Deleted

The Cat Guide - 4.0.3a edition

See http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aclysm-Edition for the most uptodate version!
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-01-05 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    Nice Guide! You might want to include epic pvp weapons as they're very easy to get ATM though Also Maybe talk about racials, Worgens atm have something like 300 bonus dps over night elfs, somthing to consider on people rolling ferals! Also, when using RAWR it's saying atm to run out and charge and ravage on every CD, which ofcourse isnt possible on all fights (looking at you big blind dragon) but might be a dps increase on others!

15+ Year Old Account
    lol now we got 2 cat guids

abotu the charge thats an old one indeed, and its not sure if its realy better considerring you loose some dps on melee attacks
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    is there any mastery cap or can u stack up as much as u possibly can?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post

abotu the charge thats an old one indeed, and its not sure if its realy better considerring you loose some dps on melee attacks
    melee makes up only like 20% of our damage and the ravage will be free, as long as it doesnt cap energy I dont see how it cant be a DPS increase

Deleted
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/utils/tal...t.druid.wlNDlO

How about this for a hybrid spec. I'm already a tank/resto PVE, I don't want to have to sacrifice healing just to alter a couple of talents for a cat spec.

Could you please add engi helm (http://www.wowhead.com/item=59455) to the gear list? Assuming 208 hit rating and 208 mastery rating cogwheels. Thanks!
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

First of all, great guide.
    Second, even thou you wrote that you are going to update the guide in few hours/days, but you should remove stats that are not relevant like armor penetration. It only takes few mins to edit post
    Also id like to know why best before raids gear have hit on it when near hit it is written to not go after the hit caps? O.O'

GJ

Why are the pre-cata trinkets on there and not cata epic trinkets?
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magichan View Post
    is there any mastery cap or can u stack up as much as u possibly can?
    It's safe to say that there is no cap and no diminishing returns on Mastery for Ferals at this time. So stack Mastery as high as possible and watch your bleeds do most of the work for you

15+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate your hard work on this Mihir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    It's safe to say that there is no cap and no diminishing returns on Mastery for Ferals at this time. So stack Mastery as high as possible and watch your bleeds do most of the work for you
    thx for the fast anserw m8 and also thanks for a very nice guide Mihir

So, according to the one and only working simulation calculator atm, Mew, im getting different stats value than those listed in this guide, namely both hit and expertise should be below haste. Also mastery seems to be over-valued here, probably accounting old rake bug. And the mention of armor pen and too much irrelevant wotlk stuff - amusing for memories, but nothing but nuisance and mess-up for newbies, those that really need some kind of guide, you know.. Overall it seems the "guide" is OUTDATED

Also i strongly disagree that +3% crit bonus from meta is not worth getting non-optimal gems, gems are a drop in the bucket, especially at high gear levels, while 3% bonus scales well with your stats. Also according to said Mew, stacking sensei emeralds and pure agi gems works better than 1 sensei and agi/hit the rest. And the last thing.. Trinket values and scores seem to be outdated too, Tia's Grace is easily #1 among blues and beats many epics as well. Also i noticed that all the agi "on use" trinkets have 2 min CD which does not match berserk, and it'd be a waste to not wait extra minute to match for next berserk, thus the value of those trinkets gets deminished greatly, either way. They seem to be tailored for rogue's 2min cooldowns :[ Gotta take that into account and not just calculate average agility as constant passive bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    Gotta take that into account and not just calculate average agility as constant passive bonus.
    If you're using your 2m trinket every time it's off CD you can list it as a constant passive bonus. In an average fight you'll still line up the use with beserk 2-3 times (speaking raids)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    So, according to the one and only working simulation calculator atm, Mew, im getting different stats value than those listed in this guide, namely both hit and expertise should be below haste. Also mastery seems to be over-valued here, probably accounting old rake bug. And the mention of armor pen and too much irrelevant wotlk stuff - amusing for memories, but nothing but nuisance and mess-up for newbies, those that really need some kind of guide, you know.. Overall it seems the "guide" is OUTDATED

Also i strongly disagree that +3% crit bonus from meta is not worth getting non-optimal gems, gems are a drop in the bucket, especially at high gear levels, while 3% bonus scales well with your stats. Also according to said Mew, stacking sensei emeralds and pure agi gems works better than 1 sensei and agi/hit the rest. And the last thing.. Trinket values and scores seem to be outdated too, Tia's Grace is easily #1 among blues and beats many epics as well. Also i noticed that all the agi "on use" trinkets have 2 min CD which does not match berserk, and it'd be a waste to not wait extra minute to match for next berserk, thus the value of those trinkets gets deminished greatly, either way. They seem to be tailored for rogue's 2min cooldowns :[ Gotta take that into account and not just calculate average agility as constant passive bonus.
    - Make sure to use the Mew Simulator, not the Formulator.
    - Rake bug has never been part of my stat weights, as not many ppl knew it was bugged and it was pretty much fixed right away.
    - At high gear levels you will have many gems, so a lot of agility has to be sacrificed. 3% crit damage equals about 475 dps.
    - I made a post about trinkets, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=1#post9907714. Haven't had the time yet to add it to the main post tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to close this; see the sticky linked in the main post for the real version