Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What is needed is API access to your best run and last run for all dungeons. While raider.io is very useful for forming groups for +20s, the way leaderboards work, it's shit for lower levels.

When I'm trying to bust out a +15 on my alt most of the people applying have 0 score because their realms leaderboard is full of high keys so they never rank in the top 100 and don't get scored.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hope they dont change how keys work, leveling/deleveling keys together with boosting, making so much gold, can make even more with boosting first weeks of BfA
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    You know what I mean though; the timer is always there and it's always something you want to aim for. Even if you're in a group that isn't too bothered about beating it the pressure is still on to some degree (because why wouldn't you want to at least try?), and that changes the nature of the whole experience. Reward balancing can easily be reworked to make dungeons feel more appealing as well, whether this takes the form of awarding more gear but putting weekly lockouts on Mythic+ dungeons (like we had in WoD), keeping gear drops weaker but awarding a more valuable PvE currency alongside them, or even adding in more crafting, cosmetic, or consumable rewards. There are lots of things you can do to make players feel like they always have something worthwhile to show for their efforts, as the dungeon reward structures in previous expansions have shown.
    Tbh, the timer is there, because it's the simplest solution for penalty.

Imagine a more sophisticated system where the timeframe is fixed, and the rewards are based on your skill. How good you are in using cc, avoid stuff, defend, heal etc., but not dps, because dps is tied to time.
    It could be more like an arcade game.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I despise M+ and I don't do them at all, however I'm happy to ignore them so I don't want them removed as such. I just hope to hell they stop gating quests and stuff behind them trying to force people to do the wretched things.
    M+ isn't for you and neither is this thread. It looks you've complained about rated arenas and bgs as well, so best to avoid those too. You play WoW for world quests, LFR, or anything that you can afk for free loot. Nobody cares what you like, despise, or do in Wow, because you have nothing worthwhile to contribute. Don't be so ignorant to think that they do.

M+ was the only thing in Legion that wasn't dog shit. Everybody knows it. I'm sure it'll be expanded upon in BFA. Hopefully they can do some balancing on tanks/healers because only a couple of each are viable in really high M+ right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post
    What is needed is API access to your best run and last run for all dungeons. While raider.io is very useful for forming groups for +20s, the way leaderboards work, it's shit for lower levels.

When I'm trying to bust out a +15 on my alt most of the people applying have 0 score because their realms leaderboard is full of high keys so they never rank in the top 100 and don't get scored.
    The addon still shows their main's scores. Being in top 100 is more like problem of high pop realms.

Besides 0 score is either a fresh toon or the player is noob/braindead. You have more chance to get more ppl for your key after the weekly restart and outside of raidtimes ofc.

I personally started to care about my M+ score only a few weeks ago. In a few days I was over 2k. Now on 2.3k+, I have no problem doing +15-17 keys, which is more than enough for me.

Make a better way to scrore/track progress. Why am i punished for having to do m+ on monday nights? Elune could do m+ on Monday nights and no one would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    You know what I mean though; the timer is always there and it's always something you want to aim for. Even if you're in a group that isn't too bothered about beating it the pressure is still on to some degree (because why wouldn't you want to at least try?), and that changes the nature of the whole experience. Reward balancing can easily be reworked to make dungeons feel more appealing as well, whether this takes the form of awarding more gear but putting weekly lockouts on Mythic+ dungeons (like we had in WoD), keeping gear drops weaker but awarding a more valuable PvE currency alongside them, or even adding in more crafting, cosmetic, or consumable rewards. There are lots of things you can do to make players feel like they always have something worthwhile to show for their efforts, as the dungeon reward structures in previous expansions have shown.
    All those suggestions to me feel like it would ruin M+. So, opinions are divided. As I've stated before the M+ success formula seems pretty fragile. I'd be hesitant to try to change it too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Make a better way to scrore/track progress. Why am i punished for having to do m+ on monday nights? Elune could do m+ on Monday nights and no one would know.
    Eevryone agrees there. There is also no technical reason they couldn't give details of every M+ run through the API, like e.g. LoL does. Let's hope it just was a matter of enterprisitis and being caught by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post

this x 1000000000000

Get rid of M+ score and just show us the highest key the person in queue has run for the dungeon I'm doing.

Hopefully Blizz will implement their own Mythic+ scoring, that could be helpful and they are slowing adding changes here and there. Definitely can see mythic+ getting more popular and competitive which can be entertaining to watch in the upcoming tournaments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that they'll learn some lessons and rebalance affixes appropriately, so different affixes will be similar in difficulty. I think that Tyrannical and Fortified are poor choices for affixes, it's basically +2 key for bosses/trash. The most logical choice would be to nerf some nasty affixes, so player would concentrate on dungeon mechanics, add more affixes simultaneously on high keys and, of course, introduce proper scoring system to the game along with automatic matchmaking. I'm not sure if they would be able to make that to BfA, but in the future, I don't doubt that.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    M+ is more popular than scenarios ever were. Scenarios were something you did once and mostly forgot about. M+ provides fun fast-paced challenges you can play again and again. Pretty sure there were never Scenario Invitationals, and doubt they would have gotten tens of thousands of viewers if there were.
    Is it more popular because people want to do them, or is it more popular because you can get good gear out of them?

I'm pretty sure Blizz will continue them regardless because they are dirt cheap to maintain...build the dungeon once, add some modifiers that randomize every week, and claim mountains of content exist. Everything a corporation loves.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Is it more popular because people want to do them, or is it more popular because you can get good gear out of them?

I'm pretty sure Blizz will continue them regardless because they are dirt cheap to maintain...build the dungeon once, add some modifiers that randomize every week, and claim mountains of content exist. Everything a corporation loves.
    This. It's such an easy way to keep players in the game; many other blizzard games have variants of M+ in some form.

Dev for NEO Impossible Bosses, an RTS-MOBA Raidboss rush game!

I wish they'd kept speed runs in Diablo and taken Warcraft more into the CC / tactical arena. Every dungeon is the same when you can just AoE it all down.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I wish they'd kept speed runs in Diablo and taken Warcraft more into the CC / tactical arena. Every dungeon is the same when you can just AoE it all down.
    Spoken like someone who never runs high M+. There is so much CC and clever use of class abilities... Just because we don't stop and spend 10 minutes talking about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Requires tight teamwork and execution on the fly. Tons more skill than moving at a snails pace.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I want more events like the Invitational. I thought I wouldn't like to watch it, but there were some new things I have learned, e.g. using a two-person mount in EoA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    e.g. using a two-person mount in EoA.
    That one is stupid and funny at once Stupid because players generally never care how "high" their mounts are and don't think of that aspect and funny because it makes sense actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    You seem to live with a few misconceptions:
    - If you clear N/HC Antorus every week and coin, chances are very high you will get a 960 piece from there. With the coins you can even aim for a specific one. In ToS I used every single coin I had to get the owl for weeks.
    - If you raid with a HC guild and they 'require' M+, there's something wrong with the guild. You should thank your guildies that do M+ as that means more loot from raids for you.
    - Seems you want your weekly chest, but then get frustrated that groups bypass you for people that like and run M+ much more than you. his is the old misconception. People take from the queue the best on offer, not the minimally sufficient. However, everyone get's their own key. Taht means that after the very first week you had to run a maximum of 2 dungeons to get a 15 out of your own key.
    - I love raiding and I live M+. Let me tell you: Getting gear from raids requires very much less effort than getting gear from M+. And all the best gear (tier, trinkets) comes from raids exclusively, or has a seriously higher reward/effort from raids (relics, rings, etc )

'I like WoW but I don't like the mmo parts that much. I hate leveling, gearing etc, but i LOVE raiding.'
    Sounds to me like you just don't like WoW. And since high level M+ is basically 5 man raids, your even quite picky in your 'love' of raiding.
    Yeah, you are right, I admit I need to rethink my priorities with my time and if WoW is for me. Right now I am speechless cause you were so spot on.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I think there are some serious problems that need addressing with M+, especially in regards to some affixes. the raider.io scoring system should be implemented in the armory, rather than a leader board, so things like highest + completed, number of times completed a dungeon on each +, best time, etc. Utility and survival differences between classes and specs really start to show themselves at higher levels. My guildmate was telling me about a +19 or 20 BRH on tyrannical and they ended up having to use two BRs, and two shaman ankhs on the last boss because no matter when they did (surival legendaries, personal CDs, etc) it's just impossible to survive the shadowbolt before the buff. Even the spider boss on tyrannical at higher levels becomes insanely hard as a class without strong survival CDs and mobility. Without the ability to break that tangled web very fast you will die because it's doing 2m+ damage a second, and it's on two players. Some of the first and second affixes are practically ignoble, while others turn the dungeon into a nightmare and make you just want to skip the week. That really needs addressing. Later dungeons added in the expansion shouldn't be harder than the release dungeons in M+.

Quote Originally Posted by henkish View Post
    M+ is the single one thing that makes Legion great. Legendaries, titanforging, shitty raids, boring class design, poor writing - it all doesn't really matter in the end and Legion will be remembered as the birth of mythic plus. It's not going anywhere.

The one thing I would like to see added is seasonal rewards. Think pvp seasons, with gladiator mounts and titles etc. That would be neat.
    Funny thing is Mythic + without titanforging probably wouldn't work. Very few would be running the dungeons without a loot incentive. Because you can't really have mythic + dungeons dropping mythic raiding ilvl gear by default, or ouch for the mythic raiding community.

Deleted
    it definetly needs more t3 affixes and maybe adding even t4 affixes