Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    If ur bitching so much over these addons and how they ruin everything, why not join a fucking guild and do stuff with them, and u wont have to deal with pugs.

Some ppl in this thread makes me sick.

and yes, ppl will make their own LFG addons.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The problem is people are required to download it as a third party addon, which greatly hampers is effectiveness. If Blizzard wanted to get rid of an LFG addon, they'd just have to periodically alter their LUA interface in a way that forces the addon maker to relesae a new version on a regular basis. Not enough people will keep it updated to make it work. There will be a large and vast percentage of the playerbase without the addon.

When blizzard actually builds LFG into the game they have did in retail, then everyone has it which ruins the community.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If Blizzard plans to not add a group finder tool (not an automatic queue, but similar to the one in game where we look for groups and sign up, and then you have to run to the instance portal or be summoned) to the classic wow experience, do you think the community will form one of their own?

Maybe through addons or third party websites? Even in this day and age, efficiency is key to many people, and I can only imagine that people will join or start some sort of website or addon that will allow them to find groups without having to spam /2 all day.

Would you be open to an official group finder tool that is optional to use (can toggle on or off) in Classic WoW?
    I hope they just find a way to not allow any addons to exist on these classic servers, everyone wanted vanilla so they can have it. Good, bad, and ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If ur bitching so much over these addons and how they ruin everything, why not join a fucking guild and do stuff with them, and u wont have to deal with pugs.

Some ppl in this thread makes me sick.

and yes, ppl will make their own LFG addons.
    What makes World of Warcraft have meaning is the community. Clearing dungeons and raids, chasing world and realm firsts, gearing up, getting achievements, these only have meaning if you exist in a society that cares. Automatic queues destroy the community and damage the game. It is unfortunate it must be this way because I don't feel ill will against players who want that playstyle, but for the health of the game, an in game community must be built.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Modern day group finder tools are necessary because LFG/Trade channels can't advertise cross realms. The only reason why these tools work is due to cross realm technology.

If classic doesn't use cross server technology (which I doubt it will), then a LFG tool will be unnecessary. We will use public chat channels to LFM.
    Last edited by ablib; 2017-12-24 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Yes but not everyone will use it like now.
    Won’t be nearly as toxic (can’t join norm w/o mythic achieve).
    You are kidding yourself.

You will have the same type of people expecting the same type of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, instead it will be "can't join a raid because raid leader wants perdition blade"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Nobody asks for 980 il for antorus, gotta love people who think the community is that outrageous, at most I normally see 945 for normal antorus and mainly because people just want it to be fast and not waste time. It isn't a trust thing, nobody likes having to carry dead weight, that's kind of the bottom line.
    and it ends up being 4 hours wipefest anyways. So... yeah. Last normal i've cleared with 920+ people and it took as much time as it took with "950+ alt fast run" guys

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    You are kidding yourself.

You will have the same type of people expecting the same type of thing.
    LFM WC NO LEATHER

signed Druid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    There's a lot of missing the point going on in this thread. The ONLY reason people hate GF in retail is because it 1) Teleports you to the instance and back, and 2) Puts you in groups with people from other servers.
    Your point 1 exist only for people who either level or play at... really REALLY casual level and point 2 is just irrelevant, because people from other servers are people too, and it allows you to play with friends and guilds from other servers on your main, which is great
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I've played since nost-lights hope, and started in BC, and I am a super vanilla enthusiast. But even I think a good group finder tool would be fine, like you said someone is gonna make it, and they already do have one, it's called call 2 arms I believe, I tried to use it before and it's juss not that good cuz most people juss use the LF 2 DPS UBRS way to go about it, besides people's unreasonable expectations about this "vanilla" experience people keep saying they want, but they don't want a TRUELY vanilla experience because it can never be that, or it will never be that, this is the only time I've ever responded to one of these threads but vanilla was vanilla because of the mystery and word of mouth and that kinda thing, having a group finder tool is not gonna turn vanilla to chocolate. But on the other hand, this is a slippery slope, because if they allow group finder what else r they gonna add and who decides what they are gonna add?? I think the best thing blizzard could do is just let the community make a good group finder addon, because the best argument I have seen is "players who don't have it will be at a serious disadvantage". BRO, players who don't use boss mods are at a disadvantage, players who don't use WA are at a disadvantage. Who gives a shit, if they want a advantage they better get the addon.

- - - Updated - - -

And for the people saying people are toxic in legions group finder because they want AOTC and high item level, VANILLA WILL BE WAY WORSE, I promise you, especially later on in vanillas life.

- - - Updated - - -

Last thing I want to address. VANILLA PEOPLE HATE GROUP FINDER BECAUSE OF CROSS RELM. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Staysafe View Post
    Why are there posts like this every day? Ion has already very clearly said that if it wasn't in Vanilla, it won't be in Classic. Hypotheticals like this that are confirmed to never happen are a waste of bandwidth.
    Where are you getting this information, last I checked "WoW Classic is in its infancy and we're very closely following player input and feedback to determine what changes, if any, are being made" was essentially the official stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

the 1 and only change i want is to be able to summon from summoning stones . the meeting stones i mean. any other changes to the way vanilla was are not true vanilla and should not be implemented. but yes it would be better left to the addon making community to make a lfg addon. keep the blood off blizzards hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    and it ends up being 4 hours wipefest anyways. So... yeah. Last normal i've cleared with 920+ people and it took as much time as it took with "950+ alt fast run" guys
    There's a lesser chance of a wipefest happening with higher geared players. One or two geared players that know what they're doing can easily carry a 15 man man group. When you have 15 people of all 945+ for normal, the odds are slim that they're all idiots. When you have a group of 15 people at 910 it's a pain in the ass regardless of if everyone is skilled or not because it's a huge time investment and most people don't want to dedicate 4 hours to clear normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Where are you getting this information, last I checked "WoW Classic is in its infancy and we're very closely following player input and feedback to determine what changes, if any, are being made" was essentially the official stance.
    Exactly this, not to mention that Ion has said that he has absolutely nothing to do with Classic, so he wouldn't know anything of what a separate team is doing, specifically the Classic team. That would be like Ion stepping on the feet or either Papa Jeff or Ben Brode telling people how hearthstone is gonna play out or what changes are coming to Overwatch in 3 months.

Why are there posts like this every day? Ion has already very clearly said that if it wasn't in Vanilla, it won't be in Classic. Hypotheticals like this that are confirmed to never happen are a waste of bandwidth.
    I have carefully re-read the opening post and have found no questions asking what Ion said or what was in Vanilla. The post asked what you think; if you are incapable of that and must parrot "was not in Vanilla", I pity you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    How? The functions that the API exposes which such addons use are very basic ones. Addons like threat meters and dps meters would be broken in the process.
    If the devs are motivated to breaking an addon they will always find a way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There's a lesser chance of a wipefest happening with higher geared players. One or two geared players that know what they're doing can easily carry a 15 man man group. When you have 15 people of all 945+ for normal, the odds are slim that they're all idiots. When you have a group of 15 people at 910 it's a pain in the ass regardless of if everyone is skilled or not because it's a huge time investment and most people don't want to dedicate 4 hours to clear normal.
    That's true for, maybe, first 3 bosses. But when a "950+ link AotC fast run" shaman raid leader leaps through 3 tripwires not realizing how wow mechanics fucking work and wipes the raid, then kicks 3 "low dps" guys - it's just a disaster. Someone having good gear is not an indication of skill or knowledge. The odds of people being idiots are fucking same at all levels.
    Maybe later in the expansion when these people will get their fair share of 100 attempts per boss it will be easier, but not now and it will still be true for literally any other players, regardless of his gear.

My point is that the only indication of skill is how much time the player (not the character) have spent in relevant PvE content, and there is literally no way to figure it out using LFG or addons.

And the only normal run i've experienced that took less that 4 hours was the one with a group without a ilvl requirement or achievement linking. Because it was a 10 man guildmembers who just needed to fill their raid with DPS and one tank - everything went smooth as fuck. Pugs are literally gambling when you alone look for a raid
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

please with how eliist the classic community will be, youll never raid, just enjoy your dailys!

What I love about vQueue is that even if others don't use it, it will look for LFG/LFM messages in chat, basically making them involuntarily part of it.

Though you still have to whisper the person, so I don't really see that much of a difference than looking through the chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    What I love about vQueue is that even if others don't use it, it will look for LFG/LFM messages in chat, basically making them involuntarily part of it.

Though you still have to whisper the person, so I don't really see that much of a difference than looking through the chat.
    ...or how its different from retail lfg, where you still have a list of people who opted into something they want and you still sometimes have to discuss terms.

Why do you need to whisper someone who spams "rogue LFG mara" and you see him pop up on the list for mara? Just to clarify your intention? That you are not a random dude that wants a party to enter some dungeon for farm?

why ? because we are not living in 2004 - those addons are already out there ready and working .

so trying to deny that people will use it makes both Ion and anyone claiming that they wont make into game look like people who belive that earth is flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Totally agree, I seriously hope they don't add it. And people saying they use a similar add-on on Private, good for you but most don't.

- - - Updated - - -

You do it without, send me a postcard from the graveyard. You needed it! Bad example.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt that, could be wrong. But I still seriously doubt that.
    +not everyone is ranged.
    I only said ranged because that was his claim, and no there was no fight where you absolutely needed an uber high FR to do, like I said ,my guild ran with FR aura in MC for most everyone, and on Rag, the tanks may have used some gear, and we all would use pots if we really needed.

Resist fights came later, in BWL(?), AQ and Naxx, some NR could help with the serpent guy in ZG i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I have carefully re-read the opening post and have found no questions asking what Ion said or what was in Vanilla. The post asked what you think; if you are incapable of that and must parrot "was not in Vanilla", I pity you.
    They said it in a video.