Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    i love them please dont take em away

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    No, just give them a place in both factions.
    That will be difficult given that horde can't even give them single seat.

Deleted
    No
    /10chars

I saw Pandaren in the Alliance video, but not in the Horde one.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    no one actually mentioned genocide. but garrosh still wanted to conquer that continent and we know from how he tried conquering other places that his methods were going to involve unprovoked violent subjugation.

also then he did try to enact several genocides all at once but that was later and the rebellion started then.
    The Pandaren never joined the Horde because of Garrosh, they joined the portion of the Horde that ended up rebelling against Garrosh. And because they were part of that rebellion, they are now invested in the new, post Garrosh Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That will be difficult given that horde can't even give them single seat.
    Exactly.
    /10 characters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Man those epilogue cinematics bummed me out. The Horde one was great and I loved the conversation and contempt Baine and Saurfang had for Gallywix, but what the fuck was up with the Alliance one? It was just...lame.

They could have at least had Velen and a few of the major dwarves make an appearance or get a line of dialogue.
    I thought it was an interesting comparison/contrast. The Alliance one has a popular king giving an inspiring speech to citizens from every race in the Alliance and being cheered for it. The Horde one has Sylvanas allowing Baine to speak, without much enthusiasm on her part (she gestures as if she doesn't really care). When Baine lifts his mug and cheers "For the Horde!" Sylvanas is the only one at the table not to join in. Maybe this last part is meant to heighten the moment we all know is coming (BfA cinematic) when she will emphatically shout those words. Maybe that's why Saurfang and the others will be so inspired when that finally happens.

no. i'd rather they moved them all to horde. i freaking hate pandas
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    They're definitely more chill and sophisticated than furious and tribal.

They need a character redesign imo. I don't think people would hate them if they looked cool/sexy, but what do I know.
    Fem pandaren are thicc. I'd hit it

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Can't really have an expansion called Mist of Pandaria without introducing pandaren as a playable race.
    I respectfully disagree. Pandaren could have remained NPCs all along. We didn't get Frost Dwarves for WotLK, either. I think it was rather the addition of Monks that would have really made the lack of Pandas lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Setting aside the merits of your post for a moment, why did you not capitalize any sentences?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Because the horde was the leaders who took part in stopping the legion while the alliance was a press conference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    just get rid of them all
    This pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    The Horde chooses to follow a Warchief. That's an active decision they make. A real "change" would be to create a council that approves the Warchief's decisions or abolish the Warchief position entirely and replace it. Another option could be to change the way the Warchief is selected. There are a number of real changes the Horde could put into place to avoid falling into a dictatorship again.
    Were you under teh impression it ever was a democracy?

Thrall was nice and green jesus and everything... but he was the dictator of his Horde and his word was law, or how would you denote the supreme leader of a faction who has no real restraint aside from themselves?

edit:

also nice to see it's not simply about a change, but a change you approve of. Apparently outing supreme leader and going against every notion previously established just wasn't enough.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2018-01-18 at 04:56 PM.

Why?

Because x person feels like it?

How about this: People that feel that way, get over themselves. As someone with 2 Pandaren Horde characters, I'd like to keep them as they are. Thanks.

The alliance vid only showed Shaw, Genn, and Anduin for named characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    The alliance vid only showed Shaw, Genn, and Anduin for named characters.
    But all the races were seen in the video, most of them NPCs from around Stormwind. Horde cinematic left out Pandaren altogether. And Horde cinematic was only Sylvanas and Gallywix for last part, just as Alliance was only Anduin, Genn, and Mathias.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    Because the horde was the leaders who took part in stopping the legion while the alliance was a press conference.
    Oh? Baine took part in stopping the Legion? Guess I missed that part. And Gallywix? Was he there beside Magni after we downed Aggrammar? So much fire maybe I missed him too.

But all the races were seen in the video, most of them NPCs from around Stormwind. Horde cinematic left out Pandaren altogether. And Horde cinematic was only Sylvanas and Gallywix for last part, just as Alliance was only Anduin, Genn, and Mathias.
    That also has something to do with the chosen settings... public speaking event OR close door meeting among individuals of power.

edit:
    that mass of npc's may as well have been decoration for all it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Were you under teh impression it ever was a democracy?

Thrall was nice and green jesus and everything... but he was the dictator of his Horde and his word was law, or how would you denote the supreme leader of a faction who has no real restraint aside from themselves?

edit:

also nice to see it's not simply about a change, but a change you approve of. Apparently outing supreme leader and going against every notion previously established just wasn't enough.
    Of course I want them to make a positive change, not just change for change sake. The Horde citizens are helpless against the power of their own Warchief. They've put themselves into that situation. They CHOOSE to GIVE the Warchief that much power. They can simply build restraints into the system they created.

The Horde rebelled and "changed" before falling right back into the same status quo that allowed Garrosh to rise up. Now they've put Sylvanas into power and her previous track record is even more questionable than his.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Deleted
    Pandaren make way more sense with the Horde actually.

1. Chen helped found Orgrimmar.
    2. Chen saved Vol'Jin after the assassination attempt.
    3. Chen aided Thrall and Vol'jin against the Korkron.
    4. The Pandaren we play as are from the wandering Isle, NOT from Pandaria. They are meant to have wanderlust and fire in their hearts. Not stuck being castle walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Pandaren make way more sense with the Horde actually.

1. Chen helped found Orgrimmar.
    2. Chen saved Vol'Jin after the assassination attempt.
    3. Chen aided Thrall and Vol'jin against the Korkron.
    Chen is not the leader of the Pandaren or something like that tho, Just a monk with a somewhat questionable reputation.