Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Justice Point to Honor Point conversion

Hey guys,
    I remember the topic being something that was talked about by Blizzard when they first mentioned the new points system. Was it scrapped or did they implement it? I can't find anything about it =/
    Cheers
    I'll slap you so hard you'll feel like you've kissed a Freight Train..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember ever hearing anything about it, so if it was being talked about it was probably scrapped before ever being implemented.

Have never heard anything about it either..
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Heh, maybe I imagined it, but I'm sure it was mentioned with the change in currency as a blue post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJester210 View Post
    Heh, maybe I imagined it, but I'm sure it was mentioned with the change in currency as a blue post.
    I also remember them saying something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

They said that in some of the cata previews... but ..it was never implemented.

Bah, useless, I've got way to much JP spare now, it's stupid. Even with a full tank set too.. annoying.

Deleted
    Not gonna happen.

Deleted
    maybe theyll implement it alongside pvp heirlooms

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophy12 View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    O rly? It wasn't going to be a direct conversion, something like 3 <points> to 1 <point> or something, and you say that, alot has happened that we didn't expect.

It wouldn't make sense at all, they have such a nice system now, its so simple and easy to understand, god forbid ever implenting conversion again.

Justice points for low tier and casuals, Valor points for high tier and active raiders.

Honor points for low pvp and casual pvpers, Conquest points for good pvpers.

There's no need to mix up PvP and PvE, they are perfectly separated now!
    'To laugh at your own mistakes can lengthen your life, but to laugh at the mistakes of others can shorten it.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catastrophy12 View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    And where did you get this from? Give everybody the link please so we can all see just how right you are with all of those "sources".

OT: I'm sure they will implement this, there was also a blue post on it way back, I can't find it though. If anybody does have a link, could you share it please?

10+ Year Old Account
    why should justice points be able to be converted into honor points? Justice points are from pve, Honor points are from pvp. Pvp and pve are 2 different aspects.

Why are there so many people accusing me of saying they should? It wasn't my suggestion, it was a blue post I saw ages ago and had asked if it had been implemented.. jeez. =P

Quote Originally Posted by MrMuggles View Post
    There's no need to mix up PvP and PvE, they are perfectly separated now!
    Not entirely separated.. I went to kill the boss in UP heroic for the mount, and was surprised to see I got Honor Points for the kill of this boss, havent tried any other WotLK heroics but wouldn't surprise me if they gave honor as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    <-- also heard about that, dont remember where tho

unless alot of us had the same dream

it wasnt supposed to be a 1:1 ratio tho

it would be nice to use all the jp that has fast become useless. after buying the shoulders everything else is outdone by quartermasters or heroic dunegon drops for me so i'm nearing the cap with nothing to buy. using it to get some pvp gear would be a nice incentive to do heroics again. Though i assume there would be need to be either an obscenely one sided leaning exchange rate or a cooldown on it so you can't just buy a set without needing the entry level crafted pvp gear in one go.

-not that the tol barad glitch didnt render them useless for most crafters to sell already...

-actually we could buy the lowest tier pvp stuff in dalaran for badges couldnt we? they were not as good as the honour ones, or more expensive but at least we could use those badges even after getting full tier 10.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2011-01-10 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Not entirely separated.. I went to kill the boss in UP heroic for the mount, and was surprised to see I got Honor Points for the kill of this boss, havent tried any other WotLK heroics but wouldn't surprise me if they gave honor as well.
    Stone Keeper Shards were removed, so now Northrend HC bosses give some honor instead.

While I agree that we need a dump for each of them, it should not be into another currency.
    There are already enough using pvp gear as a stopgap for heroics because they are too lazy to earn the right gear.
    Gearing up for the content should involve participating in the correct content.
    I do not expect to gear up for arena by running random heroics, nor for raids or heroic by running random battlegrounds.
    There should never be a conversion, only something to dump either into.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-point-changes

Here you go jester, and to all those who say "Keep PvP away from my PvE." And vice versa, it isn't always about one spectrum of the game.

"We do plan to have a way to convert Honor points (PvP) into Justice points (PvE), and vice versa, at a loss. The conversions will be possible, but it won't be a 1:1 rate, and you'll have fewer points after the conversion process. We won't allow the higher tiers to be exchanged for each other, however."

I don't know how to bluepost bubble, so this is the best you get.
    Last edited by Fenrir_Rendar; 2011-01-10 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Edit: LOLICAN'TTYPE!

"Man is free the moment he wishes to be."-Voltaire