Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If no group finder tool is added, will the community make their own?

If Blizzard plans to not add a group finder tool (not an automatic queue, but similar to the one in game where we look for groups and sign up, and then you have to run to the instance portal or be summoned) to the classic wow experience, do you think the community will form one of their own?

Maybe through addons or third party websites? Even in this day and age, efficiency is key to many people, and I can only imagine that people will join or start some sort of website or addon that will allow them to find groups without having to spam /2 all day.

Would you be open to an official group finder tool that is optional to use (can toggle on or off) in Classic WoW?

There is a LFG addon for vanilla, it s called VQueue. Used it on nost/lh

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes but not everyone will use it like now.
    Won’t be nearly as toxic (can’t join norm w/o mythic achieve).
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Dont worry. Current addons probably have full factionallity plus ppl will make a fuck ton more for everything u can imagine.

Things like that should be disallowed to preserve the classic feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Would you be open to an official group finder tool that is optional to use (can toggle on or off) in Classic WoW?
    Why are there posts like this every day? Ion has already very clearly said that if it wasn't in Vanilla, it won't be in Classic. Hypotheticals like this that are confirmed to never happen are a waste of bandwidth.
    Classic WoW Content Creator - Daily Streams and Bi-Weekly Videos!
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/staysafetv
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/staysafetv

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Ion Haziokostas and J Allen Brack have both gone on the record and outright said that LFG/Group finders will not be in Classic, If an addon is created for LFG then you can go download the addon don't force it on everyone else just because you're to lazy to bother with downloading a optional addon that is not in anyway mandatory.

Let addons remain addons if you can't live without questhelper for example then download it many of us would like to play without it and would not like to have a bunch of floating exclamation points and floating markers telling us how to play the game.
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2017-12-20 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If Blizzard plans to not add a group finder tool (not an automatic queue, but similar to the one in game where we look for groups and sign up, and then you have to run to the instance portal or be summoned) to the classic wow experience, do you think the community will form one of their own?

Maybe through addons or third party websites? Even in this day and age, efficiency is key to many people, and I can only imagine that people will join or start some sort of website or addon that will allow them to find groups without having to spam /2 all day.

The reason people don't like GF or RF are not for the group forming abilities... they are for the fact that they shrink the world by teleporting you to the instance, and because they destroy community by being crossrealm.

No addon can recreate that.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Lol, there are actually people that don't think people had stupid restrictions on shit in Vanilla

On-topic - Of course there will be group making Addons. People expecting the old Vanilla community are deluding themselves

Deleted
    /join worldchat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Lol, there are actually people that don't think people had stupid restrictions on shit in Vanilla

On-topic - Of course there will be group making Addons. People expecting the old Vanilla community are deluding themselves
    You would be suprised.

7+ Year Old Account
    I expect people wanting Classic will be just fine with or without a group finder tool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Things like that should be disallowed to preserve the classic feeling
    Most people i play with don't use stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll have group finder. it's called LFG Channel. If not that, then I'm pretty sure there will be community run discord servers/channels dedicated to Classic Servers.

/4 LFM UBRS Need someone with key and CC
    /w Leader I'm a hunter and I know how to kite Drak
    *Leader has invited you to the group*
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

There's a lot of missing the point going on in this thread. The ONLY reason people hate GF in retail is because it 1) Teleports you to the instance and back, and 2) Puts you in groups with people from other servers.

Even if modders make a GF addon, they cannot add those features. If it's just a convenience interface that broadcasts what instance your interested in while you go out and quests, there literally no harm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    We'll have group finder. it's called LFG Channel. If not that, then I'm pretty sure there will be community run discord servers/channels dedicated to Classic Servers.

/4 LFM UBRS Need someone with key and CC
    /w Leader I'm a hunter and I know how to kite Drak
    *Leader has invited you to the group*
    I think the bolded cannot be over stated enough. From Wrath up through WoD the vast majority of communication I had with others was via some VOIP program. Can't count the number of times, after having left a pug, I noticed that someone in the pug had sent me messages in game... whoops! I would think to myself - People still text msg each other in game? Who knew!

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    /join worldchat

This. Many use Discord these days too. No need for anything to be added to the game which wasn't originally there.

Edit: Slow reflexes :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Of OpenRaid was smart, they'd add classic dungeon Functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Of OpenRaid was smart, they'd add classic dungeon Functionality.
    If they still exist, I'm sure they will. Always had great experiences with that community.

Of course they will Jay.

If the API allows for an addon like that to work then it will happen. Simple as that. All Blizzard can do is break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Just watch, people will still make insane requirements lol. Just watch, they'll summon you and say "oh you don't have thunderfury?" and they'll kick.