Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    That is why I don't care about Vanilla. Wrath/Cata was the best. Not like Legion and not crappy like Vanilla either. Just a very balanced and nice MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhamz View Post
    That is why I don't care about Vanilla. Wrath/Cata was the best. Not like Legion and not crappy like Vanilla either. Just a very balanced and nice MMO.
    It is definitely your opinion to think that cata was the best.. but by god are you in the 1% who think that expansion was any good for warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    It is definitely your opinion to think that cata was the best.. but by god are you in the 1% who think that expansion was any good for warcraft.
    Doubt it. I remember watching totalbiscuit showing Worgen starting zone footage (2,6 million views now) and I vividly remember how stoked everyone was. Worgen quests were awesome level 1-20 was the most fun I ever had compared to mid-late vanilla and TBC. On Cataclysm I made max level on a crappy laptop even. Gaining exp through battlegrounds was very fun. And it still felt like a MMO.

Vanilla on steroids (changes) is interesting. But we already know how the autist Vanilla players think about this. Class balance and faster leveling are needed. Vanilla is way too roleplay for me. That shit is gayer than male on male butt love.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    The release leveling time everyone seems to remember doesn't match at all with my memories. For me it was like 3-5 days /played without special exploits or cheesing, and much smoother/quicker than most other mmorpgs at the time. Then of course a lot of people took 10-15-20 days /played but these were noobies days, most had no clue what they were doing, this will not be the case on classic servers.
    4days20hours is a record so put your stupid claims somewhere else.
    Last edited by mmoc5dbd52a5f1; 2017-12-23 at 12:30 AM.

Deleted
    Cataclysm: Ok this feels like a game. *click click

Vanilla: Travel 3300 miles up north on foot and rub duke Bards penis for 30 xp.

*sigh

Guess no more wow for me ever. Fuck blizzard. Right up the rear. Bunch of shysters, who is going to wait 1,5/2 years for Classic regardless? They should have done this years ago. And why pay 15 a month if you can choose a private server with some friends and play there? Or try retrowow with the short cuts. Lol. So stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I think that people know very well what they want when it comes to WoW Vanilla.

The following are one-month-old stats from a new Vanilla progressive-type server that started from patch 1.2 "Mysteries of Maraudon".

In the space of just one month we got 250,000 players. So yeah, I'd say people know what they want and love it.

In the meantime, the folks at Blizzard are fap... errr sleeping and losing money every hour. The clock is ticking, Blizzard.
    You didn't get 250k players, there were 250k characters.
    There were 150k accounts, then you factor out the chinese which is a large portion, where are all these 250k players again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That's so wrong it hurts.

Reaching level 60 on vanilla at release (not talking about legacy realms) took an average of 20d played on your first char, with following chars taking around 12-15d played. Even with full knowledge of the game today, it would NEVER take close to 24 hours, simply because of how the game was designed. Just the walking around part would make that impossible.

The World first dude took around 10-11 days (real time) to reach level 60. Release was November 23 and he reached 60 on the 3rd or 4th of December... with massive hours played per day, there were even suspicions that they had account sharing since it was claimed it was on 24/7 for the entire 2 weeks (close to it). Dude was named Xenif, a Troll Rogue on Stormreaver server if you're curious.

What's your source for 24 hours played for max level? Your ass?
    4days and 20hours is record time as stated. People who claim 24hours have no clue what they are talking about. Proof me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GGrim View Post
    Don't get me wrong guys, I'm all up for changes, and throwbacks, and stuff like that. And just like all of you I can't wait to log in the new "old servers" and be reminded how it was back then. But even I don't know for sure if I want to go through that again. I'm afraid that I will log for a few days, maybe a couple of weeks, and then just quit. And I am afraid it will be the same with many other players as well.

Everybody is talking about what we miss from Vanilla, and what was most fun in Vanilla, but I rarely see people discussing the negative things, and if we will be able to endure them as they were back then. Sure, I also have a lot of awesome memmories and things I miss from Vanilla, but there are also plenty of things I don't miss. Please allow me to remind you of a few:

1. Leveing to max (lvl60) back in Vanilla took approximately 2 months of active play.
    2. Quests did not have any kind of indications on map, minimap, sidebar, whatsoever. You actually had to read the log so you could find out where you have to go, and what you have to do. And even after doing so, you would find out the text is full with riddles and references. Some of these were actually quite hard for me since English is not my mother language.
    3. You get your first mount at level 40, at which point you don't really have the gold to afford it. Those mounts had 40% speed. After you hit 60 you had to farm for days so you could afford the 100% mount. The maximum amount of travel speed you could obtain was 120% through trinket and enchant which would increase your grount mount speed additionally. And last but not least, there were no flying mounts.
    4. There were no group finders. You had to spam trade chats in capital cities - sometimes for hours if you play dps class. Then you find out your group consists of a bunch of undergeared people since you wipe 10 times at the 1st boss in BRD.
    5. Spell-rank sifting. Spell-ranks were not united as they are now. In order to effectively use your mana pool you had to put a few ranks from the majority of your spells on your bars and activelly decide which one you need at any given moment.
    6. Raid preparation included more consumables other than your regular flask, food and pot. There were stuff like mana runes, weapon oils, weapon grinders, etc. There were no food tables or flask cauldrons. Farming all that took a lot of time. I remember spending 2 hours before raid every single day, only to farm the mats for flasks and food, the special consumables and warlock shards.

I won't be making the list too long, but these are only a few, probably out of hundreds of things that were quite uncomfortable back in the day. It makes me wonder how much will the nowday WoW player (myself included) last in that environment.

What do you guys think?
    "2 months of active play."
    sorta, if you played 3-4 hours a day yes, but most people will 12 hour it for a week and hit 60 in 2 weeks or so.
    "Quests did not have any kind of indications on map, minimap, sidebar, whatsoever. You actually had to read the log so you could find out where you have to go, and what you have to do. And even after doing so, you would find out the text is full with riddles and references. Some of these were actually quite hard for me since English is not my mother language."
    No, quests did not, why people mostly just killed shit, or used an addon once they were added.
    That or thottbott, that too.
    "You get your first mount at level 40, at which point you don't really have the gold to afford it. Those mounts had 40% speed. After you hit 60 you had to farm for days so you could afford the 100% mount. The maximum amount of travel speed you could obtain was 120% through trinket and enchant which would increase your grount mount speed additionally. And last but not least, there were no flying mounts."
    eh unless you were spending gold like crazy, most were close to beng able to afford their level 40 mount, warlocks and paladins get theirs for free also! also no, they had 60% idk where the fuck you got the 40% nonsence... and yeah no one thinsk there was flying mounts in vanilla
    "here were no group finders. You had to spam trade chats in capital cities - sometimes for hours if you play dps class. Then you find out your group consists of a bunch of undergeared people since you wipe 10 times at the 1st boss in BRD."
    incorrect, there was a group finder, trade chat yes, but the meeting stones, they actuallty were a group finder, only for the dungeon you clicked on the stone for, but yes, they were a LFG bassicly, but you still had to walk to the dungeon to click the stone, then walk to the dungeon once a group formed...
    ranks yeah that was a thing but whatever, it is not that big of a deal breaker.
    "Raid preparation included more consumables other than your regular flask, food and pot. There were stuff like mana runes, weapon oils, weapon grinders, etc. There were no food tables or flask cauldrons. Farming all that took a lot of time. I remember spending 2 hours before raid every single day, only to farm the mats for flasks and food, the special consumables and warlock shards."
    Now adays you dont need em, people are good enough to make up for the minor stats they give, yes they are nice, but not required. Also they are not that hard to make. but yeah soulshards were pretty shit... But hey i do miss the days of 5 warlocks running around drain souling everything together and talking shit about other raiders who arnt warlocks who "ask for healthstone after every pull" or "ask for summon every single raid"

Deleted
    What the hell were they smoking when they made Vanilla anyway?: "You know what Frank?..lets make a game for autists that love repetitive gameplay, since that is their nature" Make it something like second life..but with cartoony graphics and orcs.

Yeah...I rather not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Haha, funny joke!

Shit taking a long-ass time does not a modern Hardcore player make. For reference, see W1st racers and how they play.
    - - - Updated - - -

The record I've seen was 4 days 23 hours or something /played.
    4days20hours. 4th time I post this. So people get your necks out of your asses for claiming 24hours etc.

Doubt it. I remember watching totalbiscuit showing Worgen starting zone footage (2,6 million views now) and I vividly remember how stoked everyone was. Worgen quests were awesome level 1-20 was the most fun I ever had compared to mid-late vanilla and TBC. On Cataclysm I made max level on a crappy laptop even. Gaining exp through battlegrounds was very fun. And it still felt like a MMO.

Vanilla on steroids (changes) is interesting. But we already know how the autist Vanilla players think about this. Class balance and faster leveling are needed. Vanilla is way too roleplay for me. That shit is gayer than male on male butt love.
    Again.. your opinion. but 1 cool starting zone isnt enough to say that cataclysm was the best thing in warcraft.

cataclysm was death the of community, of the multiplayer aspect of the game. ever since cataclysm you could play warcraft without ever needing to talk to anyone ever. You could level, dungeon, raid. all just by clicking a button.

while this doesnt mean the game isnt fun. it means its not a MMO anymore. vanilla IS an MMO. you cannot do much in vanilla without communication, without fostering relationships. unless your motive is to just level to 60 solo then farm herbs sure you can do that by yourself. but doing any sort of meaningful content in vanilla/BC required communication which bolstered the community. this is something that people really want. the slow leveling which meant people had to invest in their characters and actually learn how to play them just allowed people to be more attached to their characters.

you want a game that is fast paced, devoid of communication, and can be completely done on your own personal time. this is the current wow.

but people who want classic don't want this.. sooooooo. deal with it. your opinion of a "good" game isnt the definition of a good game.. the word "good" and its meaning changes from person to person. understand this.

Deleted
    What the hell were they smoking when they made Vanilla anyway?: "You know what Frank?..lets make a game for autists that love repetitive gameplay, since that is their nature" Make it something like second life..but with cartoony graphics and orcs.

Yeah...I rather not.
    How old are you? Back then that was standard for rpg's.
    But you wouldn't know that, would you?
    Frank diddent smoke shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    Again.. your opinion. but 1 cool starting zone isnt enough to say that cataclysm was the best thing in warcraft.

cataclysm was death the of community, of the multiplayer aspect of the game. ever since cataclysm you could play warcraft without ever needing to talk to anyone ever. You could level, dungeon, raid. all just by clicking a button.

while this doesnt mean the game isnt fun. it means its not a MMO anymore. vanilla IS an MMO. you cannot do much in vanilla without communication, without fostering relationships. unless your motive is to just level to 60 solo then farm herbs sure you can do that by yourself. but doing any sort of meaningful content in vanilla/BC required communication which bolstered the community. this is something that people really want. the slow leveling which meant people had to invest in their characters and actually learn how to play them just allowed people to be more attached to their characters.

you want a game that is fast paced, devoid of communication, and can be completely done on your own personal time. this is the current wow.

but people who want classic don't want this.. sooooooo. deal with it. your opinion of a "good" game isnt the definition of a good game.. the word "good" and its meaning changes from person to person. understand this.
    Cataclysm was a nice balance yes, that is my opinion. Legion looks like a Diablo/League of legends button smash game. I get nauseas just looking at it. Wow is dead to me. But yeah december of 2010 was the shits, christmas, banging this Polish chick and playing Cataclysm. Hnng.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    How old are you? Back then that was standard for rpg's.
    But you wouldn't know that, would you?
    Frank diddent smoke shit.
    Frank knew targetting autistic people is the money maker. Big market right there. I actually knew two people with autism that overlooked the flaws and just played. Not me though. Even in TBC I didn't get past level 33. It burned my balls.

Deleted
    Cataclysm was a nice balance yes, that is my opinion. Legion looks like a Diablo/League of legends button smash game. I get nauseas just looking at it. Wow is dead to me. But yeah december of 2010 was the shits, christmas, banging this Polish chick and playing Cataclysm. Hnng.

- - - Updated - - -

Frank knew targetting autistic people is the money maker. Big market right there. I actually knew two people with autism that overlooked the flaws and just played. Not me though. Even in TBC I didn't get past level 33. It burned my balls.
    It's not for everyone and surely not by today's standards. But that for all most any rpg in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    It's not for everyone and surely not by today's standards. But that for all most any rpg in general.
    No human should flush 12 hours of his day down the toilet for 2 weeks to reach max level. And that is a big maybe.

Even the ranking system and honor grinding made people burn out. Is this a game or self torture? Frank should be smacked for even suggesting such thing.

Yes, I know exactly what I'm getting in for as I played vanilla and the private servers that came out down the line. Why do these threads get created if for no other reason than to dissuade people from playing classic?

Deleted
    No human should flush 12 hours of his day down the toilet for 2 weeks to reach max level. And that is a big maybe.

Even the ranking system and honor grinding made people burn out. Is this a game or self torture? Frank should be smacked for even suggesting such thing.
    Levelling was part of the experience. While it is obviously not what you enjoy, it is still true. If you are planning to play classic with every freaking qol change added, you can be sure faster lvling wont be one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    Yes, I know exactly what I'm getting in for as I played vanilla and the private servers that came out down the line. Why do these threads get created if for no other reason than to dissuade people from playing classic?
    The thing is, people are asking for tons of different things based on tons of personal opinions. We can't even be sure what this thread suggests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    are you saying that you don't know every quest by heart?
    Hi, I'm a altoholic so yes. Above 95%.

this is where you dont understand something.

for vanilla. leveling was a huge part of the game.. it was supposed to take a long time. you were supposed to level in the zones and experience the stories in those zones. you were supposed to become familiar with factions and what they stood for before you hit 60. this was all apart of the game play. if going to 60 as fast as possible so you just do MC is your only goal then yes you won't enjoy vanilla very much. and as far as the PvP thing you mentioned. do you really believe everyone is entitled to the same amazing PvP gear?? some of the PvP gear was BiS after naxx/AQ40 gear.. it was and should not be intended to be handed it. it was something to be earned.

now while I do personally think the PvP system should be changed very very slightly to promote skill over time investment. I still believe it is not something that everyone should be entitled to get.

Quote Originally Posted by GGrim View Post
    GGrim posted a bunch of stuff we've begging for since forever ago.
    Yea, we know what we're askinf for and we can't wait.

wrath was balanced? lmao Death Knights and paladins season 1, Melee at the end until new talents.

Cata was balanced? dude. Cata was commonly called "Casterclysm" because how ranged favorable it was.

- - - Updated - - -

here is the problem. you are operating under the assumption that the game began at level 60. this couldn't be further from the truth. Vanilla is not like wow today. the journey was just as important as the destination.