Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

I do not think you are good enough for this to "destroy you" Its' not like you were playing in WF guilds anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by SwislocK View Post
    I do not think you are good enough for this to "destroy you" Its' not like you were playing in WF guilds anyways.
    This is a good point, and something I thought of yesterday after I read the nerfs and had the knee-jerk reaction of, "WTF, I'm being nerfed!" Unless you are someone who consistently parses legendary rankings, what you (and myself too obviously) should be spending time focusing on isn't these nerfs. It's how to improve your game play so you're closer and closer to the theoretical max output for your spec. Speaking personally, I tend to parse blue/purple most of the time with a sprinkling of 95+, so I know that I've got room to grow mechanically before this "nerf" really becomes the limiting factor for me.

Could always be worse right? You could be playing Outlaw...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    This is a good point, and something I thought of yesterday after I read the nerfs and had the knee-jerk reaction of, "WTF, I'm being nerfed!" Unless you are someone who consistently parses legendary rankings, what you (and myself too obviously) should be spending time focusing on isn't these nerfs. It's how to improve your game play so you're closer and closer to the theoretical max output for your spec. Speaking personally, I tend to parse blue/purple most of the time with a sprinkling of 95+, so I know that I've got room to grow mechanically before this "nerf" really becomes the limiting factor for me.

Could always be worse right? You could be playing Outlaw...
    But I needed the overpoweredness of this spec just to get into the top rankings of guild runs!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vipala View Post
    Yep. Choo Choo. What nerfs???

https://m.imgur.com/wMygDpt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yep. Choo Choo. What nerfs???

https://m.imgur.com/wMygDpt
    Why are sims broken for my char ?
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...8q8W8akzPsxuxf

Quote Originally Posted by Lehaduhams View Post
    It doesn't pull in your crucible settings. Go to the relic compare tab and set the tier2/3 values.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/relic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by severan View Post
    It doesn't pull in your crucible settings. Go to the relic compare tab and set the tier2/3 values.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/relic
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...C8ceP46rWKEwf4

Much better thanks )

Deleted
    The easiest thing is to use the simc add-on to import your char in raidbot

Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    Whats their to google, affliction has had little to no presence in the top end guilds this expansion during the progression race. That despite the fact the spec has been overpowered for most of the 2nd half the expansion. Its just affliction scaling problem, that forces them to nerf affliction every time mythic comes out, then spec sees little to no use in those next couple of weeks when all first kills happen. Then affliction gears up, goes past everyone and the cycle repeats.
    Clearly you haven't looked at wowprogress at all, because every single guild that is even in contention for world first in Antorus has brought 2 Affliction Warlocks, with as many as 5 on Coven. Now that I think about it, they were also brought in Nighthold because of how absolutely busted they were. This whole "they nerf aff so they don't get brought to Mythic in the first few weeks" idea is completely and utterly wrong and you should do better research before spouting off on something you know literally nothing about.

The 10% to MG (80% to 70%) in Nighthold was pretty much as minuscule as the nerf that they just received, and even WITH the nerfs, they are still on top. It's around a 1.7% dps difference on ST between 930 t20 4pc and 960 t21 4pc(t21 being higher).

Clearly you need to either play better or whoever is your raid leader needs to not be an ape and realize that Aff locks are busted right now.

Deleted
    If you look into those logs they hardly tell too much. From the parses gathered you'll notice that Affliction's busted on Dogs and Eonar. Probably on Coven too.
    This is what brings them way out of line. On most other bosses, while still really strong they're by no mean outrageous. Warlocks are just extremely consistent but pull far ahead because of specific encounters. Mainly due to Absolute Corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadandlivin View Post
    If you look into those logs they hardly tell too much. From the parses gathered you'll notice that Affliction's busted on Dogs and Eonar. Probably on Coven too.
    This is what brings them way out of line. On most other bosses, while still really strong they're by no mean outrageous. Warlocks are just extremely consistent but pull far ahead because of specific encounters. Mainly due to Absolute Corruption.
    Aff is not busted on Coven, Dogs, or Eonar...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadandlivin View Post
    Muh absolute corruption boogeyman

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Considering method, limit and exorsus stacked aff locks and sps for coven, yeah, theyre broken on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Have you even looked at the stats? Though sure it depends on your definition of busted.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Considering method, limit and exorsus stacked aff locks and sps for coven, yeah, theyre broken on that fight.
    Eh, to me busted ,means it doesnt work/bad and broken is the term used for OP/too good and so on. Thats how I've always seen the terms used. So if you were using busted in place of broken then ok I can agree with that.

Does that mean every ST spec they stacked on pure ST fights makes those classes busted?
    Great logic, I guess every class is busted then.

Deleted
    Why do people post All Bosses like it's meaningful?

W ehad the same bullshit with Sargeras, where Afflocks bent the stats way out of shape by doing stuff like using everlasting corruption on the Desolate Host boss. The conclusion from the individual bosses is that affliction is extremely powerful on certain bosses and middle to lower pack on others, and that Blizz have done exactly as predicted when they shifted damage back into the dots, which is to recreate the problem that's been around forever, i.e. multidot classes that have even half-decent single target damage go insane when they have more than one target.

If they nerfed aff to bring it "inline" with council type fights, it would be terrible in single target. Exactly the same problem they have with shadow priests.

- - - Updated - - -

No more than the exceptional single target classes they stack for single target fights. "busted" means doing double what the next guy down does or using some sort of exploit.

Neithe ris happening. Why are you suprised at WF mythic guild stacking the most powerful classes in their initial race, on a boss by boss basis?

Most guilds will not do this as they willnot have so many players with so many alts that are geared so it is irrelevent to like 99% of the playerbase. Aff was just the same on Sargeras with several encounters, which was balanced by it being notably poorer in several others in which other classes were excpetionally good.

Just as Blizz said, they have dumped the "bring the player not the class" ethod, and have implemented what they also said: they want some classes to be exceptional in specific fights, with this changing to different classes over different fights.

I'd also add that affliction is a master of pad damage, particularly via everlasting corruption. THis is not necessarily meaningful or even helpfull damage, in fact it can be harmful if a player has as his only goal topping meters and runs around dotting everything when it is much more important to kill a priority add that is shredding your tanks, exhausting your healers or which will wipe the raid if it reaches the boss style of thing.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-12-10 at 09:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    I'd also add that affliction is a master of pad damage, particularly via everlasting corruption. THis is not necessarily meaningful or even helpfull damage, in fact it can be harmful if a player has as his only goal topping meters and runs around dotting everything when it is much more important to kill a priority add that is shredding your tanks, exhausting your healers or which will wipe the raid if it reaches the boss style of thing.
    I hear this alot and it irritates me somewhat, especially with Antorus, however i do agree in some cases in TOS, i.e DI, AC on the down cage add and on the avatar maiden etc. But in Antorus there is real difference between "padding" i.e focusing on just dotting for the sake of meter position and smart use of your toolkit to maximise uptime on dots, which are totally relevant because those targets must die eventually without detriment to the plan. A good example currently is High Command where the pyromancer must be interrupted and die asap. Now padding would be in my eyes ignoring this add and dotting up the others right??

That's not the case if its done right tho. I pre-cast a seed on 1.5s left on the BW timer for the adds to spawn so its mid air, then when they spawn it procs corruption on them i cycle agony on the other two and finish on the pyromancer take the first interrupt and continue to dps with the raid. Now if you were to look at my damage distribution on the meter you would see a very high dot uptime on the adds, probably even higher than someone individually dotting and "padding" as my method is more efficient, but to the untrained eye i can bet you 1000g that i would be accused of "padding" when actually what i am doing is smart play because those adds also need to die before phase two as if they dont you will have shit loads up just bladestorming the whole raid as you stack under the shield. Not to mention every shard generated by agony goes back into the boss and as long as that damage is not to the detriment of the raid, it is not "padding".

I cant think of one fight in Antorus atm where affliction needlessly pads, it is all relevant damage, its just how the player executes that damage in relation to the tactics for the encounter that counts...................mind you thats what separates the good locks from the bad ones IMO.

Let's define "padding":

-killing adds that does not need to die
    -dpsing the boss (or other adds) when something important needs to die
    -killing adds before the timeframe they need to die (like on Mistress)
    -standing in one spot turret-mode while some mechanic needs to be done (soak, stack, spread, etc)
    -turret dps'ing instead of helping the raid (with soulstones, putting down gateway etc)

My only question is the relative damage of the Warlock toolkit.

How much boss/important damage you lose/gain if you dot up 1-2-X targets simultaenously?
    Even dropping an UA to a not-important add can give you bonus VIP damage if the mob dies and you get your shard back.
    Putting Agony on an add that lasts only X seconds? What chance do you have to get a shard from that Agony?
    Adding the damage of tick 1+2+3+4+5+6 is greater than drain souling your primary target without factoring in the shards?
    Lots of questions.