Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    WoW in VR would be horrible. Try raiding or do pvp in first person.
    I was thinking more of an alternative for questing and maybe some VR only type events. Elder Scrolls Online offers a First person view that you can raid and PvP in, not sure if anyone uses it much, I couldn't really get it down enough myself. I'm also thinking in terms of changing how we think of MMOs and gameplay in general, thus the next big thing and not just a continuation of the current thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    Its almost like they can write in new lore,new characters, new enemies. I know, its shocking.
    You give Blizzard too much credit!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    Its almost like they can write in new lore,new characters, new enemies. I know, its shocking.
    They cant rip off ancient Greek, Roman, Norse lore, Tolkien, Lovecraft anymore so i really do hope they have new ideas to keep this game going!

I know, its shocking.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-12-19 at 05:21 PM.

Don't forget you are here forever

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea anymore. The number of times I've quit, come back, and gradually gotten fully addicted again is just too many to count. I can't be the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danare View Post
    Hmm. My guess is other 8 years. Roughly 2 expansions more after BfA

2018 - BFA

2020 - New Expansion (Probably related to Old Gods.)

2022 - Final Expansion (conclusion)

I mean of course, we could just extend it more and enter cosmic scale and fight against Void Lords and Light Lords then using Azeroth to bring peace to the cosmos for once and all. So maybe up to 2024 if Blizzard wanted to continue it past destroying Old Gods.
    What happened to the predictions about the final xpac being legion lol.

its going to be as long as its profitable, at least a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a business and as long as the business is doing well it will obviously continue. Blizzard loves money. When the money stops, the game ends.

The lack of in-game community is the ultimate cancer eating this game alive. All of the achievements, raids, M+, mog, gear, etc.....all of it loses meaning when everyone is anonymous.

In vanilla, if you ask "why should I bother doing any of this content?" the answer is that humans have primal and fundamental drives to climb the social ladder and to help others in the community, and that World of Warcraft is actually a social platform that happens to present raids, dungeons, PvP, and leveling as mechanisms to serve to social community. In Legion, this is flipped on its head. The raids, dungeons, etc are up-front and the community is in the background and non-existent. If you ask "why should I bother doing any of this content?" the answer is a muddled "because its fun" but what does that even mean?

I wouldn't be shocked if WoW Classic has more players than BfA. If I had to bet, I'd say BfA has more players, but if the content isn't incredible I could see Classic taking over.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The problem they will have is finding quality talent to work on a 13 year old + game thats heavily dated. The best and brightest will be wanting to work on new and innovative games to show off their talent. They will either have to scrape the bottom of the barrel or get people who just in it for a paycheck. If the game gets to a poinT that its quality is hurting the companies Brand, profitable or not the Shareholder could very easily say shut it down. Time will tell but blizzard cant coast along on WOW nostalgia indefinitely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The lack of in-game community is the ultimate cancer eating this game alive. All of the achievements, raids, M+, mog, gear, etc.....all of it loses meaning when everyone is anonymous.

In vanilla, if you ask "why should I bother doing any of this content?" the answer is that humans have primal and fundamental drives to climb the social ladder and to help others in the community, and that World of Warcraft is actually a social platform that happens to present raids, dungeons, PvP, and leveling as mechanisms to serve to social community. In Legion, this is flipped on its head. The raids, dungeons, etc are up-front and the community is in the background and non-existent. If you ask "why should I bother doing any of this content?" the answer is a muddled "because its fun" but what does that even mean?

I wouldn't be shocked if WoW Classic has more players than BfA. If I had to bet, I'd say BfA has more players, but if the content isn't incredible I could see Classic taking over.
    Itws funny you mention the social aspect of the game. I was just talking to a guy at the local Hobby Shop. We bothe mentioned that there seems to be a resurgence of tabletop gaming . He said they have been getting more and more folks in looking to either get back into D&D or Warhammer or get into it for the first time . Other Board games as well. As the Internet gaming has become more toxic and anonymous , people are going back to the old games to reconnect with people face to face. A local FB group[ has been really active with people looking to start groups for new D&D campaigns and wargaming
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

As long as they have a sub cost $ it will last. Soon as they go free to play it's over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I never said Cata & WoD... specifically I stated through Wrath. If each one lasts 2+ years... you have 6-7 years.

Noone said Classic would rool into BC... but it will if it's successful. And apparently I think it will be wildly so.
    Hey man, i love the graph in your sig. Every time i see it i find it hilarious how successful you think Classic servers will be. It sure is an interesting idea, and I will play it casually for a few days for sure (the same amount I'm sure a lot of people will) but the fact there is already in-fighting relating to just how Classic the Classic servers will be tells me you got your graph upside down.

Peace.

It's highly likely that the game will be around over 3 years from now. There is too much upcoming content for the game to completely die, even if the content isn't good.

WoW could be around 10+ years from now, if they keep releasing good content.