til toward the end of the expansion and I bet we'll be able to solo a good amount of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordoo View Post
    If you like it, do it. Do the ones you dig.

You know after I wrote it, I think I conveyed the wrong way. Ment to ask if it was possible or am I just going to fail :x

---------- Post added 2011-01-01 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sans View Post
    You should just go and try some of them. Then share your experience on these forums.
    And so I shall! Just keeP in mind I'm a pretend feral.

I also like to explore

Not really soloing but me( Balance druid ilvl 338) and my friend( ret pally ilvl 342) have 2manned bwl, aq40 up to twins, kara, Void reaver and the astromancer in TK, gruul, magtheridon. Were going to try the rest of TK and SCC next week

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucofthewind View Post
    You know after I wrote it, I think I conveyed the wrong way. Ment to ask if it was possible or am I just going to fail :x

---------- Post added 2011-01-01 at 04:27 PM ----------

And so I shall! Just keeP in mind I'm a pretend feral.
    Could probably do kara and za, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kinnay View Post
    Not really soloing but me( Balance druid ilvl 338) and my friend( ret pally ilvl 342) have 2manned bwl, aq40 up to twins, kara, Void reaver and the astromancer in TK, gruul, magtheridon. Were going to try the rest of TK and SCC next week
    Alar is really easy. My bf tanks first platform, I stand in the middle between 1 and 2 and dps till I see it going to 2 and I tank it for a bit and he comes up and taunts. I run between 2 and 3 and dps the add and rinse and repeat. p2 is even easier since I just dps. I'm a mage, beeteedubs. We haven't been able to do kael because I just can't do enough dps to all the adds in p3 before he dies. Probably just need more gear.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2011-01-01 at 09:32 PM.

My friend and I have done MC BWL Zul'Aman, 5 Bosses in Black Temple, TK up to the last boss, Mags lair, gruul, and 2 bosses in VoA - with Emalon close to being killed. (The adds currently hit too hard).

You probably couldn't solo any BC raids, besides Zul'Aman. Zul'Aman is easy as peas.

if you couldnt solo it at 80 you probably wont be able to solo it at 85, most take two people anyways like Mags, and OS was tough with 2 people.

Kara and ZA were soloable at 80.

It may be possible to solo Gruul. Maulgar is the problem.
    Maggy is probably not easily soloable.

In SSC and TK, Kael's and Vashj's mechanics don't allow for a kill with less than...say, 4ish for Vashj and a few more for Kael.

However, if you can find a friend, a shaman and I were able to duo Gruul's easily, Maggy's easily, 5/6 SSC with the only hard part being Fathom-Lord, and 3/4 TK.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    My friend and I have done MC BWL Zul'Aman, 5 Bosses in Black Temple, TK up to the last boss, Mags lair, gruul, and 2 bosses in VoA - with Emalon close to being killed. (The adds currently hit too hard).

You probably couldn't solo any BC raids, besides Zul'Aman. Zul'Aman is easy as peas.
    Kara is easily soloable

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post

You think a mage/prot pally with like 155k hp would be able to do voa10? We've actually 2 manned sarth+1. We tried ony but with aoe caps I can't kill all the adds fast enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling my DK for this reason. =) When I get some heroic gear, me and my brother will go 2 man some BC raids and naxx / wotlk heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol View Post
    Kara is easily soloable
    Woops forgot to include that.

Deleted
    Well if you havent done Karazhan, ZA yet id suggest you start with that. If you want to skip that id suggest go to Tk since ive managed to tag team a few bosses in there. But if you want the real frosting on the cake go for BT / SWP.

Start small and do harder stuff as you progress to find your limit. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol View Post
    Kara is easily soloable
    yeah i know that, i was just listing what we did.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Alar is really easy. My bf tanks first platform, I stand in the middle between 1 and 2 and dps till I see it going to 2 and I tank it for a bit and he comes up and taunts. I run between 2 and 3 and dps the add and rinse and repeat. p2 is even easier since I just dps. I'm a mage, beeteedubs. We haven't been able to do kael because I just can't do enough dps to all the adds in p3 before he dies. Probably just need more gear.
    I'd go with phase 4 in Kael'thas being impossible with two people. Without multiple people having the dagger, MC will not allow you to do it. Without someone to put Cosmic Infuser on the tank (by healing), he'll die from fire damage.
    We were unable to get past phase 4 with four level 85's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceazyface View Post
    I'd go with phase 4 in Kael'thas being impossible with two people. Without multiple people having the dagger, MC will not allow you to do it. Without someone to put Cosmic Infuser on the tank (by healing), he'll die from fire damage.
    We were unable to get past phase 4 with four level 85's.
    We figured but we wanted to try it anyway lol. Been trying to get him to go to bt, since we can probably do the first 3, and ssc, since we could probably do at least 4, but we did them so much at 70 he doesn't wanna. I shall poke and prod further!

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    We figured but we wanted to try it anyway lol. Been trying to get him to go to bt, since we can probably do the first 3, and ssc, since we could probably do at least 4, but we did them so much at 70 he doesn't wanna. I shall poke and prod further!
    Kinda off topic, but i have to say your icon make me lol.

I also like to explore

Can any class solo KT right now?