Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadows Of The Horde, Footsteps of a patch.

So the Vol'jin book is right around the corner. It comes out July 2nd. Just glancing over the Cover i see him in his new garb, Chen storm stout, and an orgrimmar flag and flames. Personally i'm pumped! 5.3 will absolutely be out by june and this cover seems to point at a final patch before or just after blizcon. Any predictions? Anything you'd really like to see in this book/ last chunk of the patch cycle?

I'd personally be totally cool with Vol'jin becoming warchief of the horde, with maybe an orgrimmar representative to handle the orcs, or even just have the troll rule a unified durotar under one flag. This plus we need new faction armor, like ToC but a bit more tailored per class. I think alliance could totally get away with repainted horde gear(you're killing horde for loot, anyway.) What all are you hoping for?

I'd like Blizzard to go really big and bold with the ending of this expansion. Really shake things up, set the foundations for a totally new horde, something we can play and experience ourselves, rather then reading in novels or books.

The razing of Orgrimmar would be an amazing event to experience, and the near destruction of the Horde could breathe new life into a Alliance & Horse pact, that sees them facing the Burning Legion together, as both try to recover from their battles.

A new capital city, perhaps losing Orgrimmar, and turning favour to Thunder Bluff, while Gilneas is lost entirely to the Horde, and Sylvanis becomes a greater threat to all life on Azeroth. I'm no Lore Developer, but what I do know is, I'd like to see something truly, truly epic to end this expansion, like nothing we've seen before!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I'd like Blizzard to go really big and bold with the ending of this expansion. Really shake things up, set the foundations for a totally new horde, something we can play and experience ourselves, rather then reading in novels or books.

The razing of Orgrimmar would be an amazing event to experience, and the near destruction of the Horde could breathe new life into a Alliance & Horse pact, that sees them facing the Burning Legion together, as both try to recover from their battles.

A new capital city, perhaps losing Orgrimmar, and turning favour to Thunder Bluff, while Gilneas is lost entirely to the Horde, and Sylvanis becomes a greater threat to all life on Azeroth. I'm no Lore Developer, but what I do know is, I'd like to see something truly, truly epic to end this expansion, like nothing we've seen before!
    Epic thing should be Alliance completely reclaiming Gilneas, and fighting the Horde in phased Silverpine.

Garrosh is pretty shady, i totally expect him to do some nastiness while the alliance and horde renegades attack him. Stuff to ignite this into a(if it's not already) 4th war. All this isle of thunder peace talk seems pretty premature.

I've been waiting on this book since last.... October was it..? No... when was that New York Comic Con? Well, that was when it was first announced, and I was nerding out and grinning from ear to ear. I've been interested in Vol'jin's character since the revamped ZG and ZA. The book itself is supposed to take place through 5.1 and 5.2. The excerpt on barnes and noble is a little... odd. It introduces a handful of characters, but the situation is hard to comprehend, especially with Vol'jn's broken english. Don't get me wrong, I love the character of the speech, but coupling it with Vol'jin's current condition makes it kinda like experiencing a fever dream lol. Still, I'm counting the days.... 46 more to go lol.

As for the raid, I'm not getting my hopes up for anything. Dragon Soul ended up being an absolute bust, so until I experience it I'm not speculating anything. Blizz has a lot to make up for for DS... though I doubt it'll be as epic as Lich King. Would be great if it was though lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    Garrosh is pretty shady, i totally expect him to do some nastiness while the alliance and horde renegades attack him. Stuff to ignite this into a(if it's not already) 4th war. All this isle of thunder peace talk seems pretty premature.
    I don't get how he would be able to pull that off while the majority of the horde and all of the alliance is trying to perform a revolution against him, it makes no sense at all how he would be able to start a 4th war in that position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

I agree that an epic shaking ending would be amazing for all, like for open a new chapter, for both factions. But i see the complete destruction of Orgrimmar a little excessive. However, could be even a great chance for rebuiliding it in the old good style. Damn, i miss so much the pre-Cata Orgrimmar.

About the novel, i think will be interesting. I'm not one that like make a lot of speculations without clear thoughts, but i'm curious to see how the novel will "support" the main story as it reach it's conclusion.

I'm also very interested to see which kind of decions Vol'jin will take, or have taken. By the few hints i read, seems that the Zandalari came for him, trying to persuade him to join their cause, and due to the disturbing experience he had with the tried murder by Horde hands, he's even incline to accept this time. I want to see which kind of path he will follow to, in the end, remains steady with the "Horde way".
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-17 at 01:03 AM.

I'm hoping that they really go bold and do a twist - after Garrosh is defeated, the Alliance suddenly attacks the Horde, which forces them to scatter. The attack would be a premeditated move agreed upon between all the Alliance leaders to finally eliminate the Horde threat once and for all. The expansion will end and the next will begin with the Horde shattered and scattered throughout Azeroth, trying to regroup as the next major threat looms. It'll set the tone for more conflict between the Alliance and the Horde for the next expansion and potentially spell disaster when the next major threat hits.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The razing of Orgrimmar would be an amazing event to experience, and the near destruction of the Horde could breathe new life into a Alliance & Horse pact, that sees them facing the Burning Legion together, as both try to recover from their battles.!
    Why would the razing of an entire city, both the Horde and Orc capital, make the Horde feel all nice to the Alliance?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    I don't get how he would be able to pull that off while the majority of the horde and all of the alliance is trying to perform a revolution against him, it makes no sense at all how he would be able to start a 4th war in that position.
    I get the impression from the books and quests that orcs are pretty down with what he's doing and noone else quite knows the grim details. Your average hordie(not an elite soldier or high command/faction leader) thinks he's a hero. I'm sure there's no shortage of orcs tauren and goblins lining up to join the horde war machine. Trolls are a smaller population, and anyone who's on kalimdor from the forsaken or the elves were sent there from their home city, so they may not be present at all. But yeah, garrosh has a lot to play with still.

edit: goblins, not shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    I get the impression from the books and quests that orcs are pretty down with what he's doing and noone else quite knows the grim details. Your average hordie(not an elite soldier or high command/faction leader) thinks he's a hero. I'm sure there's no shortage of orcs tauren and goblins lining up to join the horde war machine. Trolls are a smaller population, and anyone who's on kalimdor from the forsaken or the elves were sent there from their home city, so they may not be present at all. But yeah, garrosh has a lot to play with still.

edit: goblins, not shaman.
    WTF does everyone forget Garrosh killed Cairne, Tauren where hating Garrosh way before it was cool to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... What if Garrosh actually creates another Dark Portal under Org, destroying it in the process, and setting us up for the next expansion. Doubtful, as I don't think he'd be messing with demonic magic, but with Blizzard, you just never know.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The raid and patch better be epic. I don't want SoO to feel like DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    The raid and patch better be epic. I don't want SoO to feel like DS.
    If the dev team is not trolling us, SoO should be nothing like DS.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 02:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twosteps View Post
    I'm hoping that they really go bold and do a twist - after Garrosh is defeated, the Alliance suddenly attacks the Horde, which forces them to scatter. The attack would be a premeditated move agreed upon between all the Alliance leaders to finally eliminate the Horde threat once and for all. The expansion will end and the next will begin with the Horde shattered and scattered throughout Azeroth, trying to regroup as the next major threat looms. It'll set the tone for more conflict between the Alliance and the Horde for the next expansion and potentially spell disaster when the next major threat hits.
    Turning us in a bunch of chickens running in every random direction? No thanks.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-17 at 02:26 AM.

Orgrimmar isn't getting razed... at worst it might take a bit of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

From a gameplay standpoint, it would make no sense to start destroying faction cities. Damaged, sure, but still inhabitable by players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullus View Post
    WTF does everyone forget Garrosh killed Cairne, Tauren where hating Garrosh way before it was cool to.
    Vol'jin came into conflict with him about the same time, just before Cataclysm. I seem to remember him and Garrosh having a heated exchange in the old scripted event when Thrall stepped down as Warchief. That was even before Cairne died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

For obvious political reasons, very few people know garrosh's axe was poisoned. It was just as much a betrayal to garrosh as it was to cairne for Magatha to taint the right of... i forget it's name. The Warchief challenge thing. Anyway, right after that he rescued thunder bluff from a grimtotem invasion. Baine doesn't like garrosh, but to incite his people to fight him only puts them in danger. Same with vol'jin. The only open act of aggression was thrall taking sen'jin from the kor'kron, and they're pretty pissed about it i bet. Now that they've rallied an army, they'll oppose him openly, but again, your average member of the horde doesn't know what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Orgrimmar isn't getting razed... at worst it might take a bit of damage.
    I think it would be cool if they went back to old Org.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah but the death of Cairne wsnt nessicarily an evil deed
    It had many grey elements to it

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Vol'jin came into conflict with him about the same time, just before Cataclysm. I seem to remember him and Garrosh having a heated exchange in the old scripted event when Thrall stepped down as Warchief. That was even before Cairne died.
    Garrosh and Vol'jin never once had an interaction that wsnt openly hostile and insulting

Even Cairne, who was also critical and even tried to kill him, was able to have normal conversations and even exchanged compliments

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I think it would be cool if they went back to old Org.
    awww hell no.
    Current Ogrimmar is so dam awsome and imposing and "modern"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"