Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Discounting Small Ones, I mean big ones.

:/

- - - Updated - - -

D:

...BY MY LORD SARGERAS!

...NO SCYTHE FOR YOU THEN!
    I already have it fuck you

10+ Year Old Account
    *Cough*

Planets and Watermelon's don't work well together.

That's like comparing them to a Meteor: Throw a Pebble at a Water Melon, and it wouldn't do any damage. Yet, throw a Meteor at Earth, and you'd have the Planet getting harshly damaged. Same thing goes with the Knife, and Sargeras' Sword.
    Throw a pebble at a speed relative to the ratio of Meteor/Planet scale and I can guarantee there will be catastrophic damage done to that watermelon.

Knife and sword would work as well, under the same premise, but we can't compare them because we can't express the forces at play on the high end. We can only assume what Sargeras is capable of doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discounting Small Ones, I mean big ones.

:/
    There's only one "meteorite" that did real damage to the Earth and that was the size of Mars, which created the Moon. That pulverized the Earth and re-moltened the planet. It happened billions of years ago. Even the one that killed the dinosaurs 65 million years ago didn't really do much to the Earth itself.

Either way though, it still exists. :/
    Something from a non-cannonical work can make its way into something that is cannon. It doesn't magically make the non-cannonical work cannon, and drawing lore from a non-cannonical work *even if it has things that became cannon later* is still wrong. (and as posted before, the two sword's lore is very different in cannon than the RPG)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    No. It's from the RPG. It's not canon. It doesn't count.
    Kind of like how Sargeras cleaving/stabbing Worlds and shit isn't canon either? -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait...

It is...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Throw a pebble at a speed relative to the ratio of Meteor/Planet scale and I can guarantee there will be catastrophic damage done to that watermelon.

Knife and sword would work as well, under the same premise, but we can't compare them because we can't express the forces at play on the high end. We can only assume what Sargeras is capable of doing.
    The only damage it'd cause is a small dent...

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of like how Sargeras cleaving/stabbing Worlds and shit isn't canon either? -_-

Oh wait...

It is...
    That doesn't make the image you keep linking any more canon. It doesn't even resemble any of Sargeras' canonical swords.

There's only one "meteorite" that did real damage to the Earth and that was the size of Mars, which created the Moon. That pulverized the Earth and re-moltened the planet. It happened billions of years ago. Even the one that killed the dinosaurs 65 million years ago didn't really do much to the Earth itself.
    And look how big Sargeras' Blade is...

Look how big Sargeras' Blade is in the Key Art (AKA, something i'd like to call more canon in Scale).

The way Sargeras' blade went, and force in gravity that caused should've done SO much more to the Planet. And, lore wise, it has. However, game play wise, Blizzard will NEVER pull another Cataclysm again...

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't make the image you keep linking any more canon. It doesn't even resemble any of Sargeras' canonical swords.
    Canon or Not, it's more accurate than the other Pre-Antorus/Chronicle Depictions of Sargeras in terms of both Size and Might.

Deleted

The only damage it'd cause is a small dent...
    Kinda like a real meteor.

What the fuck man.

This is the largest impact crater on Earth. Does that look like massive damage to you?

Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2018-01-10 at 12:31 AM.

It's a fantasy game, why do you care about this? It's a planet that's actually an egg, being stabbed by a planet-sized man, with a planet-sized sword. Why are you looking for realism? And why are you comparing a physical attack to an elemental attack? Deathwing didn't just fart and it broke Azeroth. He pissed off the elements and they retaliated against the world, ripping it apart. Whereas Sargeras plunged his sword into Azeroth.

Canon or Not, it's more accurate than the other Pre-Antorus/Chronicle Depictions of Sargeras in terms of both Size and Might.
    "Q: Are the Warcraft and World of Warcraft RPG books considered canon?

A: No. The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated."

It doesn't matter that Sargearas looks pretty much the same. It doesn't magically make the action cannon, unless Blizzard specifically states that image is cannon. So it can't be used to say "Well look at this time, when he did something similar".

10+ Year Old Account
    And look how big Sargeras' Blade is...

Look how big Sargeras' Blade is in the Key Art (AKA, something i'd like to call more canon in Scale).

The way Sargeras' blade went, and force in gravity that caused should've done SO much more to the Planet. And, lore wise, it has. However, game play wise, Blizzard will NEVER pull another Cataclysm again...

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. You want to talk about accurate? Do you even physics? Sargeras just being that close to a planet would tear its surface apart through tidal forces alone.

Not canon means it doesn't count. It counts as much as fan art. Blizzard disowned that image and everything in the RPG.

Lol. You want to talk about accurate? Do you even physics? Sargeras just being that close to a planet would tear its surface apart through tidal forces alone.

Not canon means it doesn't count. It counts as much as fan art. Blizzard disowned that image and everything in the RPG.
    Ehhhh....

Yeah, I agree with ya 100% on that. :/

....BLIZZARD NEEDS TO EXPLAIN THIS CINEMATIC! D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out it was secret double canon all along.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    What we got instead was a secretion of magical rocks from the earth.

The entire atmosphere would probably be filled with dirt and shit, like what happened to the dinosaurs. But hey, magic.

What i'd like to know is, what is the sword made out of? Almost looks like bones. I know at one point, though retconned, the sword was sentient.
    Given the cutscene.......I don't wanna know what it's made out of !
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if something that large pierced Earth we would all be dead, would have horrible ramifications to our ecosystem too :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-01-10 at 01:41 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Either way though, it still exists. :/

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not talking about the Chronicles....

https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Sargeras.JPG

(Yes, ik it took place in the RPG. However, he's still Planet Sized, that Sword is still that fucking size in the 7.3 Key Art, so it counts).

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine you doing that shit IRL:

DON'T TOUCH ME! I HAVE THE POWER OF BOTH THE PANTHEON AND THE LIGHT BY MY SIDE! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    You don't understand what canon means. Please stop speaking about this. You look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Eeeh... nope. The sword in the cinematic is a LOT larger than Deathwing ever was. He'd look like one of those stars compared to the sword.
    How can you say stuff like this? First you never saw deathwing fly outside azeroth for scale. Only thing we know about deathwing size and the sword size is how big they are in the game. They are about the same size. Its completely absurd to say that the sword is bigger just because it looks big in the cinematic.

This whole discussion revolves around the fact that people think the sword is the size of the planet and then resume to complain about it, ITS NOT THAT BIG.
    Last edited by Corroc; 2018-01-10 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proportions are always small in MMOs... Pandaria for example takes months and months to cross in lore. Yet we can cross it in 10 minutes.

The cinematic is the lore size. The in game version is the scaled down MMO version.
    Aye mate

Did you just use Realistic while discussing WoW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Did you just use Realistic while discussing WoW?
    Did you just not read a single word of the thread?