Thread: Well, RIP UVLS?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    The time of demo is over, the time for more destro has come!

Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    So one trinket makes a whole class completely unviable? lol
    Arcane Mages say hello, clutching their Shard of Woe.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    The time of demo is over, the time for more destro has come!
    Demo would of been fine... but noooooooooooooooooooooooooo LETS FUCK THEIR IMPS TOO

*cries

10+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P you won't be missed. Shoulda happened at the start of 5.4 along with all the other trinkets. What was it, normal was simming like 10k over SoO trinkets even?
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-09-24 at 07:27 PM.

So what is the trinket like now?, Procing of the pull?, Low procs during combat?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    So what is the trinket like now?, Procing of the pull?, Low procs during combat?
    It's fucking terrible is all I'm going to say.

i just ran two flex raids as demo with a +2/2 HTF UVLS, here's what i've found:
    - UVLS still procs on EVERY pull like clockwork
    - lowest uptime: 4.1%, best uptime: 5.5%
    - my last week normal iron juggernaut kill was 267k DPS. today's flex raid iron juggernaut kill was 247k DPS but sadly i forgot to flask/pot and it's only flex so the comparison is weak (pretty sure we lusted at a retarded time)

i'm pretty afraid i just got lucky in those flex raids and that the law of averages will pull my dps down further, but for the time being, it seems the rumors of demo's demise are greatly exaggerated. it's still a competitive spec but it won't be miles ahead of everyone else.

i will continue running flex raids and LFRs until my guild's run tonight to keep getting a feel for it. i think i will run demo/aff for the guild raid, with itemization for affliction.
    Last edited by mediocregatsby; 2013-09-24 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    thing is, blizz could have made a more elegant solution tho. all they really had to do to make the trinket trivial was to change the mechanic for generating wild imps. they could have just have changed doom so that it had a base 25% on tick to summon a wild and then have that scale with mastery, so with 36% mastery would increase your chance to summon a wild imp by an additional 18%, so you would have 43% on tick to summon a wild imp. it would have made uvls a lot less important and it would give you a fixed rate of imps that wouldnt be as great as current but a lot more controllable instead they go overboard, not only nerfing uvls which would have been enough on its own, but they also further nerf imp dmg, really makes me think that blizz have no clue about demolocks. im certainly expecting demo to get a few buffs in one of the next hotfixes.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    I'm not a demo player, but I still think that UVLS remains BiS. Just think about it, if you were able to keep 100% crit dooms for almost the entire fight until today, with 40% nerf you'd probably have 100% crit dooms for around half of the fight. Which is still a lot, considering that those extra imps will still give you extra fury, dmg and Molten Core procs, and Doom by itself does a good chunk of dmg, so having it crit is nice dps. Not to mention multi target fights where u can put three 100% crit dooms up if you're quick.

So, to answer the name of the thread: I don't think so.
    You're a little behind. We were able to have 100% crit dooms up last tier before they removed the Everlasting Affliction glyph. As well as H UVLS proc'd before the nerf, I wasn't able to maintain anywhere close to 100% crit dooms in 5.4. Now that it's a 40% nerf on top of that, it becomes unusable. We were already fully aware that close to 100% uptime was not required to maintain adequate fury and imps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Thank you for starting with that part before putting in that 'analysis'.
    Pls give some counter arguments. The community was wrong by whining about UVLS being shit in 5.4 as well, so that's not a valid argument about this nerf either. And think about the other options too. Bindings is one, but the other? Kardris doesn't affect pets, so you're better off passing it to other classes and the aoe one is very situational. That leaves you with normal version of Black Blood, which is okish I suppose, but the proc does nothing extraordinary for demo (unless refreshing doom at 10 stacks I guess). So at least until you get a good replacement, UVLS will still be better imo. And in council fights, the damage you get over a whole minute - minute and a half and the extra resources is still gonna be nuts. Again, I'm no demo player, but at least I brought up some arguments in my previous post, so please do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leaderavia View Post
    You're a little behind. We were able to have 100% crit dooms up last tier before they removed the Everlasting Affliction glyph. As well as H UVLS proc'd before the nerf, I wasn't able to maintain anywhere close to 100% crit dooms in 5.4. Now that it's a 40% nerf on top of that, it becomes unusable. We were already fully aware that close to 100% uptime was not required to maintain adequate fury and imps.
    Well my full-time demo guildies said that they could keep doom up with 100% crit the whole fight pretty much every try, in 5.4. Talking about 549 UVLS ofc. The 40% nerf shouldn't even bring it to half, but to 60% of yesterday's uptime.

Well my full-time demo guildies said that they could keep doom up with 100% crit the whole fight pretty much every try, in 5.4. Talking about 549 UVLS ofc. The 40% nerf shouldn't even bring it to half, but to 60% of yesterday's uptime.
    Getting a whole fight with 100% uptime on UVLS-buffed doom is a rarity to say the least, even with a 549 version of the trinket. As I wrote in another thread, I regularly see between 60 and 80% uptime, 80% being pushing it a bit. Sometimes also lower than 60%. In reality, I can imagine us seeing around ~40% uptime on crit-buffed doom post-nerf.

Long story short, any other trinket is going to be better for anything but the first 1,5 minutes of a fight. (Since it's still guaranteed procc in pull)
    Demo in general is going to lagg behind, as it wasn't particularly viable to begin with.

Off topic a little bit but since its active and i take it many viewers from demo warlocks i´ve seen a few removing the wild imp major glyph to try face these nerfs and try the specc anyways.

Anyone done any calcs / math around this ?

Deleted
    Ah well time to get 2 affli specs I guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosy View Post
    Off topic a little bit but since its active and i take it many viewers from demo warlocks i´ve seen a few removing the wild imp major glyph to try face these nerfs and try the specc anyways.

Fairly sure the imp glyph hasn't been a real dps increase since it was nerfed a bit when 5.4 was released, it was an optional glyph that gave you more controlled burst, but it was very optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosy View Post

Check the demonology thread, first post:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

Zinnin has some thought and math behind taking/not taking the glyph as of 5.4 there.

Im rocking a 530 UVLS did a dungeon and 8 minute dummy test and between both which were done on top of eachother, UVLS procced once. Also to note, I'm using 2 peice t16 and 2 pc 15 and the opening is really tight now. Before I could cast 4x guaranteed Soulfire at start but I risk pushing myself out of demo form by my 3rd SF

The imp glyph has been an increase all of 5.3 as long as you used it with darksoul. Sure you could game it beyond that but even just that one step made it a gain. Now in 5.4 its still a gain IF you could get some luck on a legendary meta proc not long after it comes off cooldown. By gaming the reduced CD of a snapshotted temporary haste buff you could get more imps than unglyph'd but it took a bit of luck. With the nerf I'd probably skip the glyph just for consistency sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    The imp glyph has been an increase all of 5.3 as long as you used it with darksoul. Sure you could game it beyond that but even just that one step made it a gain. Now in 5.4 its still a gain IF you could get some luck on a legendary meta proc not long after it comes off cooldown. By gaming the reduced CD of a snapshotted temporary haste buff you could get more imps than unglyph'd but it took a bit of luck. With the nerf I'd probably skip the glyph just for consistency sake.
    I think the current biggest factor for whether or not I would take it at this point is whether or not I still have 2 piece T15. Once I break that, I'll drop the glyph.