Deleted

Combat Rogues! What stats are priority?

Yeah, I know it's agility at the top of course. And I know all the stats we need.

But I ask you today, what are our best stats, in order of best to worse. So Agility is at the top, what's second, third, fourth, etc.?

Thank you! Unless you're not gonna bother telling me. Then I hate you!

Anyway, post the answer below!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunka View Post
    Yeah, I know it's agility at the top of course. And I know all the stats we need.

But I ask you today, what are our best stats, in order of best to worse. So Agility is at the top, what's second, third, fourth, etc.?

Thank you! Unless you're not gonna bother telling me. Then I hate you!

Anyway, post the answer below!

I believe it's something like Agi > Hit to specials cap > expertise to cap > haste > hit to poison cap > crit > mastery

Combat is terrible unless:

1) Your muti weapon is 2 ilvl tiers lower
    2) You have a rediculous amount of haste (nobody does at this point, most leather gear atm has mastery which is what screws combat the most)

In short: Go muti, faceroll, and do far superior damage.

I wasted 10k on Landslide for my combat wep to realize its just not feasible atm. Blizzard's planning on buffing mastery so it's not horribly useless, and hopefully it will be a top stat like it is for muti.

TL;DR: Combat sucks, but if you insist Agi > Yellow Hit > Expertise to Cap > Haste > Spell Hit to cap > White hit > crit > mastery

Combat is great when there is exactly two targets.

Otherwise, yeah, get a good mutilate weapon and switch.

I imagine once you start getting heroic raid loot then Combat will scale up better, but at the heroics/starter raid level, Muti is definately better.

10+ Year Old Account
    what they said ^^ I've been combat since SSC(was assass in vanilla and kara days) as much as it killed me I broke down and went mut last week. My dps jumped up quite a bit. And I had somewhere around 1900 haste(my MH speed without s&d was 2.01) and the best I could pull was still about 1k less than mutilate with a crappier mut MH weapon.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Deleted
    ok, so what do you mean by mut weapons? 2 daggers? well i have one, another shouldn't be that hard too get.

ty guys =D I'm usually top of dps in combat, and should pwn in mut then =P

So another question, priority order of mutilate stats? and is the rotation hard to get the hang of!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you trying out for a position in a top 100 raiding guild? Are you going for realm firsts or Top 10 server ranking? If not, remember... it's a game, and one you are paying to play. You should go with what you like.

If you like combat, find a way to make it work for you. The only way I would switch if I were you is if the guild will NOT bring you unless you go Mute aka FoTM, or expansion as it may seem at the moment.

That being said, combat is viable on some bosses. If you are running mute on Four Winds first boss, I doubt you are better than combat. The down time in between with the bridge jumping, the adds, the next boss for 10 seconds then back to the first? Just a few example of ways you can't stay ramped up with poisons and bleeds while spamming envenom every 3 seconds.

TLDR: Don't let anyone tell you what kind of flower to be... unless you are being paid :P
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Thought id post the combat guide from elitest jerks since for some reason in a thread about combat, an assasination guide link got posted :P it has all the info the OP needs about stat weights

elitistjerks.com/f78/t111329-combat_guide_cata/

anyaway, yea combat is less DPS currently, but this is because its not working as intended. but even though i like to maximise my character, ive been with combat for PVE since forever, and I enjoy it that way. im happy to take the hit in DPS until fixes come in. if my small dps difference is effecting raid progression ill prob respec for the greater good however

Combat is actually ahead until execution percents. Mute pulls ahead at the end, but both are viable, don't be fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonights View Post
    spirit>str>crit>int>hit>haste>exp>agi>mp5>arp
    the worrying part is someone will most likely read this and follow it as true information

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonights View Post
    spirit>str>crit>int>hit>haste>exp>agi>mp5>arp
    oh rly? I had it all wrong then, need to work on replacing all my old gear then =S thank you! this is pretty helpful, i thought agi was top but obviously not! best post yet, hopefully i'll have loads of dps with this in mind!