Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Mudor, it seems you are a little to Pro to play with the 80% of the playerbase ... i sugest you find a few equal minded players ... friend them and do your thing with them, might remove a few of you from LFR and LFD and make the place a bit better for the rest of us.

personaly i realy dont mind the slow and *bad* players as long they are polite and not spamming there DPS meters and yelling how crap everyone else is.
    Now there is the problem. I do have my guild which I "do my thing" with. Which is raiding. But to upgrade my raid items I need valor points, to get valor points I need to play with people from the 80% of the player base. That is the problem. I should be able to cap my valor in normal/HC modes alone so I don't have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Now there is the problem. I do have my guild which I "do my thing" with. Which is raiding. But to upgrade my raid items I need valor points, to get valor points I need to play with people from the 80% of the player base. That is the problem. I should be able to cap my valor in normal/HC modes alone so I don't have to do that.
    last time i checked bosses give vp to

Meh, you don't need to do very much in heroics/dungeons to get it done, the same goes for LFR. Some people just aren't good gamers and don't play enough to improve, I mean as long as they're not afking, or moaning about the group going too fast or w/e (@ slow tanks, u bastards) - Do what you want. I mean I could literally go into a dungeon on my monk with a dps friend and we could 2 man it no problem - Let people suck, it doesn't really hinder you much (maybe one wipe every so often) and they don't really need to get better. If they ever want to raid or PvP seriously, they'll take the time to get better - If not, they'll stick to playing 1 hour a day and maybe doing a couple heroics.

Honestly, I very rarely get people in pugs that are terrible - Sure I get keyboard turners, afkers, people who die from fire - But they usually still do a semi-decent amount of DPS and apologize if they mess up. It's no big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got kicked out of a random 5-man group because someone got angry when I tried to tell him what to do. (I wasn't being rude) :<
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    When I played WoW I very rarely PUG'd for this reason. And when I did, I still usually had at least one or two friends with me, and we made a damn event out of it lol! I didn't mind people dying and being retarded, I thought it was hilarious. I wouldn't make fun of them either I'd just laugh to myself IRL and find the whole situation silly, even if it caused a wipe. It's a game after all. Yeah they wasted my time in the game, but gaming in general is a waste of time, so whatever lol. It's not like he interrupted my workout at the gym or made me late to work.

Plus can you really blame the player for not being up to standard for group events? Leveling in WoW is so mind numbingly easy that a 4 year old can do it (literally...I have a friend whose 4 year old plays WoW successfully, even uses the dungeon finder). It doesn't exactly hone your skills, so you can't expect the casual player to be up to par lol.
    You say I cant expect them to be on par. I can and I should. Who cares if youre a casual? Casual does not equal bad. My friend who was amongs the top 10 world raid guilds in vanilla - wolk now plays casual. His char is decked in 5 man HC gear and LFR gear properly gemmed, enchanted, reforged etc...

He plays maybe 3 hours a week but when we play together he plays on my level. It does not take much braincells to comprehend the "tactics" in 5 mans and LFR.

I sometimes think, do these bads are aware that they are bad? Or they just dont give a shit and play that way because "Fuck you, deal with it".

Deleted
    I find it annoying to cap valor in 5 mans every week, reason for that is morons who let me do their job for them.

People who die on Arlan the Blademaster in SM or whatever his name is, people who die on the kung fu panda in the dojo in shado pan fists of fury, people who drool in the water on the 1st boss in jade temple. List goes on and on.

I also do 50% of the groups damage and they won't reply to me when I ask what they are doing. They won't take advice when I tell them what they do wrong, I try to help them know how to gem gear/reforge or even play their rotation. I play a warlock and I got a fair idea about other classes dps rotation but most people in pugs barely know their own class.

This is painful to endure every week and it makes me not want to cap my valor. I get time to cap before raids, which is 2-3 hours after I get home from work.

As most guildies come on 5-10 min before raid or some don't wanna do heroics they aren't an option to force to come with me as they don't want to deal with the mouthbreathers I gotta deal with in every 5 man.

Is it THAT HARD? To read up on your class, you see a boss come towards you with bladestorm whatever or something thats lethal, would you stand in it IRL? NO, so move out and do proper dps. My rogue alt is new dinged and I can do 40k dps with shit gear, I see people with the same gear around 15k-20k.

So its really true 80% of the population have the awareness of a rock and the attentionspan of a 12 year old with ADD.
    This is what you get with Lfd my friend.

You say I cant expect them to be on par. I can and I should. Who cares if youre a casual? Casual does not equal bad. My friend who was amongs the top 10 world raid guilds in vanilla - wolk now plays casual. His char is decked in 5 man HC gear and LFR gear properly gemmed, enchanted, reforged etc...

He plays maybe 3 hours a week but when we play together he plays on my level. It does not take much braincells to comprehend the "tactics" in 5 mans and LFR.

I sometimes think, do these bads are aware that they are bad? Or they just dont give a shit and play that way because "Fuck you, deal with it".
    Some people are just bad at gaming, imagine handing your gran the keyboard and mouse. I agree that it's annoying - And when i'm raiding or in arena and people fuck up to stupid things it infuriates me as well, currently wiping on spirit kings hc due to people dying to stupid shit like annihilate, it's a piss take. The difference is I expect people in my guild to perform well, to be prepared and to not blow complete ass. In a heroic, it has such little effect on whether or not they're good or bad, it's where a lot of players go to learn. And as I said, some people will just never get better, nor do they care.

my wife plays WoW from time to time with me. and she is not great. and she knows it. but she doesn't give a fuck about you ej's. some people play for fun.

Deleted
    my guild is actually top 133 ish world last time i checked. Where is your armory then?
    I am curious to know how you drop from 133ish to 551. Care to explain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look Mudor is back talking himself up again... can you just go back to where ever you have been for the last few months? Please?

Stop being so full of yourself. I already know my whole guild would beat you in dps.

HAHA your highest rank in only 39.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2012-12-10 at 11:10 AM.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Not bragging. Just this Det guy is constantly after me =)

He never dares to post his armory though. So every argument he makes against me is invalid. My point is simple, when in a group with 4 others you should play your best, and if its not good enough and people give you advice which you ignore, you got no business being in that group. Believe it or not I do try to help those who suck, but 90% of the times they don't listen.
    I believe that depends a lot on how you give them the advice. If you're doing it in a calm and helpful way, being clear about that it's an advice that could potentially help them improve, then it might work. If you tell them to do this or that, straight out, a little bit like an order, they will very, very likely ignore you and become defensive about it. I'm sure you feel that you did it the right way, but really think for a second just how you ask them. Most of the time when I give other people advice they at least consider it, and even thank me for it.

Also, you never replied to my suggestion of running scenarios? I would really not be so quick about turning it down as an option, especially if you don't like to run with four random people that you feel the need to teach how to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about the first time you played WoW. Now add maybe 1-2 months to that, remember how well you played? There are people who don't play this game in ANY kind of serious manner. I have the same mindset that you do, "How can people play a game long enough to get max level and still not understand it?", but I'm guessing you lack humility to remember times when you were just as bad as they were.

Deleted
    There should be a lfg channel the way we had it before Lfd.
    Cause at the end of the day your only solution is to play with people you know.
    So either friend list or server-wide Lfd channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I believe that depends a lot on how you give them the advice. If you're doing it in a calm and helpful way, being clear about that it's an advice that could potentially help them improve, then it might work. If you tell them to do this or that, straight out, a little bit like an order, they will very, very likely ignore you and become defensive about it. I'm sure you feel that you did it the right way, but really think for a second just how you ask them. Most of the time when I give other people advice they at least consider it, and even thank me for it.

Also, you never replied to my suggestion of running scenarios? I would really not be so quick about turning it down as an option, especially if you don't like to run with four random people that you feel the need to teach how to play.

I do scenarios from time to time. Its fast and easy VP. But sometimes I simply dont have time for it before raids. I don't wanna do it in weekends as I dont play then as I got better things to do. Maybe 2-3 ish scenarios a week is what I do. I havent done dailies since I got exalted with august celestials. Simply not enough time anymore. Then again, I wish that you can cap VP completely by doing normal/HC raids alone.

I like how you're just completely ignoring my posts which addresses this exact issue of yours.

Sure, you can go ahead and expect brilliance from everyone you meet... You're just going to end up constantly angry, disappointed, and frustrated though. There are people in this game who honestly don't care for min-maxing. They don't care about reading up about things outside of the game. They have no idea that WoWhead, MMO Champion, Icy Veins, Tankspot, all these websites even exist.

They just play the game for fun and to relax after a hard day at work. They have no addons that tell them how they're performing; they just want to log on, shoot/stab stuff, log off.

You have no right to demand anything more than that when the content you're running doesn't demand more. If you're still clearing the heroics/LFR, then they're doing plenty. Let them do what they want and have fun in their own way.

As such, to bring it back to my initial point: you cannot change anyone else. To think otherwise is pure arrogance. As such, the only thing you can do to solve your issue is to change yourself. Stop caring about the performance of others. This is the only way to stop getting so angry over everything, which really isn't healthy.

my guild is actually top 133 ish world last time i checked. Where is your armory then?
    Realm Rank 9.

Not even World Top 500. 551 to be exact.

Sorry couldn't resist.

OT: Stop being elitist, not everyone is a raider nor does everyone care what random people think in easy heroics. You think you are so much better than you actually are, nobody cares how good you think you are at a video game.

Kisho is 100% right here btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    Think about the first time you played WoW. Now add maybe 1-2 months to that, remember how well you played? There are people who don't play this game in ANY kind of serious manner. I have the same mindset that you do, "How can people play a game long enough to get max level and still not understand it?", but I'm guessing you lack humility to remember times when you were just as bad as they were.
    When I was new, it was in vanilla. Everyone sucked then. I ran 10 man UBRS, scholomance, stratholme and some raids even though I was like 12 year old or something.
    I don't remember much from raiding at that time, but we mostly spent time wiping on trash in MC than do bosses. UBRS took 5+ hours and we had many breaks due to people leaving or going afk and needed to replace. I learned more in TBC, got help from better players and I took their advice and improved since I didnt wanna be a burden to the group I was in. Months later after I got my dungeon gear/PvP weapons I went to karazhan, ZA, gruul and magtheridon with pugs and got my gear. I joined a guild and cleared TK, SCC and some of BT.

The climb from being a worthless noob to a semi pro raider was long, but with the will to learn anyone can do it. That will and perseverance is something the community lacks today. And do you know why? Its because they dont have to improve. Wanna do hcs? Go do them, they require no skill whatsoever. Wanna stand in fire? Go for it! Your group will carry you. The boss in 5 man hc has no enrage and you can be the worthless dumbshit you were ment to be.

Wanna see raids? LFR is for you! Wanna be useless in a group of 25 people no matter how many people try to help you improve while you refuse to listen? Go for it, you dont need to improve unless you want to raid normals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    You have no right to demand anything more than that when the content you're running doesn't demand more. If you're still clearing the heroics/LFR, then they're doing plenty. Let them do what they want and have fun in their own way.
    He has every right to demand HE IS THE GREAT MUDOR the greatest player ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also a disgrace to raiders, people like him give them such a bad name.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    I do scenarios from time to time. Its fast and easy VP. But sometimes I simply dont have time for it before raids. I don't wanna do it in weekends as I dont play then as I got better things to do. Maybe 2-3 ish scenarios a week is what I do. I havent done dailies since I got exalted with august celestials. Simply not enough time anymore. Then again, I wish that you can cap VP completely by doing normal/HC raids alone.
    I don't fully understand this reply, you're saying you have the time for a heroic dungeon but not a scenario? Scenarios goes even faster. =/ And if you don't have time for either, then I suppose that's simply the way it is...

Also about getting valor cap from simply running raids, I believe the main reason Blizzard didn't make it so is because most people do have more time on their hands and want something aside from those, however many times per week you run raids, to do something else. Such as daily quests, scenarios or heroic dungeon runs.

I fully understand that not everyone wants to or have the time to run other things outside of raiding, but you have to understand that just because you have a limited amount of time to spend on the game, you're not entitled to get everything during that time-span. It's all about prioritization, either your prioritize the game, or your real life. You can't eat the muffin and still save it for later. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Realm Rank 9.

Not even World Top 500. 551 to be exact.

Sorry couldn't resist.

OT: Stop being elitist, not everyone is a raider nor does everyone care what random people think in easy heroics. You think you are so much better than you actually are, nobody cares how good you think you are at a video game.

Kisho is 100% right here btw.

Yep youre right. Checked it right now =)

However 10 man don't count in my eyes so we're rank 4. And I'm fine with that. I love my guild no matter where we are. We are however close on amber shaper HC (30%) and Imperial Vizier Hc (17%).

So when we get those down we'll be rank 3 or 2.