Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryHippo View Post
    But if you remove the daily requirements people might actually realise how shallow Mists is in terms of content!
    I think flavor/vanity items are the things that should be tied behind rep. like the tigers, and so on. if you make cool items, people will grind for them. like frostsabers or w/e.

if you make enough of these items that people want, people will still do dailies for them. I just think valor gear should be separate entirely. cause if you dont want to do dailies on alts, basically you are using valor on upgrades solely.

why did they change the cata system? regardless of your opinion on the expansion as a whole, getting valor items wasnt a long process with a gate. got 1250vp? you can buy a ring right away. also, JP items were useful and JP was easier to get, but thats another topic. it's a gate (rep) on top of another gate (valor, which has a lower cap this xpac), which seems unneccesary.

I see no reason to gate access to vp items other than forcing people to do dailies. no, you dont need them, but in cata this was a non-issue. you just went to the vendor and spent your valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Back in my days, we had to do stuff to be rewarded.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Purples are still too easy to obtain. I am in LFR with never doing any rep quests on my alt. I have received 2 purples in 2 weeks on my alt. I can't get into the second raid yet. With my current gear, I could easily do the normal version of MV.

If you want to do dailies, then do them. If not, then you don't have to. I don't do dailies on alts.

Valor gear requiring reputation is a non-issue now. Raiders should be spending their valor on gear upgrades, and non-raiders have a way to progress their character still.

Now what needs addressed is 45 dailies required by raiders each week. Charms go a long way to solve the 10 man vs 25 man gear imbalance, but making them only available through daily quests was absolutely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Back in my days, games were supposed to be fun. And I don't find doing chores as fun.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2012-12-17 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Back in my days, games were supposed to be fun. And I don't find doing chores as fun.
    Then don't do them. Basically your argument is that you want the reward, but don't want to put in the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Valor gear requiring reputation is a non-issue now. Raiders should be spending their valor on gear upgrades, and non-raiders have a way to progress their character still.

Now what needs addressed is 45 dailies required by raiders each week. Charms go a long way to solve the 10 man vs 25 man gear imbalance, but making them only available through daily quests was absolutely stupid.

Back in my days, games were supposed to be fun. And I don't find doing chores as fun
    back in my days and probebly also yours we just quite the game instead of whining at the forum.

if you don't like to do daily. but find the need to do them some who. just leave the game for this expension. and give blizzard the reason why you unsubscipe. but qq at a fan based forum ain't going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I dont want things handed to me.

but having to grind rep just for the right to SPEND your valor points, is dumb.

it's like..oh cool, I got 2000 valor points. I'd sure love to spend them, but I cant unless I do all these daily quests! this is more of an issue for alts than anything, most people are using them on upgrades, but alts in blues dont have valor items to upgrade yet.

if rep is required for items, make the items cost gold. and put the valor items on another vendor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    I dont want things handed to me.

but having to grind rep just for the right to SPEND your valor points, is dumb.

it's like..oh cool, I got 2000 valor points. I'd sure love to spend them, but I cant unless I do all these daily quests!

if rep is required for items, make the items cost gold. and put the valor items on another vendor.
    That's what we had in WotLK and Cata. But the itemlevel was lower. The VP stuff is a much better reward.

I'm not even sure what Blizzs plans on JP and VP are in the future. Didn't they want to exclusively use it for item upgrades in the future anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    The person I was replying to stated that you can purchase the gear without doing faction quests. It's perfectly reasonable that I ask them to explain how. I'm still waiting to hear how, I am genuinely curious.
    Buy/farm them peace pipes.

OT: I can agree with this topic, on the day valor gear becomes mandatory.

I would be happy if they would make all reps you own on your characters are shared to your alts so you wouldn't need to farm those stupid dailies forever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    whats pointless is having a rep requirement just to spend valor points.

the cata system was fine. valor vendor, and rep vendors for your ramkahen camels/other vanity items, and an epic at exalted to buy with gold.

it worked. this new system just forces you to do stuff you dont want to. I could do 5 mans and get rep. I dont even hate dailies, I just hate that stuff is locked behind revered rep in some cases. cause the rep requirement, is pointless.

in short, it's a flawed system that forces you to do dailies just to spend currency. imagine having a rep requirement to use the auction house. wouldnt that be silly?
    No, Cata system was NOT fine. It was way too quick - get a tabard on and clear instances for rep kinda defeats the purpose of having a rep in the first place.
    People would just strap on a tabard and would get gear from heroics and rep at the same time. It was like "oh, I hit exalted, great... next tabard..."

Cata system was the chief reason we saw alts spawning all over the place in the first place (sic) - everything was way too quick. Which is why most people rolled alts. If you want to do stuff in parallel with 4 or 5 chars, maybe there is a priority problem in the first place.

Regarding dailies, again: you don't need to do them. With an alt now, you can get access to quite a few items from leveling quests alone (SP honored, Klaxxi Revered) and 2 more from very basic work (GL honored and Dominance Offensive honored). If it is hard, then I don't know what is easy. You don't need VP items to go even in a normal raid, you don't need stellar reps for most crafting professions (GL honored takes 4 days to do on an alt, very hard stuff)
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    I honestly liked the TBC system best. But MoP is also fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    You can earn valor other ways than dailies. You cannot however spend that valor (on gear) without dailies. That's the OP's issue.
    My issue with the OP was this: a currency you primarily get from raiding

Valor gear is not meant for raiders, they get raid gear. And with valor they can upgrade this gear.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    if your raiding, you dont need valour gear really. spend valour on upgrades instead. the only time you need valour gear is on alts that dont raid really.

From what I can remember, the original idea for 5.1 is that all you alts would gain Revered status, if you gained Exalted status on 1 character. I could have missread that, but I'm quiet sure this was the original idea.

Although, I dont really care for gearing up my alts at the moment. It is kind of weird that you gain a decent amount of valor by doing LFR, Scenario's and Dungeons, but there is no way of spending it (ok, upgrades), if you dont do the daily grind again on your alt. Which I can totally understand, enough is enough.

I think Valor gear should be more appealing for Alts then it is now. An alt is not worth spending 2 hours a day doing dailies. The problem is for most (raiding) people, that they hardly used any valor on valorgear. But for those 1-2 alts, who arent raiding often, it would be a big welcome if they could profit from the rep gained by the main.

Deleted
    This is getting silly... I remember being thrilled about one epic item, now we swim in them, and after a cpl of lfrs the valor gear isn't even that attractive + you get such a big repboost with the boostitem you can buy, i am revered with over 5 characters, took me no time at all, stop whining!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Just imagine the whine from PvPers if conquest gear suddenly got reputation requirements, and it should be obvious why raiders are upset. It's not a case of "we can't have everything". It's a case of "we can't have the stuff we've had since TBC any more".
    difference is, we get gear from raiding. doing arena does not reward you with gear. doing pvp ONLY rewards you with currency. raiding rewards you with gear AND currency, to allow us to use both to gear up easliy would be unfair to pvp'ers. also, valour gear is not the best pve gear whereas conquest gear is the best pvp gear. its completely different

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yes, the system is dumb. It works fine if you have one char, or maybe two, but if you are playing and (lfr) raiding four or more chars a week doing dailies on all of them is completely out of the question. It was perfectly possible to gear all 10 classes before mop, right now this seems quit impossible.

But if you have read the developers interviews, then you probably have noticed that they are aware of this problem and working on a solution. They wanted to make sure you always have something to do on your main, but it is a complete overkill if you have a bunch of alts.
    And how did you gear your 10 classes before mop?

Raids/LFR? So It's still possible...

As several has mentioned, you can just upgrade your gear.
    I got my warlock to lvl 90, and i've never been very fond of questing, and always disliked dailies.
    So how do i want to gear this pathetic little guy up? I go into instances. I'm usually a tank but was pretty suprised with how short the queue is as dps. It has been 5-12 minutes so far. Hardly a problem. First run i got shoulders. Next 11 runs i didn't get anything but got valor/justice.
    Upgraded the shoulders before i hit justice cap. Got a peice in 13th run, which i upgraded and one in 15th i upgraded.
    Now i've even been unlucky, but it's going the right way.

I'll wait for a group to kill sha of anger, so i can get my free epic boots, which i probably won't upgrade unless i hit valor-cap.
    Some few more peices and i can go into lfr. Probably tomorrow. Even if i'm unlucky in lfr it will have to be 4 weeks with bad luck before i don't get to upgrade anything. That would cap me from 250 valor. 4*1000 valor.. and then 750 used at the boots if the rng hates me.
    If i should get to that point i buy some crafted epic, like a robe, or gloves, which to be fair is really really cheap on AH. That's some weeks more.

I even got klaxxi to revered, from questing in the area, because of the rep-bonus. So there's gear to buy there.
    Overall you have more than 2 months with not a single peice of gear dropping for you, and you will have valor to spend all the time.

I don't see the problem. If i'm running for 2 months, and no gear drop, i'dd rather make a vent-post about the rng hating me, than blizzard not respecting the extremly low amount of people that don't get gear in 2 months.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Guess what, raid gear is better than valor gear so you really don't need valor gear from repvendors.
    you will need some pieces to meet the ilvl req. for lfr, full hc dungeon gear won't get you in there and by now not many guilds will be willing to carry blue alts thru normal raids to gear them up, could ofc buy ah crap to boost ilvl if people have gold to trow away.
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2012-12-17 at 01:50 PM.