Well, if you consider hte crucible a melting pot of the intelligence of all the other races the reapers have eaten, while they burn all sentient life in the fire of their lasers you could make the first one work :P

Anyway, just thinking if the red ending is you refusing the indoctrination and your military strength is high enough for you to survive... does that mean the reapers would sue for peace since your military strength is apparently pushing them back and you are proving that the biologicals (and geth, if you recruited them) have the strength of arms and will to not be killed by their creations? Is that the first DLC? Trying to strike a peace with the reapers, and having both reaper and biological groups refuse, and you having to convince/subdue the protestors for the sake of the galaxy? Whatever I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Oh I'm definitely believing the indoctrination theory. I've been starting to, mmm.. accept it the more I look into it. I started reading about it on this thread and I've watched a couple of videos with more in-depth explanations. It just makes more and more sense to me! I'm just saying that if this is what BioWare planned all along it has been implemented pretty damn good. As some people put it: it would be the "biggest troll in gaming history" if it proves to be true.
    While I do think the indoctrination part would be a cool part of the game if there really was a real ending afterwards I can't agree that it would be well-handled by Bioware. The Mass Effect games are the only games that have been so good and story driven in today's world of mostly online multiplayer games that I skipped half a night's sleep just to finish the game without breaking the atmosphere it had built up towards the end. Having a break of possibly months between the citadel and the real ending is really not a great gaming experience.

Still though, better then this lousy excuse of an ending we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post

here - all explained: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbghjn7_Byc[/url]

why am I getting error that this is too short of a message?
    When i see all the clues I can't help but think that bioware did a great job and that it's all just too much to be random stuff. I think they ll give us what we want and they had it good all along, maybe a lot of us reacted to quick by getting mad and that indeed, we have no idea what they are planning for us !!!

I can only hope But if it ends up being true, i ll respect bioware because it was very nice a subtle. Lets hope it is true !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    While I do think the indoctrination part would be a cool part of the game if there really was a real ending afterwards I can't agree that it would be well-handled by Bioware. The Mass Effect games are the only games that have been so good and story driven in today's world of mostly online multiplayer games that I skipped half a night's sleep just to finish the game without breaking the atmosphere it had built up towards the end. Having a break of possibly months between the citadel and the real ending is really not a great gaming experience.

Still though, better then this lousy excuse of an ending we have now.
    I mean well-played as in... hmm, how to say it. That they caused all this ruckus all over the internet without giving out the "real ending". If it proves to be true it was well-played on that matter. I'm not saying that they've handled this very well overall, though. I mean I've talked with a few people on this thread that the ending(s) still might've caused a lot of the most loyal fans to abandon spaceship already. It's great if they have something planned already but if they make the fans wait for that "something" for ages they might not be coming back. There has been a ton of hints (Twitter comments, BioWare "statements", the iOS app has a little teaser as well) but nothing has been confirmed yet. I get it that they want to have a lot of people finishing the game before they address the issues but there's a limit to how long people are willing to wait for it.

EDIT: This iOS application is just too much fun. I'm not sure does this count as something worth spoiler-tagging (again) but meh...

[url]http://i.imgur.com/Gu8US.jpg[/url]

Garrus wasn't really amused about my shooting skills after I missed the shot on purpose. :'<
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-03-16 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    Which usually provided enough fuel for travelling the particular cluster you were in. No where near enough to travel across galaxy.
    For a frigate like the Normandy.

And that ME 3: Final Hour stuff was done for me the minute, they were seemingly in consensus with photoshopping a picture from gettyimages for Tali.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Ok, so: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNJvtmkU9nM[/url] <- (Spoilers in case you're a newbie and dunno what the black box is)
    Now why the heck was that scene removed? It would've made the ending waaay more emotional - in my opinion.

ಠ_ಠ
    they decided that they wanted them to survive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Info on the upcoming DLC

Deleted
    Awwwh, a cake that Wrex has baked! That alone would make the happiest ending ever. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Info on the upcoming DLC
    Just wanted to quickly mention that it's from Penny Arcade. (I know that it's part of the image's link, just mentioned it for those who are too lazy to check. :P)

I think Garrus was being sarcastic in that pic. And about this whole ME3 ending thing, well I've learned my lesson. Buy games two-three months after release.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    See, that's the thing - it could happen. I won't argue that.

It's still not justification, though. I can't show up at someone's house, kill them, and then tell the police that it's okay because they could have became a mass murderer.

They're playing judge, jury, and executioner over a crime that hasn't even been committed yet - and [I]my[/I] Shepard wouldn't be having that bullshit.
    But the Reapers are just following their programming aren't they? Or do the Reapers have free will?

Hey guys,

at the moment I am sitting at 6952 TMS with an imported savegame (full paragon route, a few assignments from ME 1 missing) right before the Cerberus base during my NG+ 2nd playthrough. I am at 6187 EMS and will push it to 100% readiness to get the best possible result for me. I intend to destroy the Reapers because the current theories seem to support it is the most feasible choice to pick. I have retrieved all assets, scavanged all assets and completed all side mission. The ones buggy on release seem to have been fixed as I write this. But even at 6187 EMS, my chances of success are still "even". Anyone gotten over 7000 EMS and noticed a change?

I will post any results for what they are worth.

But the Reapers are just following their programming aren't they? Or do the Reapers have free will?
    Depends. If they have access to their core-programming and no behavioral blocks, they would have, like EDI. Though it seems unlikely, as it would require an insurmountable willpower to continue such a cycle without any hesitation or mercy. Then again, I measure with human standards. EDIs behavior is most likely a result of high amount exposure to human emotion.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    doesnt star kid control them? since he/they/it states thats what they do? them seem just like machines that do what theyre told, because theres not a reaper who is "hmm but isnt this mass genocide we do every 50k years maybe a little wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Hey guys,

at the moment I am sitting at 6952 TMS with an imported savegame (full paragon route, a few assignments from ME 1 missing) right before the Cerberus base during my NG+ 2nd playthrough. I am at 6187 EMS and will push it to 100% readiness to get the best possible result for me. I intend to destroy the Reapers because the current theories seem to support it is the most feasible choice to pick. I have retrieved all assets, scavanged all assets and completed all side mission. The ones buggy on release seem to have been fixed as I write this. But even at 6187 EMS, my chances of success are still "even". Anyone gotten over 7000 EMS and noticed a change?

Depends. If they have access to their core-programming and no behavioral blocks, they would have, like EDI. Though it seems unlikely, as it would require an insurmountable willpower to continue such a cycle without any hesitation or mercy. Then again, I measure with human standards. EDIs behavior is most likely a result of high amount exposure to human emotion.
    I believe the threshold for the "best" ending is 5000.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Hey guys,

You'll get the tagged on shepard breathing prerendered screen at the end,in addition to destorying the reapers and the red beam goodness the last reported ending is over 5k(or 4k with some collector base importt or summit) theres been no reports on anything different over that

On the topic of space travel without Mass Relays: in the very first explanation you get about them in Mass Effect, the guy very clearly states "Without the Mass Relays, interstellar travel would be impossible". Sure there's FTL, but that can only get you so far, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    On the topic of space travel without Mass Relays: in the very first explanation you get about them in Mass Effect, the guy very clearly states "Without the Mass Relays, interstellar travel would be impossible". Sure there's FTL, but that can only get you so far, literally.
    The Protheans did manage to crack the secrets behind them. There's no reason why the asari, since they're currently the most advanced race, shouldn't be able to do the same in time. Or develop some other form of fast interstellar travel. There has got to be survivors since Thessia was only hit a short time before the Crucible was fired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The Protheans did manage to crack the secrets behind them. There's no reason why the asari, since they're currently the most advanced race, shouldn't be able to do the same in time. Or develop some other form of fast interstellar travel. There has got to be survivors since Thessia was only hit a short time before the Crucible was fired.
    wouldnt Thessia be gone? i thought in Arrival when mass relays go kaboom they destory the entire system like a supernova, isnt thessia in a system with a Mass relay? so it and any other planets would be gone?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    wouldnt Thessia be gone? i thought in Arrival when mass relays go kaboom they destory the entire system like a supernova, isnt thessia in a system with a Mass relay? so it and any other planets would be gone?
    In Arrival you flung an asteroid at it, causing it to overload with unreleased energy. At the end of this game however, the energy is released as a wave of destruction/control/synthesis. The relays are still destroyed, but the excess energy has already been shed.

I was reading the indoctrination theory and one thing didnt make sense, if you choose control which in the theory means shepard surrendered to harbinger and lost became fully indoctrinated why did the reapres leave earth? Why not just wtfpwn the whole galaxy since there is no more threat to them?