Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Limited/no movement, required burst windows that line up with the burn rotation, and zero or limited cleave.

If there's a lot of movement or AoE, Fire will beat it.

If there are no real burn windows, the sustained DPS from Frost will beat it.
    Fire doesn't beat arcane AoE it does for cleave though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I'm not a mage, but I have a question: what kind of encounters would favor an Arcane mage before a Frost or Fire one?
    3 fights stand out for Arcane: High Command, Eonar, and Portal Keeper. These fights offer plenty of burst-AoE opportunities which strongly favor Arcane.

Kin'garoth can also be a good fight for arcane mechanically because movement is limited (blink can trivialize Ruiner) and the debuff on the adds reward Arcane's high dmg burn. The adds don't perfectly line up with your CD's though, so you lose some potential overall damage there since you MUST line up your CD's with the adds.

None of the other fights stand out as "good" for Arcane, since there's just too much movement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    3 fights stand out for Arcane: High Command, Eonar, and Portal Keeper. These fights offer plenty of burst-AoE opportunities which strongly favor Arcane.

Kin'garoth can also be a good fight for arcane mechanically because movement is limited (blink can trivialize Ruiner) and the debuff on the adds reward Arcane's high dmg burn. The adds don't perfectly line up with your CD's though, so you lose some potential overall damage there since you MUST line up your CD's with the adds.

None of the other fights stand out as "good" for Arcane, since there's just too much movement.
    Arcane is out best spec for Immonar (mythic)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not familiar with the mythic variants, but now I'm curious why Arcane would be strong on Imonar. It just didn't seem like a fight that allows Arcane to do arcane things. I suppose GInvis would play a huge part?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    I'm not familiar with the mythic variants, but now I'm curious why Arcane would be strong on Imonar. It just didn't seem like a fight that allows Arcane to do arcane things. I suppose GInvis would play a huge part?
    It's just the timing/pacing of the phase changed and bridge crossings. You cross every 20% on Mythic, which pretty much perfectly lines up with burn phases - so much of your conserve phase is spent crossing the bridge.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...&timespan=1000

It plays into Arcane really nicely. I've only really used Arcane this expansion for gimmick AoE fights before, Immonar progress is my first time using it single target but the pacing of the phase changes makes it quite easy to manage the mana side of things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Fire doesn't beat arcane AoE it does for cleave though.
    I would say Fire wins out on prolonged AoE, where adds live long enough to cycle through Flamestrike combos and big ignites, where Arcane does well when the adds can be burst down quickly with Barrage or Explosion. Frost just sucks butt on AoE.
    BfA Beta Time

I would say Fire wins out on prolonged AoE, where adds live long enough to cycle through Flamestrike combos and big ignites, where Arcane does well when the adds can be burst down quickly with Barrage or Explosion. Frost just sucks butt on AoE.
    Honestly it would come down to how stacked they are and the amount of shoulder procs arcane gets even if it's sustained. Further away they are better fire does since orb is cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue I'm having is that It seems I'm stuck with an 860 Arcano crystal until I get Path and Acrid injector as Frost. most 910 trinks I get from the trinket lotto seem to sim lower than the 860...is Arcano really that broken?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    is Arcano really that broken?
    jup

/10char

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    The issue I'm having is that It seems I'm stuck with an 860 Arcano crystal until I get Path and Acrid injector as Frost. most 910 trinks I get from the trinket lotto seem to sim lower than the 860...is Arcano really that broken?

I got a 910 Arcano Crystal, the only thing that sims higher is Aman'thul's or a 980 Injector. That trinket is literal cancer.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    I got a 910 Arcano Crystal, the only thing that sims higher is Aman'thul's or a 980 Injector.
    What spec are you?

I only play Frost and Arcane in raids and for both my 910 Arcano w/ socket doesn't get a look-in on my simmed combos, all combos of the below are better:

975 Pantheon
    945 Injector
    945 Vitality Restorer
    960 canon thing from Garothi

I simmed my fire options and arcano doesn't feature in the top 6 combos, so mine is gratefully retired for all three specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gammonflaps View Post
    What spec are you?

I only play Frost and Arcane in raids and for both my 910 Arcano w/ socket doesn't get a look-in on my simmed combos, all combos of the below are better:

975 Pantheon
    945 Injector
    945 Vitality Restorer
    960 canon thing from Garothi

I simmed my fire options and arcano doesn't feature in the top 6 combos, so mine is gratefully retired for all three specs.
    I'm frost, Currently using 860 Arcano and the 910 Haste trink from Arcway. Any time I sim dropping that trink with any 910 or even the 940 Terminus trink it sims lower. I ended up giving that to the lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Antoran High Command mythic, with Flame Patch talent, how often we cast Flamestrike? Whats your choice of 2nd legendary?
    My stats for that fight:
    Crit 51%
    Haste 27%
    Mastery 18%
    Versatility 11%

So, any suggestions what to change, coz I have a lot of items in my bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Gavran View Post
    On Antoran High Command mythic, with Flame Patch talent, how often we cast Flamestrike? Whats your choice of 2nd legendary?
    My stats for that fight:
    Crit 51%
    Haste 27%
    Mastery 18%
    Versatility 11%

So, any suggestions what to change, coz I have a lot of items in my bags?
    It highly depends on the rest of your gear. If you don't need gloves for 4 set and have the 4 set bonus in the first place, stick with legendary gloves, since they are amazing on that fight for obvius reasons.

If some of the above statements is not true for you, then you can ALWAYS consider Prydaz in Mythic raiding progression. You help your healers a ton and the stat stick makes it so your dps does not lag too much behind other legendary choices.

In general, you Flamestrike everytime you know that adds will stick inside the patch for the longest possibile time, therefore mainly during second pod, but also on first pod it can be highly beneficial, depending on the position of bats and charging adds.

Lastly, use Terminus trinket. Even lfr if you have to. On that fight it equals something like 20% of my overall damage, it's insane (i have a 960 version, but no matter the ilvl that thing is bonkers).