Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Not at all, it has a single ranged ability.
    And an offensive cooldown that makes it basically unkiteable by giving it +35yds on raptor strike (now the core focus spender, and replaced by mongoose if you spec for it). I can see that causing some problems in pvp.

Not at all, it has a single ranged ability.
    Thats not actually correct Bfa survival has a lot of range abilities both baseline and talents
    Serpent Sting that has a 40yard range
    A new spell named Wildfire Bomb thats 40yard range
    A new talent Arctic Boa that has a 100 yard range( i dont think that will stay like that)
    Killing command
    Another new talent Chakrams 40yard range
    Throw Axe which is a rename of Throwing Axes
    And on top of all that u have both Explosive and Steel trap still.

Overall it looks like survival will turn into sometype of hybrid spec of range and melee

I wouldn't exactly include traps as being "ranged" technically, but i like the idea of melee and range, melee for your main damage but stuff like serpent sting for ranged.
    Yeah i wasnt going to list them originally but figured why not? Even without them there are what 6 range abilities? Personally i also dont mind the Hybrid idea if its done right it could be really interesting to play the issue is... can Blizzard do it right? It'll be interesting to see how it all works out in the end

current SV isn't that bad, so far from the changes i love most of them. gives some actual survivability and fixes talents, which it desperately needed.
    I have no issue with current SV hell i actually main it. I agree the talent choices needed fixing there were way to many dead talents. Im just curious on how the hybrid idea will play out is all.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Thats not actually correct Bfa survival has a lot of range abilities both baseline and talents
    Serpent Sting that has a 40yard range
    A new spell named Wildfire Bomb thats 40yard range
    A new talent Arctic Boa that has a 100 yard range( i dont think that will stay like that)
    Killing command
    Another new talent Chakrams 40yard range
    Throw Axe which is a rename of Throwing Axes
    And on top of all that u have both Explosive and Steel trap still.

Overall it looks like survival will turn into sometype of hybrid spec of range and melee
    I'm pretty sure survival still has its double melee range as well. (10yrds instead of 5).

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I'm pretty sure survival still has its double melee range as well. (10yrds instead of 5).
    i think that was removed tho but yeah a melee range hybrid is the way the spec is going

I am ok with the spec going melee hybrid. I still hold my ground on BM should have been the melee spec, I think they messed up big there. I would very much love for surv to go back to old dot/trap range spec. That would be my dream but...don't think that will ever happen. I don't like the current version of mongoose bite. I much prefer how it was during beta, never liked how at last minute they swapped it to its current form so I would like for that all to go away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Survi seems to still be melee but with ability do DoT far away targets, I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    idk how a melee spec will ever work when it not only competes with tons of other melee, but also ranged hunters which are always in demand and useful.
    Yeah the decision making here is just mind boggling.

Deleted
    Well, good to see Blizzard instead of trying to work on the ground they developed decided to utterly annihilate the spec and turn it into an exact copy of BM. Well fucking done those who whined about "Muh Ranged Survival"
    Last edited by mmoc8433d251bf; 2018-01-26 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Well, good to see Blizzard instead of trying to work on the ground they developed decided to utterly annihilate the spec and turn it into an exact copy of BM. Well fucking done those who whined about "Muh Ranged Survival"
    Aside from giving it Kill Command which is pretty much just ranged flanking strike to begin with from a functional standpoint, how is it exactly like BM?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Aside from giving it Kill Command which is pretty much just ranged flanking strike to begin with from a functional standpoint, how is it exactly like BM?
    Instead of our damage coming from managing a ramping mechanic, it is instead dealt entirely by throwing every spell you have out on cooldown and using a dump to dump Focus.

The Mastery is even a "Slightly" altered BM mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    There is nothing in this game that brings me more satisfaction than watching melee Survival crash and burn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    There is nothing in this game that brings me more satisfaction than watching melee Survival crash and burn.
    Perhaps you should consider suicide if you are that Anal retentive.