Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    it's not about having those "non-damaging shots" into BW, it's about getting them out within Renataki's/Juju + prepot

having the 5 KCs inside BW + R/BW WHILE inside the Renataki's/Juju + prepot is why there is no better opener
    I still dont see why wouldnt you be able to get the 5 KC, u get 3 on the 1st bw with readiness and 2 in the 2nd one. how is this so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    I still dont see why wouldnt you be able to get the 5 KC, u get 3 on the 1st bw with readiness and 2 in the 2nd one. how is this so hard?
    It's to pair it with your trinket procs. If you mess up the timing you lose a bw 10 stack renataki's + bad juju kill command. You'd be trading that for a couple of arcane shots.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

you were just arguing that 2 BWs last 16 seconds, were you not?

Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    you were just arguing that 2 BWs last 16 seconds, were you not?
    yeah sorry i usually dont read tooltips, i know what i can do during and track the uptime on it why would i had to know how much is the cd. it used to be 18 sec and then they choped to what its now 10 sec, i just tho it was 8.

my mistake. i just dont see how hard to to fit in 5 KC into 20 sec when the cd is 6 sec and you get 1 with readiness reset.

yeah sorry i usually dont read tooltips, i know what i can do during and track the uptime on it why would i had to know how much is the cd. it used to be 18 sec and then they choped to what its now 10 sec, i just tho it was 8.

my mistake. i just dont see how hard to to fit in 5 KC into 20 sec when the cd is 6 sec and you get 1 with readiness reset.
    It was 16 seconds with the old 4 piece, not 18.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Like i already said that there is really no room for error you have to hit every KC on cd. If you are interested how it looks like in WoL you can check that link out.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ricksPlease%22

700k opener after the stampede nerf.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12443&e=12464

I miss the old stampede times where it was possible to do 1mill opener on durumu =(.
    Last edited by mmoccb5d5773b1; 2013-07-08 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal- View Post
    Like i already said that there is really no room for error you have to hit every KC on cd. If you are interested how it looks like in WoL you can check that link out.

I miss the old stampede times where it was possible to do 1mill opener on durumu =(.
    Fatal you are my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    It was 16 seconds with the old 4 piece, not 18.
    I was talking about old one from tbc->naxx nerf.

prolly 2pc was the problema for me not remembering how much it last. still i just watch my poweraura so i dont really care what is the duration. my mistake. i tried the whole night this opener and i can see where he is comming from. is really thight. 1 thing i notice is that my trinkets in couple of attempts didnt proc on my SrS.

i was opening with stampede->srs-> then followed him.

I checked a few logs always the same.

[22:13:45.771] Fatal casts Serpent Sting on Ro'shak
    [22:13:46.240] Fatal casts Bestial Wrath
    [22:13:46.256] Fatal casts Synapse Springs
    [22:13:46.541] Fatal gains Blades from Fatal
    [22:13:46.557] Fatal gains Juju Madness from Fatal
    [22:13:46.724] Fatal casts Kill Command on Ro'shak
    [22:13:47.425] Fatal casts Berserking
    [22:13:47.511] Fatal casts Rapid Fire
    [22:13:47.912] Fatal casts Stampede

Trinkets always proc like this for me and when i pre cast i would lose 1 second of my trinket procs because they would proc together with Cobra Shot and i won't make the 5th KC with everything up.
    I don't think that latency can be that bad. The only way why your trinket proc that late is because you "proc on pull" timer is still not at 100%.

As for the Neck gem i take my stat weights from simultationcraft and put them into MR.Robot.
    Is it a WA you use for the proc on pull timer? If so, could you link it.

Further to what I wrote earlier, I am now convinced to try this opener and "get it". I was looking at my old opener and indeed that 5 KC's is a tight squeeze, but hadn't given this a shot, make a bit more sense why you are doing this. I'm presuming this is specific to this particular trinket proc, with the 20 seconds fitting in with 2 x BW and 5 KC's in that time with readiness. I wonder if future trinkets will change our opener.

You didn't respond to the idea of shifting stampede as your first cast ? Since the pets won't trigger the trinkets.. prepot - stampede - regular opener ?

And dang you got lucky with crits.. 4/5 of your KC's crit..
    Last edited by Saoron; 2013-07-08 at 09:06 AM.

How would an optimal opener work with Fervor in the picture as BM? Everything I'm seeing involves Dire Beast. And where did that pet(?) ability go that used extra focus to do more damage on its basic attack when above 50 focus? I can't seem to remember what happened to it as I can't seem to find it anywhere in my spell book.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2013-07-08 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    You didn't respond to the idea of shifting stampede as your first cast ? Since the pets won't trigger the trinkets.. prepot - stampede - regular opener ?

And dang you got lucky with crits.. 4/5 of your KC's crit..
    What would most likely happen is, that a stampede pet or two will get oneshot on the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    How would an optimal opener work with Fervor in the picture as BM? Everything I'm seeing involves Dire Beast. And where did that pet(?) ability go that used extra focus to do more damage on its basic attack when above 50 focus? I can't seem to remember what happened to it as I can't seem to find it anywhere in my spell book.
    I presume you are talking about Wild Hunt - pet does 100% more damage (but uses double focus) which still exists. I also think however nice Fervor is, in terms of raw DPS and the reason why you are seeing Dire Beast being used for BM is the quite substantially more than Fervor. However if you still wanted to use this talent, even being grossly over focus capped at the start of an opener as BM, I would use Fervor just before you hit readiness even if you are focus capped as it does give focus to your pet which is useful.

All this debate about perfectly maximizing openers, however when 5.4 launches none of it will matter due to that readiness nerf. It's going to be really easy to open the best way possible, and not mess it up. I'm still hoping they give us some sustained DPS buffs that will make up for this massive loss in burst dps. =/

Man the opener is going to be sooooooooo boring in 5.4, readiness made the PvE side of things fun, damn PvPers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    I presume you are talking about Wild Hunt - pet does 100% more damage (but uses double focus) which still exists. I also think however nice Fervor is, in terms of raw DPS and the reason why you are seeing Dire Beast being used for BM is the quite substantially more than Fervor. However if you still wanted to use this talent, even being grossly over focus capped at the start of an opener as BM, I would use Fervor just before you hit readiness even if you are focus capped as it does give focus to your pet which is useful.
    One thing I remember reading is that Simulationcraft over-simulates how many attacks Dire Beast does, thus giving it a better dps value than it actually has. Along with certain bosses moving, Dire Beast losing an attack or 2 on certain fights. And on any boss with Cleave, I try to take Fervor>Dire Beast, most of the time on farm stuff I forget to swap talents though, been using Fervor for the last week or so. I usually try to drop to 30-40 focus before BW and pop it during the start or mid, depending on my focus levels. But yea, I always pop Fervor before Readiness regardless of my own focus levels.

And yea, I was talking about Wild Hunt, where did it go? Not in my spell book, nor in my pet's ability page. It's like, "Hey! We have a hidden ability!"

With 5.4 Readiness changes, we're back to Cata play style, pretty much. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Man the opener is going to be sooooooooo boring in 5.4, readiness made the PvE side of things fun, damn PvPers!!!!
    They need to just make separate skills for PVP and PVE already, at the minimum separate versions of each CD. That would solve most PVP vs PVE problems.

I'm still hoping they give us something in 5.4 that will make up for the huge loss of burst dps. Granted, hunter opener is pretty complex and kind of needed some slight button bloat removal, however, they completely gutted it rather than just making it a little easier. Now it just feels like something isn't right, and I really hope they find a middle ground.

Blink Strikes was the way to go, it helped and meant one less button to press (aMoC or LR). I'm comfortable with the opener and use of readiness, however I feel the class is going back an expansion to Cata with a few more buttons to press, namely Stampede (Which is usually macroed in anyway to RF), GT and DB. Not really come on that much when you think about it that way. Don't mind the readiness nerf, and I get it, just hope Blizz does something to make the rotation engrossing and compensating for our burst opener.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Man you are awesome, I mean really awesome. 500k KC, I've never had one bigger than 350k

I'd like to give a shot at your opener but I think I'm going to have a bad time since I play with 250ms latency