Just for a break in topic its nice watching Spurs play again, we seem to be controlling games the way we should and starting to look glorious again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Just for a break in topic its nice watching Spurs play again, we seem to be controlling games the way we should and starting to look glorious again.
    Yeah, Spurs looking decent, except for Bale's horrid attempt at a dive. Him and Suarez deserve a suspension frankly, it's bloody ridiculous.

One could argue he was anticipating Guzan going for a right kick before pulling out and therefore he moved his legs and fell to the floor, but to be honest, if someone is going to try kick the ball and you think he's going to make contact with you, you'd try jumping over it, not flopping your legs to the right and falling to the floor like a right plonker. To me this is an obvious dive (maybe not as obvious as that of Suarez, I mean it's harder to be any more obvious than that), even if he didn't try and claim a foul or anything, it deserves punishment.

Edit: Gifs are fine, but please refrain from linking to sites that break copyright law. Thanks
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-10-08 at 01:30 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Yeah, Spurs looking decent, except for Bale's horrid attempt at a dive. Him and Suarez deserve a suspension frankly, it's bloody ridiculous.

One could argue he was anticipating Guzan going for a right kick before pulling out and therefore he moved his legs and fell to the floor, but to be honest, if someone is going to try kick the ball and you think he's going to make contact with you, you'd try jumping over it, not flopping your legs to the right and falling to the floor like a right plonker. To me this is an obvious dive (maybe not as obvious as that of Suarez, I mean it's harder to be any more obvious than that), even if he didn't try and claim a foul or anything, it deserves punishment.
    Hasn't bale since he came back from injury just been a diving bastard though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

He says he tries to avoid challenges more because he doesnt wanna get injured again. That one does look ridiculous though.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Bale's defence, it's a terrible place to get a free kick and gives very little advantage, and he's going at quite the speed that he takes his own legs from under himself and goes skidding.

However it does look absolutely stupid and he could probably just jump, would also help if he turned to the ref and waved his hand to say "I avoided that."
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I can understand trying to avoid injury, and as I posted I can semi understand him moving his legs away at the anticipation Guzan was going to carry through with the kick which would have hit and probably injured him, but as has been said, wouldn't jumping be more of a logical reaction to something like that than letting your legs go floppy to the right and collapsing to the ground? Really looks to me he intentionally wanted to fall. Either way I've kinda changed my mind a bit that it's comparable to Suarez's dive, as you can see Bale was trying to avoid getting kicked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    It's in the FA report regarding the Suarez case, he denied it, they didn't believe him.
    Exactly, How do you know, the FA report states clearly there was no evidence that Saurez used the word at all never mind 5 times. If you think he did say it 5 times then you clearly are admitting to believing what a man has said. So I ask you again. How do you know? Evra said that he didnt tell the referee during the game as he couldnt bring himself to utter the word in question as it was so distasteful, yet videos of him screaming it out his hotel room referencing Jimmy Flloyd Hasselbank went viral straight after. The guy is a liar. So we have one mans word against another, regardless of whether the FA think on the balance of probability (which is the phrase they used) that saurez did say it 5 times, I ask you one last time, How can you know?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    didn't we discuss this suarez ban in the last thread and Evra being a lier came up then aswell but it also came up evidence that Evra wasn't actually the one who took up the other cases it was other people but not Evra.

also, didn't Suarez admit to using the word Negro against Evra.

Deleted
    Yes Saurez did admit to using the word "negro" against Evra and my argument is not against the FA's decision to interpret that as racial abuse, they found it to be racial abuse and banned him for 8 games. Fair enough, case closed. My arguement is firmly with the fact that John Terry was banned for 4 games for racially abusing Anton Ferdinand. Why did they get different punishments.

Someone said it was because saurez said it multiple times, so i asked them the question how do you know. They replies with "because the report said so" The FA had no proof he had even said it once, other than saurez admitting it, so how could they judge him to have said it 5 times!!! which could be the only possible reason the ban was so different for both players. But that calls into question the credibility of the FA. How can they assume something as important as that. They said it was based on the balance of porbability that saurez did say it more than once. How the heck can you justify ruining a players reputation and season based on a balance of probability. especially when the accuser is a proven liar. See my previous post about the video in which he yelled the word (he said he didnt even want to say to the ref as it was too distasteful) at the top of his lungs referencing a fellow black footballer.

The ban for terry and Saurez should have been equal.

I'm getting ever so slightly sick of the argument, Suarez's was downright racism, aint no two ways about that, what he said was intended in the manner it was taken. What Terry said was racist in it's nature however not as it was intended, should he have said it, no, but he did, however the number of Liverpool fans who bitch about the whole thing is fucking rediculous. Also the "Evra's a liar" crap wears real thin real quick too, to me if that was Maurice Edu who'd made those claims and it was proven the Liverpool fans would not be so quick as to jump on him as a liar, because Evra happens to play for United the man is satan incarnate - he was referred to as a negro as Suarez admitted to, there is NO excuse for that whatsoever. The difference is in the FA's perceived severity of the offense - which ultimately is the key factor in this, one as opposed to the FA's accepted multiple occasions, THERE'S your difference.

Seriously the way some people have went on about this the only reasonable punishment for Terry would be to take him onto the centre spot at Wembley & shoot him in the head with an AK47! I'm not condoning either action but it's beyond a joke that a fortnight later we're still talking about this shit.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joy, internationals weekend Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Joy, internationals weekend Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
    this is really my view aswell, playing the faraoe islands aren't really the most exciting but playing germany will be nice later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, my weekend will be spent

A: Hoping Cleverley can perform at international level.
    B: Hoping San Marino can score against England, even if they get mullered the fact they'd score is embarrassing enough for us.
    C: Keeping an eye on other fixtures and hoping to god certain people *cough, Van Persie, cough* don't get injured.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bloody World Cup Qualifiers... no Premier League action this weekend and Serbia dominating Belgium, Belgium are lucky to still be at 0-0 even if it's only 17 mins played so far :/ So much quality in the Belgian team but they just don't seem to be connecting.

Belgium reminds me a bit of Portugal. Loads of talent but no end product.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Belgium reminds me a bit of Portugal. Loads of talent but no end product.
    And somehow we're currently winning 2-0... 2 nice goals but Serbia have had about 20 more goal chances, they are just not finishing them accurately.

edit: heh 3-0, even though it was a clearly offside, not sure what the linesman was doing.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-12 at 08:23 PM.

Lets all laugh at Scotland, fucking dire - good, serves them right!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Well...at least you aren't Ireland

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair everyone expected Ireland to get rolled over.
    Last edited by Panquake; 2012-10-12 at 10:29 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    won a difficult 2-1 against the hard opponents faraoes islands, amazing display of skill especially since they took the lead >_>