Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Probably.

I think Sac is pretty competitive and might be better than Serv/Sup on that fight anyway though, depending on how good you are at pushing your ember consumers while in pools.
    I think that may have a lot to do with your raid DPS as a whole, if you get 1 more pool (mixed with Dark Soul) then GoSac would probably be better. If you don't get the extra pool that lines up all your CDs, I am not sure.

Deleted
    edit: wtf, i was 100% sure, i clicked on the affliction thread, wich is also supposed to give encounter specific info, sorry -.-
    Last edited by mmocbd24f84edd; 2013-06-04 at 08:37 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    great guide!!!!!!!!!!!!

At wich ilvl is destro the go-to specc? i love playing affli but i heard that destro is far ahead dps wise.
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    For me destro was ahead on all fights until I got my meta gem, which was around 520 ilvl but also around the time I obtained my second RPPM trinket and a buttload of new items which didn't have crit. Now affliction is top on single target, but I still play destro on hc horridon and ji-kun.

Destro isn't usually ahead because of ilvl factors. Affliction really really wants the legendary meta gem, and without it, it's not as good as it should be. Also, several fights in ToT favor Destro due to fight mechanics, so while other specs may sim higher, Destro wins in actual raiding.

Destro is fairly forgiving, though, if you don't have all the gear. As I said before, Affliction really wants the meta; Demonology really wants UVLS. If you don't have either, chances are Destro will be your best choice.

In general though, given equal skill the specs are fairly equal. Just keep in mind fight-specific mechanics and how they affect your choice.

I literally cannot get within ~20 rating of my hit cap... I can go 40 over or 40 under... which is better? I'm sitting at .15% under cap right now.

Also, is it worse to go haste heavy on destro cleave to not have to spend 1k every 4 fights or is it worse to go mastery heavy for afflic?
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-06-05 at 10:55 PM.

Hey

Should I replace my lfr tier 15 shoulders (502 item level) with the ones from the shado pan assault (522 Item level)?
    If I replace them, I will lose the first set bonus. Is it worth it?

What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I literally cannot get within ~20 rating of my hit cap... I can go 40 over or 40 under... which is better? I'm sitting at .15% under cap right now.

Also, is it worse to go haste heavy on destro cleave to not have to spend 1k every 4 fights or is it worse to go mastery heavy for afflic?
    That's a fairly inconsequential amount. Be hit capped.

Some people will tell you it's ok to not be, but you really should be hit capped.

Deleted
    .15% is absolutely non relevant, go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    .15% is absolutely non relevant, go either way.
    Our other warlock thought it was okay too - until he was in charge of picking up one add on Dark Animus HC, and his initial Fel Flame missed. The result was that 0.03% chance to miss cost 25 players a repair bill and he got a shameful moment of silence.

It's not okay to not be hitcapped.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

So, for H Primordius... RoF the adds and chaos bolt spam or FnB + RoF the adds?

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    So, for H Primordius... RoF the adds and chaos bolt spam or FnB + RoF the adds?
    for padding just keep fnb up all the time and spread your conflags then obviously enough RoF to keep spamming chaos bolts as filler. you should also get a focus havoc macro to shadowburn cleave from low adds to the boss. fnb immolates are rarely worth it but can't say for sure.

when doing it heroic you have to be way more careful with killing adds close to the boss obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    for padding just keep fnb up all the time and spread your conflags then obviously enough RoF to keep spamming chaos bolts as filler. you should also get a focus havoc macro to shadowburn cleave from low adds to the boss. fnb immolates are rarely worth it but can't say for sure.

when doing it heroic you have to be way more careful with killing adds close to the boss obviously.
    Our 10man strat basically revolves around me killing every small add with MF-FnB. (Yet I still end up with about the same boss damage as everyone else :P)

I put up FnB-Immo on adds + RoF as my main source of add damage. You're generally swimming in embers anyway so FnB-Immo'ing doesn't really cost you anything. If I have time to fill I'll conflag. The one thing I'm sure to do is Havoc 3 shadowburns onto the big add to help kill or.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Our 10man strat basically revolves around me killing every small add with MF-FnB. (Yet I still end up with about the same boss damage as everyone else :P)

I put up FnB-Immo on adds + RoF as my main source of add damage. You're generally swimming in embers anyway so FnB-Immo'ing doesn't really cost you anything. If I have time to fill I'll conflag. The one thing I'm sure to do is Havoc 3 shadowburns onto the big add to help kill or.
    This is basically what I do as well.

Been working on my warlock and finally got him to 90.

I'm getting the "rotation" down fairly well but I hear differing opinions on whether to Rain of Fire on single target or not.

Can anyone comment?

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post

I'm getting the "rotation" down fairly well but I hear differing opinions on whether to Rain of Fire on single target or not.

Can anyone comment?
    If the mob will be taking each tick of the RoF
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account

Can anyone comment?
    You should use it in a single target rotation if every tick will hit the boss. That being said Blizzard has mentioned they aren't particularly happy with this so don't be surprised when/if they change it in a few patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    You should use it in a single target rotation if every tick will hit the boss. That being said Blizzard has mentioned they aren't particularly happy with this so don't be surprised when/if they change it in a few patches.
    Thanks, glad to hear it might change. It feels very clunky to me to mix in RoF.

One more question: let's say I'm casting Chaos Bolt and in the middle of my cast a trinket procs. Is it better to just finish the cast and or stop casting and recast with the trinket buff?

Thanks, glad to hear it might change. It feels very clunky to me to mix in RoF.

One more question: let's say I'm casting Chaos Bolt and in the middle of my cast a trinket procs. Is it better to just finish the cast and or stop casting and recast with the trinket buff?
    Stats for any casted spell aren't determined until the cast finishes. Finish casting it, it will benefit.