Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I'm not so sure about these racials being so great... If anything, I believe this is the first time we are getting racials that are outright useless for some classes, like Nightborne damage racial only applies to casters or Void Elf cast pushback.
    Yeah, exactly. People always think of a best-case scenario, and never think about the realities with this sort of thing. I guarantee we'll hear about them being too weak once they're live.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Melee blink sounds incredible, as do Highmountain for any tank/ plate melee role where you might want to soak a bit o' damage.

Nothing announced about BfA had me really wanting to play again, but these racials sound really cool and are certainly enticing.

Wonder what Dwarves & Trolls will get.
    I bet Dark Iron dwarves are getting 2 hearthstones.

Mole machine just looks and sounds like it's going to be a Hearthstone as a racial ability, separate from the one they already get in their bag!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Seriously, some of those racial abilities are ridiculous. Nightborne's especially good.
    You sure about that? +1% magic damage done is comparable to what a number of other races already have, if you're playing a mage, warlock or shadow priest and the worst throughput racial in the game if you're playing a rogue, warrior, hunter, monk or healing priest.

-1% magic damage taken is a lot better than most resistance racials, but that's still overall pretty minor and I'm not really convinced that a short range invisibility remover on a cast time is anything othre than a gimmick.

Deleted
    Seriously, some of those racial abilities are ridiculous. Nightborne's especially good.

Compare it to half the races on live, safe to say Blizz is tweaking these racials down before live or buffing racials across the board.
    With no real content to speak of at the launch, SOMETHING has to sell this incoming WoD 2.0

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Half price mogging is giving the people what they want. Best racial confirmed.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I don't think most people realize that spell pushback immunity isn't going to be terribly useful. AoE/Direct spells/Direct abilities doesn't cause spell pushback, so it's really only good in pvp and against open world things that melee/autoswing at you.

I don't think Nightborne racials are that OP. Some are pretty useless, and neither gives any big advantage to begin with.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I don't know about you, but a melee with blink is way better than a melee, who gets to run faster while dead... or something like that.
    But what about a melee with a root/snare escape? A melee with debuff immunity? A melee with passive stun reduction? A melee with 10% haste buff?

Goblins already have a psuedo blink, but you don't see melee characters race-changing to goblin do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    I bet you the Lightforged damage racial ability ends up being the new old Gift of the Naaru, aka imperceptible

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    So a blink then
    Blink and transcendance are two completely different abilities.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the first video of a Void Elf warrior using his teleport on top of a Warlock teleport and blinking to one shot him. It also means melee won't lose any time on targets from knockbacks and things like that. I think it sounds plenty OP. Every single bear and prot warrior will be HM Tauren as well, that flat and passive damage reduction will add up to massive amounts. I'd imagine it being pretty damn strong against fast auto attackers in pvp as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    race change ($$$)
    This mostly, specially serious arena players who all rolled human since ages and didn't leave it yet
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

So far i haven't seen any "OP" racial...they are just new, take a minute and look again at orcs, humans, blood elves, dwarves...all of them have powerful racials.

Fireblood sounds to me like a self dispel, which would be amazing for a class that can't inherently do such a thing
    -1% Fire damage taken, I bet.

For the Mole machine maybe it's a Hearthstone but only to Ironforge or whatever their little hub will be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I'll stick to my normal draenei's heal and primary stat increase over dying to explode.
    I hope at least it stays as it is. I'm not hyped for the new (sub)races the slightest.

I think it's just you.

They really aren't, they instantly teleport you, the only difference is that you need a set up transendance (which is instant), but any good monk does that before the fight even starts
    "Instantly teleport you".

Okay, then running wild and whatever is the name of what nelfs have is the same? They're both speed increase, right? Only one is passive 1% and one is a sprint.

Transcendance makes you go through walls on a pre-set spot taht is quite visible by the enemy. Blink is a teleport few yards forward, goblin rocket jump is a "blink" if you want to find similarities.

Compare it to half the races on live, safe to say Blizz is tweaking these racials down before live or buffing racials across the board.
    Just you... Human diplomacy is still the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    It'll be even scummier than that. They'll release allied races with OP racials in order to incentivize mass race changing, and after a couple of months they'll nerf said racials to the ground to "balance things out".
    Blizzard is quite scummy, aren’t they?

They OBVIOUSLY have no problem with EXTREME class imbalance on a core level, so ya, they are pretty sellout/greedy/scummy imo.

Blizzard, if you make the game a pile of shit.....then it’s a pile of shit OK......since that’s how reality works YO!!! Just please don’t try and act like the game is good now, since that’s absurd and INSULTUNG to those of us with a brain who value challenge in games.....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-12-04 at 07:37 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

You dare insult the Void elf master passive of REDUCED TRANSMOG COST?Have you any idea how broken this is for faction balance?