Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Cmon people, put some effort and tell us why you don't like those raids. No one isn't interested in lists of names.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 - Dragon Soul. I liked the concept of the raid instance a lot, but having tons of boring trash kills off a raid instance when you raid it forever. Also DW fights weren´t intimidating in any way, nor were they epic in any way.
    2- Mogushan Vaults. Holy crap that place is boring. The interior is awesome looking, but most of the bosses are just not my cup of tea.
    3- Ruby Sanctum. Again the trash mobs killed the fun to the raid imo. The minibosses themselves were cool, but too much time consuming trash.

I don´t see the problem with ToC. Allright the scenery was a bit meh but we got to fight "like" gladiators and I loved that. Also, no trash ! yay

1) ToC
    2) AQ 20
    3) Ruby Sanctum

1.) ICC. Raid locks, Yawn. Farming for a year? double yawn!
    2.) DS. Too much trash. Kill trash for an hour, then poke the boss over in 10 minutes. Was too easy and too boring.
    3.) ToC. Just meh. it sucked. Was rushed pushed raid. wasn't worthy of even being called a raid.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2012-12-04 at 08:23 PM.

I think my least favorites will be:

Ulduar (Just didn't like the theme:/)
    Dragon Soul (Need I say?)
    Naxx 2.0 (Only cause it's a revamped raid and I used to raid it back in vanilla, so just wasn't new for me)

1) ToC
    2) DS
    3) Naxx 2.0

Naxx 2.0 was simply an insult, could've been awesome but compared to the lvl 60 version this was just.... Meh...

Way too easy.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

1) Anyone remember UBRS farming? all know Leeroy, but all forget trash mobs there Most boring vanila 10 man raid, cos you can reset that (anytime or 1 time per day - dont remember) and do, do , do again.
    2) SSC - too hard for alot ppl from vanila, who not raided alot in vanila. You find guild, you gear up in Karazhan for that with ~same ppl, you have fun, Grull and Magteridon goes good and then you meet them there and you feel so bad there, alot wipes, feeling that your gear is shit or someone from raid must be kicked cos allways die... Its like a wall. Alot guild disbanded cos progress there was not so fast...
    3) Sunwell - only for top guilds in big servers, rest farm ZA, do arenas and hate that they cant enter there and cant do nothing there... So boring time before Wotlk. Even if you join at that time guild who not cleared BT, you still have feeling like "damn this will take ages until we gear up for that".

Dragon Soul (boring, really pathetic effort considering it was the last big raid of the Xpack), Ruby Sanctum(nice little ad in right before cata, but good christ, the whole raid felt like the Olympics of pug killing), Revamped Naxx (no where near as hard as it should have been, and the first tier raid should not have just been a blatant rehash, even if most people didn't do it when it was content.

I actually liked ToC. The bosses were great, and Heroic Anub 25 was one of the hardest fights of the expansion. The champions fight was an awesome concept and worked out really well. The only real problem it had was that it was to small. Had it been released with another raid with 4-5 bosses in the same tier, it would be remembered much better today.

I can't figure why everybody is ranking DS. It was not a perfect raid but except for the "we don't design any new zone and just revamp old ones", I think the boss were quite entertaining. Too bad we spent 6 months on them and get sick of it.

1) Hyjal. I don't like The black morass, I don't like The violet hold, and definitely I don't like Hyjal. Caverns of Time was a great idea and there's really good things to do with it. But no more wave mechanics. Please.

2) Ulduar. Well, it actually is one of my favorite raid in the whole game. But still, I can't stand the whole Leviathan event. The fight against the Leviathan might be fun, but the whole event before is too long and boring like hell. I'm never happy to go to Ulduar with a clean id, as long as this event is not done I can't really enjoy the raid.

3) Malygos. I think I have a problem with vehicles mechanics too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    1. BWL
    2. BWL
    3. BWL

that raid is still annoying at 90.
    Sorry, isn't that a reason to like it? I love any old 60 content that can mess people up many levels later.

I was incredibly disappointed when they removed the chance to make the Onyxia scale cloak, thereby removing Nefarian's Shadow Flame tick. Even if that was back now, you'd have retarded high health pools. Extremely disappointing.

1. Onyxia: Level 80 (Rehashed; 0/5 stars)
    2. Dragon Soul (Felt like a used car; 1/5 stars)
    3. Firelands (Boring except for Ragnaros and a MC rehash in disguise; 2/5 stars)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    1. Onyxia: Level 80 (Rehashed; 0/5 stars)
    2. Dragon Soul (Felt like a used car; 1/5 stars)
    3. Firelands (Boring except for Ragnaros and a MC rehash in disguise; 2/5 stars)
    But the lvl 80 version of Onyxia was only implemented as part of celebrating WoW's 5th anniversary. They just made one of the most iconic bosses available at the current level for the fun of it. What's not to love?! :c
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

1. Dragon Soul, never have I felt such boredom in a raid...
    2. Ruby Sanctum
    3. Gruuls Lair

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Ruby Sanctum
    2. Pre-Nerf SSC
    3. Hyjal
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Sunwell
    2. ToC
    3. Firelands

Pretty much any tier that has had less than 8 bosses has been terrible imo. Dragon Soul comes in a close 4th, and Gruul doesn't really count because it kinda went along with Kara and segued into T5.

I know I'll get a lot of flak for putting Sunwell up there at #1, but a short raid that was only artificially long because you had to smash your face against the same boss fight for over 50-100 hours isn't fun. It's a chore. And yes, I killed M'uru and Kil'jaeden when it was relevant. It. Wasn't. Fun. The top guild on our server ended up imploding because of M'uru. They even recruited 5 rogues with glaive sets and still couldn't get it down.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2012-12-05 at 06:21 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    I can't figure why everybody is ranking DS. It was not a perfect raid but except for the "we don't design any new zone and just revamp old ones", I think the boss were quite entertaining. Too bad we spent 6 months on them and get sick of it.
    DS had a host of problems.

Recycled art and environments - 2 bosses were in maw pits from Highlands, 1 boss was outside dragonblight tower, 1 boss was on ICC boat, 1 boss was in EoE tower, and final fight happened at the maelstrom. On top of that there were very few new boss models or skins.

Lack of themed and meaningful trash - properly done and paced trash helps make a raid feel unified. ICC and Ulduar trash were both good examples of this. The trash also lends a good pace to progression and allows you to feel like you're working through a dungeon. DS lacked this - the best trash in the instance were the colored blobs that (theoretically) gave you insight into the bosses abilities, but even they were just crap in a circle. If they had removed the dragons and teleports and then provided thin trash packs you fought through on your way to the maws and then up the tower it would have been far better. The dragon trash before Ultra also felt useless as it wasn't skippable, always lasted about the same amount of time, and didn't give you any connection to the upcoming boss.

Over reliance on add style fights - the last three battles of the instance are add based. While add based fights can be a nice change of pace in a raid, making just shy of half the raid be add fights was anticlimatic and made three bosses feel much like glorified trash.

Disconnected and repetitive fights rather than multistaged fights for an expansion ending boss - Illidan had 5 stages with at least two of them being distinctly different from the others, The Lich King was 5 stages with 3 distinctive phases and 2 transition stages, Deathwing was spine (rinse and repeat 1 phase 3 times) and madness (rinse and repeat 1 stage 4 times followed by a burn phase with more adds). This means that both Deathwing fights combined had less stages than either previous expansion end boss and fewer stages than most dungeon end bosses from any of the expansions.

Poor difficulty balancing - LFR was a joke, everyone knew it would be a joke, but the fact that you could ignore all the mechanics was just sad and set an expectation for future LFRs that is detrimental to player development and to recruitment for guilds as it does nothing to help the guild recruitment pool, rather it floods the pool with poorly skilled, overgeared, and over confident "raiders". Normal modes were also terribly balanced (even casual guilds cleared normal modes within a week or two). Hard modes (especially on things like spine) were over tuned. Very little felt appropriately balanced.

Very few bosses for a raid tier, let alone an end raid tier - TBC had BT + MH (14 total bosses), Wrath had ICC (12 bosses), DS had 8. This was combined with Cataclysm's overall lack of content (FL and DS combined had roughly the same amount of content as Karazahn or Ulduar alone).

Then trying to stretch that content over 8 months . . . .

What reasons are there for DS not to rank?

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    1. Sunwell
    2. ToC
    3. Firelands

Pretty much any tier that has had less than 8 bosses has been terrible imo. Dragon Soul comes in a close 4th, and Gruul doesn't really count because it kinda went along with Kara and segued into T5.

I know I'll get a lot of flak for putting Sunwell up there at #1, but a short raid that was only artificially long because you had to smash your face against the same boss fight for over 50-100 hours isn't fun. It's a chore. And yes, I killed M'uru and Kil'jaeden when it was relevant. It. Wasn't. Fun. The top guild on our server ended up imploding because of M'uru. They even recruited 5 rogues with glaive sets and still couldn't get it down.

I disagree with you on Sunwell, but you have good reasons of your own, so each to their own.

I just wanted to comment on the idea of 8 bosses per tier.

Tier 1 - MC and Ony (10 bosses)
    Tier 2 - BWL (8 bosses)
    Tier 2.5 - AQ40 (9 bosses)
    Tier 3 - Naxx 40 (15 bosses)
    Tier 4 - Karazahn, Gruul, Mag (14 bosses)
    Tier 5 - SSC and TK (10 bosses)
    Tier 6 - BT and MH (14 bosses)
    Tier 7 - Naxx25, EoE, OS (17 bosses)
    Tier 8 - Ulduar (14 bosses)
    Tier 9 - ToGC (5 bosses)
    Tier 10 - ICC (12 bosses)
    Tier 11 - Tot4W, BWD, BoT (13 bosses)
    Tier 12 - FL (7 bosses)
    Tier 13 - DS (8 bosses)

There is a strong argument for your case and the common perception agreeing which perhaps is also tied to the idea that only 20% of bosses will be better than average. The more bosses a tier has, the more likely it is to have one of those memorable bosses and thus for the tier on a whole to be remembered fondly. For example, TK wasn't great and SSC was also relatively average, but because of Vashj and Kael that tier tends to be very fondly remembered. Same goes for MC - the tier and environment are nothing special, but the Ragnaros fight was so memorable that it adds value to the whole tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    What makes you think it was nostalgia? I know a lot of people who raid vanilla and TBC raids with me and only do those regardless of how they look.... At least the game has a challenge to it and not a complete piece or garbage like it is today on live realms.

I myself stopped raiding after they nerfed cata heroics and haven't been back since. I loved TBC ... Best time ever soo I still raid on a daily basis. If blizz ever gets their thumb out of their ass and admits how they were wrong to change from TBC and Vanilla style pretty much everything. If they do I might be back .. If not I continue to save $15 a month
    I agree with you. I had more fun raiding back in TBC than I have in anything since. Ulduar was fun but nothing compared to Kara/ Gruul/ Mag/SSC/TK/Hyjal/BT and SWP.

Deleted
    The 3 new MoP ones.

1.Gruuls Lair
    2.MC
    3.TOC