Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Free to play is a different thing altogether. I dislike that model in general, and yes, they will force you to buy things to play in a reasonably competitive manner.
    No they won't and I haven't seen or played a free to play video game that's followed that model since I've started gaming online 6 years ago. Not even the crappy free Korean mmo I played followed that business model. Not saying games like that don't exist but they definitely seem to be in the minority when it comes to popular titles.

Arenaet is really pushing gw2 as an e-sports title they're not going to ruin competition through cash shop items. Just about everything at max level is going to be cosmetic whether it be from the cash shop or found in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'd like to add something to it, please also bear in mind that you can always go back to previous content (since main content is level 20/max in GW1) and still play with a challenge. This is something I greatly miss in WoW, old raids and content will have a package of dust on them, because no one needs to do them, and the people who do won't have the same experience, or atleast a challenging one, like they did when that content was "main content".
    This is an important point. Right now, if you buy WoW and want to experience raiding, you need to buy WotLK and Cata. Buying WotLK gives you essentially nothing. Sure, you get 10 levels worth of quests, but I'm talking about endgame.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

And tbc...another $30...
    ...that cash cow is mighty fat now.

I dont give a damn bout that WoW vs GW2 thing, all I want is GW2 to be my new game that I will spend most of my free time on and will enjoy it.
    Also, Im sure I will buy one or two things from cash shop sooner or later anyway, since there will be some stuff (if its same as GW1) Id like to buy later on anyway and since there is no monthly fee, Ill buy it with ease.
    Just look at wow: How many people race/sex change often, or buys ingame pets and mounts... A LOT. If they do that in GW2 then its more than fine.

@Squirrelbanes: TBC is now FREE.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-01-17 at 12:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    @Squirrelbanes: TBC is now FREE.
    Only took em half a decade...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust a, B2P with cash shop model at all but will give it a chance with GW2.

The first item that screams "Buy to win!" and it's over though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkyri View Post
    Its pretty much the same income as a Sub model.

Sub- you pay $15month for 6months- get one patch
    B2P- you pay $60-$90 for an expac every 6months.
    I have only ever seen but ONE mmorpg that actually follows the Sub system (lineage2). All other i played followed the :
    You pay $15/month for 6months AND you pay $60 to buy the expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    I don't trust a, B2P with cash shop model at all but will give it a chance with GW2.

Look at Guild Wars 1. They had no "Buy to Win" options and it's cash shop has been around for like 4 and a half years...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Only took em half a decade...
    Lol...didn't know that.
    I should be grateful I got to enjoy the content when it was fresh
    But it's still entirely valid to say wotlk should also be free now then.

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    I have only ever seen but ONE mmorpg that actually follows the Sub system (lineage2). All other i played followed the :
    You pay $15/month for 6months AND you pay $60 to buy the expac.
    And lol. Do you honestly believe that justifies it? They did it because they can. Not because they need the subs to carry on producing the game.
    I'm confident that GW2 will put an end to that utter foolishness.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-01-17 at 12:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you have any problem with Wow's cash shop?
    What about with mini pets you can buy in the cash shop and sell on the AH?

How do you buy to win when everyone has the same stats in pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiireballz View Post
    How do you buy to win when everyone has the same stats in pvp?
    not to mention all the dungeons, zones, and DEs have a scaling system so even if Anet had a stroke and lost 50% of their brain function and implemented the gear treadmill we'd still be scaled down, well EVERYWHERE...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Knock off the WoW bashing guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Knock off the WoW bashing guys.
    And the GW2 bashing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    And the GW2 bashing?
    This is the GW2 forums, we discuss GW2 here. If you want to discuss an aspect of WoW, there are plenty of forums for you to do that. If someone doesn't like GW2 or a certain aspect of it, they're allowed to share their opinion. I'm not going to make this forum into a circlejerk of fanboys because no real discussion takes place then. If they are flaming or trolling, they'll get infracted, but as long as they are posting productively (in some manner) there's no reason to take any action.

They won't be selling dungeons or other content on the store. They'd talked about it a while back but based on this quote from Colin Johanson, it sure doesn't sound like they have plans to have you buy any meaningful content outside of expansions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Yqr3Rqs#t=779s

Listen closely to the last 10 seconds or so.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    To enjoy GW2 the way it was ment to be you'll be looking at an amount of money of 12$ a month on extra things. It's the way expensive F2P games work.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvandus View Post
    To enjoy GW2 the way it was ment to be you'll be looking at an amount of money of 12$ a month on extra things. It's the way expensive F2P games work.
    Sigh...if you don't know what you're talking about, don't say anything at all.

Deleted
    Do tell us what these "things" are. B2P is not F2P, there's a difference.

Deleted
    As others have said, please post your insight on this. Providing facts and sources.

I mean we all know you won't because what you said was beyond false, but i'll ask the question anyway.