Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I occasionally make fun of homosexuallity becuase I find it disturbing. Racism is ridiculous to me that's why I might use it ironically sometimes.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    "The way people treat you is more about them than it is about you.."

Probably the best way to think of this whole issue. Most wow players are inherently insecure.
    Obviously, everyone's a badass online these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    I occasionally make fun of homosexuallity becuase I find it disturbing. Racism is ridiculous to me that's why I might use it ironically sometimes.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 06:27 PM ----------

Obviously, everyone's a badass online these days.
    But why do you find it disturbing?

This is what I find odd personally. You yourself just stated that you find racism ridiculous, yet in the very same sentence stated something that is simply another form of discrimination. People can't help their ethnicity no more than they can accept their sexuality, yet as a culture we are far more accepting of homophobia than racism, yet they're basically the same thing.

x majority bash on y minority for skin colour (something they can't help)
    x majority bash on v minority for sexual preference (something they can't help).

Clarify the difference for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    meh I feel like most of this is people just poking fun as a tension reliever, not really serious

Blatant racism is pretty rare, especially in wow
    Definitely this!

Don't post "this" posts, please. Contribute
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-12 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I understand that the clan mentality will not just... dissapear... why? cause that's what make the human competitive (Sports, technology, etc...) but there are things that should not be grouped in the clan mentality, like.... difference of gender, race, sexuality, religion, etc...

That's what have to change from the clan mentality
    just can't imagine it's ever going to be possible though. you have to take the human out of being human for that to happen. we haven't figured out how to take the wolf out of dogs, which is why every year hundreds of thousands are attacked by dogs for no reason.

i think the best we'll ever be able to do is simply raise OUR kids to not be those ignorant dipshits. poke fun at everything, even yourself, and then let it go. don't let it influence your relationships (business, personal, whatever) and you'll be fine

i've noticed that a LOT of "racists" will say awful things then be buddy-buddy with the black guy, the mexican, etc. 1 on 1 most folks are pretty decent, throw in a big group of people and that mob mentality takes over.

i think it's something we'll always complain about, will never be fixed but isn't going to result in slavery, jim crow laws, etc again
    that's fine if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    But why do you find it disturbing?

This is what I find odd personally. You yourself just stated that you find racism ridiculous, yet in the very same sentence stated something that is simply another form of discrimination. People can't help their ethnicity no more than they can accept their sexuality, yet as a culture we are far more accepting of homophobia than racism, yet they're basically the same thing.

x majority bash on y minority for skin colour (something they can't help)
    x majority bash on v minority for sexual preference (something they can't help).

Clarify the difference for me?
    Excuse me if I sound offensive because that's definitely not my intent, but I feel like homosexuality is something that's not supposed to be. I wear glasses becuase something obviously went wrong when my body was being developed right? That's how I feel about gay people, something went wrong. The differential is disgusting to me, the thought of two men having sex is so wrong to me. Racism, well, my parents are both from different countries and I know lots of people from other parts of the world that are really cool people. I think the difference between gay and straight person is bigger than the difference between a white and black man.

Coming from my work history, chefs are the exact same way. We never cared if you were gay, straight, black, yellow, stupid, fat or anything else. We just cared about whether or not it offends you when we poke fun at you, because being able to "dish it, but not take it" is what makes you not one of us.

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."
    -A little piece of wisdom from the Half-Man, Tyrion.

How about if you're gay, keep it to yourself and move on. I wanna kill raid bosses, not be dragged into some sort of sexual equality argument every time I log on. I don't consider myself a homophobe, but I also know for a fact that I'm not a homo-fan! But, what you do is none of business, and I don't care. Do whatever makes you feel good, just leave me alone and I'll do the same for you.

Please don't misunderstand my message, I did not say "Hey fag, don't speak to me...you go to your side of the planet, and I'll stay on my side!!!" I am saying, log into WoW to play a video game. Let's kill shit, gather loot, and kick ass. Why does any of the other crap even matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Excuse me if I sound offensive because that's definitely not my intent, but I feel like homosexuality is something that's not supposed to be. I wear glasses becuase something obviously went wrong when my body was being developed right? That's how I feel about gay people, something went wrong. The differential is disgusting to me, the thought of two men having sex is so wrong to me. Racism, well, my parents are both from different countries and I know lots of people from other parts of the world that are really cool people. I think the difference between gay and straight person is bigger than the difference between a white and black man.
    chances are, you've not been around gay people much. my brother was like this, now his best friend is gay. dogs who only see one type of person (white, black, dark, light) might develop an aggressive response against someone who looks different.

people and animals and everything else like their comfort zone, your comfort zone is full of straight men obviously lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Yea, the portion that believes coexistence isn't possible.
    And by qualifying them as scum, you actually proved his point. You won't coexist with them.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    Coming from my work history, chefs are the exact same way. We never cared if you were gay, straight, black, yellow, stupid, fat or anything else. We just cared about whether or not it offends you when we poke fun at you, because being able to "dish it, but not take it" is what makes you not one of us.

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."
    -A little piece of wisdom from the Half-Man, Tyrion.
    at the same time, some people don't feel like "one of you" when you bash them.
    it's disrespectful to ASSUME that someone you don't really know is ok with you making fun of their race, religion, gf, mom, kid, whatever. when you know someone well, then you'll know if you can joke with them like that

a lot of younger people who do most of their socializing online and anonymously never develop that part of their brain i guess. they can make a joke that offends someone and there aren't repercussions online. do it in real life and you might get punched, you might get your dad fired, you might get killed. there ARE consequences in real life that help guide a person into a spot in society where they fit in.

internet has really stunted the development people used to go through that allowed them to feel a situation out. if you approach everyone the same way, you are going to get your teeth knocked down your throat at some point.

Skimmed over thread; Bottom line, I used to only say nig/fag/spic/etc to make other people feel bad about being such a baddie. I honestly couldn't give much less of a crap what race/sexual preference someone is IRL as long as their cash is green.

TL;DR, I hate everyone equally.

Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    chances are, you've not been around gay people much. my brother was like this, now his best friend is gay. dogs who only see one type of person (white, black, dark, light) might develop an aggressive response against someone who looks different.

people and animals and everything else like their comfort zone, your comfort zone is full of straight men obviously lol
    You're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by sondrak View Post
    Skimmed over thread; Bottom line, I used to only say nig/fag/spic/etc to make other people feel bad about being such a baddie. I honestly couldn't give much less of a crap what race/sexual preference someone is IRL as long as their cash is green.

misanthropists don't join forums lol
    reminds me of the anarchists who only spray paint shit but use the laundromat, have a job, etc

As sad as it sounds I think this is the case for most people lol. Well, young people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    Arthas and Jania
    Kael'thalas and Jania
    Kalecgos and Jania (she gets around)
    Thrall and Aggra
    Tyrande and Malfurion
    Tyrande and Illidan
    Varian and Tiffany
    Alleria and Turolyn
    Veressea and Rhonin
    The Player if s/he plays a Goblin.

Your argument would hold weight if the franchise was not littered with blatant heterosexual relationships. No, I'm not saying Blizzard is homophobic. But the distinct lack of homosexual relationships is almost distressing, and a blatant ploy not to offend the player base of WoW. Which, let's be honest, the majority are straight men that like to call each other 'faggot', 'homo' and 'gay' in every other sentence. Ergo, not a very liberal place to be.

I'd be genuinely pleasantly surprised if an honest, decent and well written homosexual relationship occurred between two women/men to rival that of the heterosexual characters. I personally was actually surprised when Shandris expressed interest in that male night elf; got the major lesbian vibe from her...

It's not just homophobia really. The internet draws out the plebs in people for some reason. I mean, sexism rears it's ugly head in WoW too, and racism. Anything that does not conform to the majority of white & male is likely to be discriminated against in some sort of way.

Edit:

Wow. Just wow.

It makes me laugh how people still hold this attitude in 2013.
    Kael'thalas?

You're right, there are relationships in WoW, but so are there relationships in Lord of the Rings or other movies/books. It would be very unrealistic if there were no couples, because that's usually the way how people are. But it's not a big theme, usually.

It's hard to deal with the topic without it either drawing too much attention or turning out like what J.K. Rowling did with Dumbledore.

Oh and Varian's wife's name was Tiffin.

For Kael'thalas!

misanthropists don't join forums lol
    reminds me of the anarchists who only spray paint shit but use the laundromat, have a job, etc
    It's fags like you that make me such a misanthropist.

Also, you don't see anyone saying these words in game anymore because it's not worth getting banned because some nigger reported you.

Your racial slurs are not tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-12 at 06:29 PM.

It's fags like you that make me such a misanthropist.

Also, you don't see anyone saying these words in game anymore because it's not worth getting banned because some nigger reported you.
    you probably have your mature language filter on. if your mom has your account locked, see if she can turn that off for you. tell her you're a big boy now and refer her to this post. tell her it's YOUR LIFE

you probably have your mature language filter on. if your mom has your account locked, see if she can turn that off for you. tell her you're a big boy now and refer her to this post. tell her it's YOUR LIFE
    Nah, suffered 72hr bans myself for slurs. There are plenty of other ways to troll bads that don't involve getting banned.

EDIT: Also, my mother actually was racist. Not more so than your average northerner, but very very racist, and not just about blacks.
    Last edited by sondrak; 2013-03-12 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Wow encourages racism at its core. The very principle of the game is to have players hate on people on the opposing side of something just because they can.

You think a fictional concept can't encourage real life racism? If anything it makes it easier for people to be that way because the developers make it so, its like giving a alcoholic a barrel of beer, saying 'do what you like with it', and then turning away.
    People like you don't understand that race in WoW is not the same as race in reallife.

Nah, suffered 72hr bans myself for slurs. There are plenty of other ways to troll bads that don't involve getting banned.

EDIT: Also, my mother actually was racist. Not more so than your average northerner, but very very racist, and not just about blacks.
    wow...how small your dick must be...

Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-12 at 06:30 PM.