Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    The 7.3.5 "content splash screen" see here on Wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277755/7...-title-and-pet

clearly shows that 7.3.5 features content Blizzard titles "Legion: Epilogue". If 7.3.5 is the epilogue, that means that's it for Legion... and almost certainly nothing new beyond that until the expansion comes out. (That 'epilogue' is the Silithus storyline with the wound in the world, with the main content being the new leveling scaling situation.)
    They probably can't include them in the splash screen since they're a pre-order bonus and not something included free in the Legion patch.

It'd be incredibly stupid to miss an opportunity to quash the content drought.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Allied Races come with pre-order
    Digital Mounts are
    Alliance: Seabraid Stallion
    Horde: Armored Raptor
    You got any source ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They probably can't include them in the splash screen since they're a pre-order bonus and not something included free in the Legion patch.

It'd be incredibly stupid to miss an opportunity to quash the content drought.
    Absolutely. Allowing pre-orders for BfA to happen with 7.3.5, along with four new allied races and extra character slots as a perk, would guarantee a lot of people staying subscribed. I really hope they're paying attention.

7+ Year Old Account
    The 7.3.5 "content splash screen" see here on Wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277755/7...-title-and-pet

clearly shows that 7.3.5 features content Blizzard titles "Legion: Epilogue". If 7.3.5 is the epilogue, that means that's it for Legion... and almost certainly nothing new beyond that until the expansion comes out. (That 'epilogue' is the Silithus storyline with the wound in the world, with the main content being the new leveling scaling situation.)
    That is not certain at all. Like they can still make dungeon/raiding content for the epilogue, that works aside the quest content. Again, there are still 6 months to BFA atleast, so they have alot of time to create a small content tier for us, if the wait is too long.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    That is not certain at all. Like they can still make dungeon/raiding content for the epilogue, that works aside the quest content. Again, there are still 6 months to BFA atleast, so they have alot of time to create a small content tier for us, if the wait is too long.
    More like 8-10 months. Beta is typically very close to 5 months and beta hasn't started and won't until at least 7.3.5 is live. Even if that's February a 5 month beta puts us in July and it wouldn't shock me if beta isn't until March or even April.

Cue all the "But it could be DIFFERENT THIS TIME!!!" posts...

They've acknowledged in many, many interviews that Antorus is the last raid, except for a bit of story stuff. 7.3.5 contains that story.

And they don't have a history of continual content updates at the end of an expansion, anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    They've acknowledged in many, many interviews that Antorus is the last raid, except for a bit of story stuff. 7.3.5 contains that story.

And they don't have a history of continual content updates at the end of an expansion, anyway.
    That is not true. It is confirmed that Antorus is the last major raid patch in Legion, but Ion has been open about, that they might have a small raid up their sleeve if 7.3.5 takes too long.

Legion is a bit unique in that factor, since they have upheld a pretty constant content stream, so something is supporting, that the drought might change this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    More like 8-10 months. Beta is typically very close to 5 months and beta hasn't started and won't until at least 7.3.5 is live. Even if that's February a 5 month beta puts us in July and it wouldn't shock me if beta isn't until March or even April.

Cue all the "But it could be DIFFERENT THIS TIME!!!" posts...
    Im not saying it is gonna be different this time, i am personally gonna be surprised if it is, but there are signs, that they might have something in mind to keep the content drought down by a bit. Watcher said, that if the drought looks like it will become a new SoO period, then they will proberly release a small raid, like ToC just to keep people occupied.

And 6 months is indeed way to early. I would expect more like 8 months, start of sep.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    You got any source ?
    He pulled it out of his ass. Just like 90% of what he says.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

That is not true. It is confirmed that Antorus is the last major raid patch in Legion, but Ion has been open about, that they might have a small raid up their sleeve if 7.3.5 takes too long.
    Source, please? I watched the Blizzcon coverage and Ion - and several others - clearly stated that Antorus was the final raid of the expansion, without any doubt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Source, please? I watched the Blizzcon coverage and Ion - and several others - clearly stated that Antorus was the final raid of the expansion, without any doubt.
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...-end-of-legion

"It's the last major patch, yes. In terms of large outdoor zones to explore, big raid tier, dungeon, that sort of thing," he explains. "It's not the end of the story of Legion, though.

So yeah, the last major raid patch, but there is not put a lock on getting more content after Antorus, even a small raid.

"It's the last major patch, yes. In terms of large outdoor zones to explore, big raid tier, dungeon, that sort of thing," he explains. "It's not the end of the story of Legion, though.

So yeah, the last major raid patch, but there is not put a lock on getting more content after Antorus, even a small raid.
    You're reaching there... The "end of the story of Legion" he's talking about that wasn't in 7.3 is the "Legion: Epilogue" stuff that's in 7.3.5, which is the Silithus/wound-in-the-world story that Wowhead and MMOC have uncovered in the files, tying up all the storylines and loose ends.

Again, at Blizzcon, Ion did state that this was the last raid. Also, I think one of the Wowhead interviews said the same thing.

Also, raid content is a LOT more work than open world content, for a smaller group. I doubt that their team would put any work or effort into a "maybe" type of raid at the end of this expansion instead of focusing full speed ahead on the next one. Which brings me back to this thread, and my conviction that the content that will tide us over during the content drought is, in fact, the new level scaling... which would work really well with four allied races and more character slots.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're reaching there... The "end of the story of Legion" he's talking about that wasn't in 7.3 is the "Legion: Epilogue" stuff that's in 7.3.5, which is the Silithus/wound-in-the-world story that Wowhead and MMOC have uncovered in the files, tying up all the storylines and loose ends.

Again, at Blizzcon, Ion did state that this was the last raid. Also, I think one of the Wowhead interviews said the same thing.

Also, raid content is a LOT more work than open world content, for a smaller group. I doubt that their team would put any work or effort into a "maybe" type of raid at the end of this expansion instead of focusing full speed ahead on the next one. Which brings me back to this thread, and my conviction that the content that will tide us over during the content drought is, in fact, the new level scaling... which would work really well with four allied races and more character slots.
    Reaching? No i am merely going on what have been said and what have been said is that the end is not Antorus.

Sorce plz Unless you have a direct quote form Ion, that Antorus is the last raid content we will see in Legion, i will be open for the idea of a 3-boss raid before the launch of BFA

Funny thing, quotes and so on. We have a qoute from Lore, that the allied races will not come before BFA, so at earliest pre-patch. So new content have either been made, will not be made at all or will be made at some point within 4-6 months No matter what, i think they are all possibilties and equal likely The important thing is, that Blizzard have showed sign, that they want to avoid content droughts and that they will try to combat it. Level scaling is nice, but alot of people will not find it a source of content. So if the drought is not to last 6+ months, they will have to make a raid, a dungeon or alot more quest content

The latest additions to the PTR makes it look more likely that Silithus will become something like Timeless Isle content. They added rares dropping order resources. That’s not something added at a whim.

Reaching? No i am merely going on what have been said and what have been said is that the end is not Antorus.

Sorce plz Unless you have a direct quote form Ion, that Antorus is the last raid content we will see in Legion, i will be open for the idea of a 3-boss raid before the launch of BFA
    You can be open to it, sure, but you're going to be disappointed.

Funny thing, quotes and so on. We have a qoute from Lore, that the allied races will not come before BFA, so at earliest pre-patch. So new content have either been made, will not be made at all or will be made at some point within 4-6 months No matter what, i think they are all possibilties and equal likely The important thing is, that Blizzard have showed sign, that they want to avoid content droughts and that they will try to combat it. Level scaling is nice, but alot of people will not find it a source of content. So if the drought is not to last 6+ months, they will have to make a raid, a dungeon or alot more quest content
    Lore specifically said the allied races are BfA content... which could very much include be part of BfA's pre-order incentive.

More importantly, though, is the simple fact that none of this would be part of 7.3.5 testing if it wasn't for 7.3.5. There is no playtesting of allied races that is even remotely necessary; it's a cosmetic part of WoW, as all races are. The races we KNOW are unlocked in BfA (Zandalari trolls and Dark Iron dwarves) aren't in game, but these are. There is no logical reason for this to have shown up in the 7.3.5 PTR except if it was going to be released with 7.3.5... and there's no reason why Blizzard reps would confirm that in the slightest if it was part of a future perk they had grand plans to announce at the same time.

I still believe - and apparently a lot of people on the official forums believe - that (a) we're in for another content drought period (possibly smaller than before, but still a large part of the year), and (b) the new leveling experience along with new character slots and allied races are intended to bridge the gap. (That plus the Silithus "epilogue" stuff.) We aren't going to get a raid or dungeon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome View Post
    My prediction is this:

They're getting the old-world leveling and scaling ready, as well as the new faction embassies, in preparation for the new Allied Races. Since the expansion is most likely going to be about a year away, it makes sense for them to allow us to Pre-Order the new expac in order to quest and level up the new allied races as we wait for the new xpac to drop. This would give many players something to do while enduring the content drought, and it also gives time for players to prepare these new characters for the next expansion.

If they didn't plan for us to use Allied Races this early, then surely they could have only given us the level scaling of the zones? Wouldn't they have left the embassy hubs for the Pre-Patch closer to launch? Since we're getting these things in the ptr now, and plus a new bg, I'm certain we're going to be playing 4 of the 6 allied races before BfA hits (that is, if you've pre-ordered).

Also, if Blizzard did not do this, it would be a bit awkward to have an expansion drop, but also have this decision to either play in the new zones, or go through all of azeroth etc. again for a new allied race. It just seems it would create a division among players being in different locations, rather than consuming the new expansion content at the same time.
    I would imagine we will see preorders around or sometime after christmas when blizzard workers are all back from vacations.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

1-3 boss raid would be pointless. People will devour it in one day and whine again. I don't think they want to make another Ruby Sanctum. If they want to threw us something, I think new dungeon would be much better idea, Mythic+ has more replayability, also it's added to the mix, so you won't do same new dungeon again and again.

But looks like their solution for drought is "new" world (maybe with new races) and new battleground. Also, they are taking away M+15 and Mage Tower skins, so we have incentive to gear up and do more challenging stuff on our alts.

As for community, Alpha probably will start right after they deal with 7.3.5 PTR, so all forum attention will be directed at BfA. Let's face it, if game survived WoD drought (where not only it lasted 14 months, but also we didn't have much stuff to complete) - it will survive anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    1-3 boss raid would be pointless. People will devour it in one day and whine again. I don't think they want to make another Ruby Sanctum. If they want to threw us something, I think new dungeon would be much better idea, Mythic+ has more replayability, also it's added to the mix, so you won't do same new dungeon again and again.

But looks like their solution for drought is "new" world (maybe with new races) and new battleground. Also, they are taking away M+15 and Mage Tower skins, so we have incentive to gear up and do more challenging stuff on our alts.

As for community, Alpha probably will start right after they deal with 7.3.5 PTR, so all forum attention will be directed at BfA. Let's face it, if game survived WoD drought (where not only it lasted 14 months, but also we didn't have much stuff to complete) - it will survive anything.
    What about a mythic+ 3 boss raid?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Because they want people to keep playing (and paying) for a year until the next expansion and new content is out.
    Pretty much. The "Dead zones" Between expansions is what is doing WoW in currently. Find a way to minimize this effect and that would be a huge win!