Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Hoggins View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if it targets the player with the lowest health or something like that, would be annoying if it only interacted differently with the 4 set, although you could probably have high uptime on it with it currently being a 100% proc rate from wild growth.
    Well based on the blue post ...

There will be some logic attached to the Restoration Druid 4-piece set bonus for it to prioritize anyone except the Druid while Ysera's Gift is healing much more frequently.
    Taken this into account ... (Outside of the 4pc WG interaction) unless the druid is full health, dreamer is only going to get applied to others in the group when YG heals them. If the druid is full health, then dreamer will probably go on the lowest health target. So a fight where the druid is constantly damage will see very little use from the 2 pc, as dreamer will never get applied to anyone else (except when 4 pc used).

After casting WG, then this new behavior kicks in, and YG will heal the lowest health target over the next 5 seconds (5 ticks) even if the druid is not full health. Still unknown though if YG will just spam heal the lowest health target, instead of prioritizing targets without Dreamer. In the latter you would get 5 dreamer hots out per WG, instead of potentially just 1 getting spam refreshed on the lowest target.

So yeah ... the strength of this set bonus really depends on how Blizzard programs it. It could be very strong or very weak.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-07-27 at 09:23 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RestoSpirit View Post
    Hey,

I have to say I dislike the setboni (atleast if you assume it will mostly heal yourself). I had some ideas for setboni, maybe some of you like them and we can sell the idea to blizz to make restodruid great again. I will categorize them in 2p and 4p since I think a 4p should always be stronger than a 2p. In my opinion setboni should be strong, they should be very impactful so it feels rewarding to finally complete your set.

2p bonus:

a) Barskin increases your healing done by 5% for its duration. (This would make a rarely used spell more relevant, yeah barskin is good and it saved me a dozen times, but you usually have 2-3 uses in short encounter and 3-4 in very long ones. Just a nice bonus which ensures you make use of your kit.)

b) When Innervate is used on yourself it lasts twice as long (Druid is very mana-dependent and we usually use our innervate for ourselves anyway, just a small buff to it.)

c) Each time Moonfire deals periodical damage it heals the nearest injured ally for the same amount.(Again something that would make more use of your kit, most druids forget to keep up moonfire cause its impact is so low.)

d) Each time you cast WG the cooldown on Ironbark is reduced by 5sec. (Boring but a small improvement to an already good cooldown.)

e) When you cast RG on a target below 30% its healing is increased by 300%.(Guess this one is more for the mythic plus people, but would certainly encourge more druids to save people from dying.)

4p bonus:

a) EoG grants you x% of z-stats (e.g. Haste or Int or Crit) for its duration. (We usually use EoG with Flourish and Velens so it's already pretty stacked, maybe not that great with the current status of Velens as the number one choice.)

b) Tranq resets the duration of all your healing over time effects. (maybe a little to good, but could be limited to WG to balance it.)

c) Each time Lifebloom would do overhealing it will jump to the nearest injured ally for its full duration. (Would pretty much make Lifebloom "fire and forget" on some fights, really strong since its smarthealing.)

d) WG is now instant. (Well I thought about that for a while, if I remember correctly WG used to be instant. Maybe this one is to hard to balance, since it has little to no gain on a patchwork fight but would be insane on a heavy movement encounter (e.g. Maiden with the Method tactic.))

e) Each time Tranq would overheal it will instead create a stacking healing absorb on the target for 25% of the value. Lasts for 15sec.(Yeah I know, f*ck absorbs, but I have to say I really liked the legendary ring in WoD and this would kind of get you the same result, maybe the numbers have to be changed to balance it.)

I know some of them might seem a little overpowered, but in the end its just a numbers game. So if you dislike a setbonus for its OPness just remember it can be tuned down. Excited to hear your opinion.

Cheers
    RestoSpirit
    all of these sound fun as fuck (probably because they feel like they could be slightly OP). Blizz, take notes!

really cant be wores than t20

The set basically makes the legendary chest mandatory and it'll be a toss up between Velen's and Soul ring. They'll probably have to buff something to make up for the loss of t19, because I doubt we're going to be able to keep up with Holy priests otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    How can you not like it? You get to be a walking healing stream totem.
    ^This. You do nothing, and heal for 3% plus 40% per spell power just by walking around? Yes please. More like a free Wild Growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundh View Post
    I like T20, but that T21 looks like garbage, also a tier bonus we can't interact with like what.
    You're insane. T20 R druid is arguably the worst tier bonus for any class/spec of this entire expansion. Its moderately decent (nothing special) on fights where you can take full advantage of it (not many) and utter garbage on fights where you can't. Look on warcraft logs and see how many druids are wearing T19. I feel really bad for resto players because having a tier set that bad feels terrible and they are at a disadvantage because of it.

Meanwhile T21 looks like it will be very strong. Not quite T19 strong, but close.
    Last edited by patrins; 2017-10-13 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capricieux View Post
    The set basically makes the legendary chest mandatory...
    No it doesn't. The chest only affects Yseras healing, not the healing done by the 2pc hot (which is by far the bulk of the healing you are getting from the set bonus).

So while the 4 set bonus makes the chest "better" than it was..it still wont be a preferred choice. Velens+ (Prydaz, or helm, or belt, or other situationaly strong legendary) will be the default options, not the chest.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2017-10-19 at 06:12 PM.

you'll definitely still want velens'; the chest might wind up being good just cause it's a big pile of stats but it might not be better than just tossing prydaz back on and saving the tier slot

I dunno why you'd think the new set would make the class ring better, it doesn't interact with sotf

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there anyone using healbot that has found out how to show the Dreamer hot from T21 on the raid frames?
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

I don't use healbot but you ought to be able to track it the same ways you track any other buff/debuff

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    Is there anyone using healbot that has found out how to show the Dreamer hot from T21 on the raid frames?
    Do you really need to track it though (for raiding)? Whether or not a target has the 2 set hot shouldn't seriously affect your spell selection or target selection (those being driven by more important things like how much health the target has, incoming raid abilities, debuffs, rejuv status, etc)

(there is nothing wrong with tracking it per se - i just don't see a huge benefit compared to not tracking it) - its kinda like the cultivation hot...you can track it, but do you really "need" to?
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2017-12-13 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Do you really need to track it though (for raiding)? Whether or not a target has the 2 set hot shouldn't seriously affect your spell selection or target selection (those being driven by more important things like how much health the target has, incoming raid abilities, debuffs, rejuv status, etc)

(there is nothing wrong with tracking it per se - i just don't see a huge benefit compared to not tracking it) - its kinda like the cultivation hot...you can track it, but do you really "need" to?
    There are just specific instances where knowing how many hots are on a character may impact how I react. If there are two players sub 20% and each have one rejuv + cultivation on them but one of them has dreamer, I would rather place my germination on the person without the dreamer hot to stabilize them. Inversely, I would preferentially cast swiftmend on a low health target with more hots as to benefit more from mastery. It's just little nuances like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    I don't use healbot but you ought to be able to track it the same ways you track any other buff/debuff
    Healbot tracks hots with small icons in the top right corner that count down time remaining. Tracking Debuffs/Buffs just changes the color of their entire bar.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

I don't know about Healbot, but I use VuhDo (granted I main Boomy), and I could just add "Dreamer" on the buffs/HoTs tracker if I wanted to.

Healbot tracks hots with small icons in the top right corner that count down time remaining. Tracking Debuffs/Buffs just changes the color of their entire bar.
    Yeah VuhDo works the same way; I'm sure there's some way to track it, assuming it can find the specific aura. If it'll take an ID, try the ID for it instead? *shrug*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Fair point mathezar, It'd be useful info in those instances. As for Healbot... yeah to track the hot it'd have to be an ability listed on the Icon menu for druids, pretty sure that's only done by who ever is managing/developing the addon - not sure how to/if you can add a custom one to it (as you mentioned you could do buffs/debuffs, but that's just a bar color change...)

You could try leaving a request with the developer or a message on curse or something...