Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    Asmongold was on the main stage this year at Blizzcon for an hour talking on the live Allcraft podcast with Hotted, Rich, and their guest Djari. Sorry buddy.
    Yeah, as a part of a group running a podcast. You won't be seeing him promoted on his own. Sorry buddy, but your hero is a bit of an asshat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Dear friend,

You have been playing since the release of Legion. Never unsubbed.

You might been playing throu WoD. Never unsubbed.

You might even been playing for years, without unsubbing.

Maybe you had to unsub; for good reasons. But never because of you didn't like the game. Never because you blamed Blizz. Never been randomly complaining.

Unsubbers, whiners and other windy people wants to thank you, because you have been supporting the development of Classic and BfA(unsubbers and whiners will play because OF YOU - the interest and investments from you). You are the reason.

You are also the reason for why, we have so many whiners and haters, who simple don't get it. We have been growing and many failed, where you stood up as the victor.
    You choose the fight on these forums - but you NEVER lost it, as you always been around.

You are actually the winner.

Thank you for creating this amazing game and community, no matter the product, but simple because of the support you have been showing.

Shoutout to Asmongold, Preacher, Nobbel(and many other people)for keeping this community together and alive.

Best of luck next year!
    I appreciate the intention but I think its a serious, serious stretch that you namedrop 3 people most WoW players have likely never even heard of and attribute them to 'keeping this community together and alive.'

My fingernail clippings play more of a role in my continued presence in WoW than they do, or ever will.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
    I agree with what you are saying about Asmongold. But I'm curious how Preach fits into this? How has he spread negativity? That's not the impression I have gotten so I guess there might be something I have missed?
    Historical reasons mostly I guess. Preach today is quite different from the earlier iterations of Preach.
    He's gotten older and wiser. And as his channel has become a real business he's toned down his earlier blatant click-baiting topics and he's diversified the content. But I think the damage with Blizzard and WoW community is done. He's just too controversial for Blizzard and he's certainly quite far from being the beacon of "community integrator" the OP made him be. If anything, he's done his share to tear shit up needlessly.
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-12-11 at 03:09 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Something tells me that OP is a Mythic raid-worthy troll. Well played sir/ma'am, I will rate 5/5.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Yeah, as a part of a group running a podcast. You won't be seeing him promoted on his own. Sorry buddy, but your hero is a bit of an asshat.
    He's not my hero, in fact since project 60 I stopped watching him. That being said your argument is flawed. I'm sorry that he hurt your feelings when he made a joke towards casual players but he still does do a good thing for wow. Because of him it's one of the top streamed games with him getting up to 10k viewers. This increases the games life, popularity, and draws in more players. You may not agree with his methods or opinions but he has had a positive impact on the game.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

thanks mate. that post really made me smile. sad to see that people start bitching about your shoutouts. :/

Deleted
    He's not my hero, in fact since project 60 I stopped watching him. That being said your argument is flawed. I'm sorry that he hurt your feelings when he made a joke towards casual players but he still does do a good thing for wow. Because of him it's one of the top streamed games with him getting up to 10k viewers. This increases the games life, popularity, and draws in more players. You may not agree with his methods or opinions but he has had a positive impact on the game.
    I don't much care about his comments towards casuals (I don't even know what this refers to, I don't follow him)

But suffice to say quantity != quality. Pewdiepie has millions of subs - but this does not say much about the quality of the channel, or the entertainer as a person. In fact it has quite the opposite effect.

Much the same can be said about Asmongold. His impact is wholly on the negative and his methods are very suspect and most people don't want to associate themselves with him or with the community he represents.

This is why Blizzard choses to promote other streamers in their Community Spotlight - they don't want to associate with him either.

I don't much care about his comments towards casuals (I don't even know what this refers to, I don't follow him)

But suffice to say quantity != quality. Pewdiepie has millions of subs - but this does not say much about the quality of the channel, or the entertainer as a person. In fact it has quite the opposite effect.

Much the same can be said about Asmongold. His impact is wholly on the negative and his methods are very suspect and most people don't want to associate themselves with him or with the community he represents.

This is why Blizzard choses to promote other streamers in their Community Spotlight - they don't want to associate with him either.
    I agree with what you're saying about quality vs quantity. I think although I may not like people Sodapoppin they still have the audience and pull to bring lots of people into wow and drum up interest. It's that aspect that I like since I want wow to thrive and last as long as possible.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Deleted
    I agree with what you're saying about quality vs quantity. I think although I may not like people Sodapoppin they still have the audience and pull to bring lots of people into wow and drum up interest. It's that aspect that I like since I want wow to thrive and last as long as possible.
    Fair enough and I'm not trying to give you hard time for that - it's a good cause.

However i think it's important to call posts like OPs - which blatantly declare some of these entertainers as some kind of founding pillars of the community.

The community is made and kept together by normal, nice people who want to enjoy the game together - not by people who create youtube videos or those who stream - there are of course plenty of streamers with positive, incluside and informative messages as well - but most of them are unfortunately driven by their own channel communities- and naturally so, because that's what makes them money. They make content that brings income, first and foremost.

The in-game community feeling does not come from big names. It comes from normal people.

It's shame that Blizzard is so driven towards big streamers or youtubers - they could do a lot of good if they actually implemented some community focused features in the game - like better in-game caledar or guild interfaces - so people can actually arrange stuff - and form friendly communities.

Sadly, a random LFG queue is not much of a community.

Fair enough and I'm not trying to give you hard time for that - it's a good cause.

However i think it's important to call posts like OPs - which blatantly declare some of these entertainers as some kind of founding pillars of the community.

The community is made and kept together by normal, nice people who want to enjoy the game together - not by people who create youtube videos or those who stream - there are of course plenty of streamers with positive, incluside and informative messages as well - but most of them are unfortunately driven by their own channel communities- and naturally so, because that's what makes them money. They make content that brings income, first and foremost.

The in-game community feeling does not come from big names. It comes from normal people.

It's shame that Blizzard is so driven towards big streamers or youtubers - they could do a lot of good if they actually implemented some community focused features in the game - like better in-game caledar or guild interfaces - so people can actually arrange stuff - and form friendly communities.

I agree with that. As a GM of a guild it's tough trying to create a community within the game when the game has become more and more solo/antisocial.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Deleted

You are basicly decline the fact, both Asmongold and Preacher combined is being watched by 400K people per vid on average.

I hope you being butthurt, was worth the derail of the main point.

TBH I don't even like Nobbel(in fact his accent makes me cringe really bad)but I mentioned him. I guess its a taste thing, but serves a point nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I think this was one of those "Wait for it" memes. Asmongold, in no way, shape, or form, keeps this community "together and alive".
    If you see BigDickDPS in notes when you PuG, you can thank him for that. If stuff like this not something that keeps the community alive, then I really don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by G0ttlob View Post
    thanks mate. that post really made me smile. sad to see that people start bitching about your shoutouts. :/
    Its very unfortunate.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-12-12 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    If you see BigDickDPS in notes when you PuG, you can thank him for that. If stuff like this not something that keeps the community alive, then I really don't know.

Wow, I feel so grateful for that. I never realised until now that innacurate useless information, that is really just a dumb meme, used by a minority of players that aren't original enough to do anything but copy these meme's from "famous" people ad nauseam, is the reason I still play this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valithra View Post
    Wow, I feel so grateful for that. I never realised until now that innacurate useless information, that is really just a dumb meme, used by a minority of players that aren't original enough to do anything but copy these meme's from "famous" people ad nauseam, is the reason I still play this game.
    I wanted do a nice thing and BASH quitters/whiners(atleast don't derail the crediablity of that). I could also name all the youtubers around, it does not make any difference.

Purpose was to appreciate functional people with healthy perspective, not morons. Be grateful and whine somewhere else.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-12-12 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Yeah, you really don't know.

If a meme like "BigDickDPS" is what you feel is keeping the game alive, then absolutely, you really don't know. Simply put, Asmongold could disappear tomorrow, along with 400 other Twitch/YouTube streamers, and World of Warcraft would be just as alive. They are insignificant.

Gonna go ahead and let myself off the hook for this stupid bait thread.
    Before you leave, out of so many views, im just glad there is 2-3 people who are actually butthurt, because I shoutout out to people, who I believe reaches out to many.

Bye.

Deleted

Shoutout to Asmongold, Preacher, Nobbel(and many other people)for keeping this community together and alive.

Best of luck next year!
    he is the most toxic guy i know ... if he is a symbol for the community than i dont want to be in this community