Deleted

Resto Shaman Legendaries

Hello!

I wonder, which 2 shaman legendaries are the best combination in Antorus? haven't been keeping up much since i just played early in legion.

Thanks in advance

Legs, neck, velen, soul of the farseer. pick whichever 2 you like the most or fit the fight better. For progression Soul is a nice fit.

Gloves are okayish too.

I'm still using Velens and the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by seraknis View Post
    Legs, neck, velen, soul of the farseer. pick whichever 2 you like the most or fit the fight better. For progression Soul is a nice fit.

Gloves are okayish too.
    What seraknis said. I find myself using Prydaz/Velen's most often. I take Soul ring on higher movement encounters for example

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Soul of the Farseer and Velen's.
    I think everybody's nuts.

Deleted
    I personally couldn't play without Soul of the Farseer. I gives me a huge healing boost because I never miss a Riptide charge. I already fear when I won't be able to have Echo and Cloudburst at the same time next expansion. When I have to play with only one of them, the resto playstyle feels kinda clunky. Both Cloudburst and Echo help a lot with spread healing. I wish they would make one of them baseline.
    As my 2nd legendary I wear Prydaz for a passive healing boost and more suvivability. On bosses with constant raid damage I'd switch to roots.

I never really got the appeal of Velens for resto. Imo as a resto shaman I already have enough cooldowns to manage. For situations where I'd use Velens, I already have Ancestral guidance. And pairing it together with another cd often is just overkill, as all the other healers pop their Velens or a cd too, when big raid damage comes in. Maybe for hardcore Mythic progression where you can't have enough cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunahh View Post
    I personally couldn't play without Soul of the Farseer. I gives me a huge healing boost because I never miss a Riptide charge. I already fear when I won't be able to have Echo and Cloudburst at the same time next expansion. When I have to play with only one of them, the resto playstyle feels kinda clunky. Both Cloudburst and Echo help a lot with spread healing. I wish they would make one of them baseline.
    As my 2nd legendary I wear Prydaz for a passive healing boost and more suvivability. On bosses with constant raid damage I'd switch to roots.

I never really got the appeal of Velens for resto. Imo as a resto shaman I already have enough cooldowns to manage. For situations where I'd use Velens, I already have Ancestral guidance. And pairing it together with another cd often is just overkill, as all the other healers pop their Velens or a cd too, when big raid damage comes in. Maybe for hardcore Mythic progression where you can't have enough cds.
    Main issue really. CDs should be assigned ahead of time anywhere that you actually care about using velens. It's not about "not having enough" cds - it's maximizing the potential of those you have. If every healer pops their CD on the first flame rend on Aggramar and you've got nothing for the next 3 minutes, when a single CD (paired with Velens) would be enough, the issue isn't that velens isn't useful - it's that the healers aren't coordinated.

With that being said, there's so many strong healing trinkets this tier (Eonar's, Carafe, Highfathers, and if you're "lucky" with M+, the fluctuating energy from Karazhan that provides the same INT as Carafe, but even *more* mana because the proc on it scales with haste, while Carafe is just a set CD) that not wearing Velens is more than fine. I tend to gravitate towards prydaz+ring myself as well, switching the ring out for Velens in M+ dungeons - mainly because by the time my cloudburst has soaked up healing in M+, we're likely already pulling the next pack, making it fairly ineffective as I gotta pop it as we leave manually. Likewise, Velens in a 5 man means you don't need/want to take ascendance, as Velens is basically your strongest healing CD on a 75 second CD - and that means higher "general" output through high tide (and when velens is popped, high-tide chain heal does IMMENSE healing, with overhealing jumping to where it's needed. No joke, it's usually smarter to just spam CH during velens than actually try to single target heal, assuming you can hit all 5 with CH).

Deleted
    @Dracodraco
    Yeah, in my raid, we only assign the "big" Cds like Tranq or HTT or Pala Aura. But as most healers have more than one Cd, plus small Cds + Velen with its short cooldown, they will pop something outside their assigned rotation anyway, just because they can. There's almost never a situation, where I have a big dmg burst situation only for myself to get the full potential out of Velens. And I guess that's the case in almost every raid. So I stopped using it in raids, besides the Antorus trinkets really make up for it without taking up a legendary spot.

I will give it a try in M+ again though after what you said. Btw you don't have to worry about running out of range of your CB totem in M+, the heal procs from your character's body, not the totem itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunahh View Post
    @Dracodraco
    Yeah, in my raid, we only assign the "big" Cds like Tranq or HTT or Pala Aura. But as most healers have more than one Cd, plus small Cds + Velen with its short cooldown, they will pop something outside their assigned rotation anyway, just because they can. There's almost never a situation, where I have a big dmg burst situation only for myself to get the full potential out of Velens. And I guess that's the case in almost every raid. So I stopped using it in raids, besides the Antorus trinkets really make up for it without taking up a legendary spot.

I will give it a try in M+ again though after what you said. Btw you don't have to worry about running out of range of your CB totem in M+, the heal procs from your character's body, not the totem itself.
    Really? TIL. It's just an alt I fuck about with, and only recently started using cloudburst for raids (had to get the legendary ring first - I'm a spot healer first and foremost, so I've always gone for Echo+30% riptide talents before cloudburst, so I can actually heal people that needs it over just "padding" my AOE healing with cloudburst, meaning ring was a must to even try it out), so I genuinely haven't learnt how to play with CB properly yet.

Deleted
    @Dracodraco Oh don't worry, that took me some time to realize, too, because you wouldn't expect it, based on how all the other totems work. But the totem itself only does the collecting of the healing and the actual heal is then distributed by you.

I played with Echo before the ring too, because I disliked the totem's clunkyness and feared that its micromanagement would distract me from actually healing. But with the ring, I just saw CB as a "goodie" on top of my usual rotation. I just pop it straight on pull and then keep it on cd without doing any timing or premature popping and it still always is in my top heals.