Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    believe it.

my 3 legendaries are kiljaedens trinket, cold heart and uvanimor ring. Ive been playing legion since day 1 and have been doing legendary content every week.
    lmao what an excellent troll. I second the notion of linking your character

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    very hard to believe if you have been playing since launch been doing subsequent legendary farm content and dont have all the DK legendaries + bonus class ones by now. back when the nether portal farm was a thing you could get 2 legendaries in 3 days and atleast 1 per building was garaunteed if u did 50 portals a day (1 hr in a group).
    it wasn't 1 hour. there were a max of 10 up at a time, every group took a 5 minute break in between. the time was double that, I would know, I hosted them on 3 toons since the 3rd week
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I'm usually OK as Frost on M+ runs, usually top dps on pugs. But other day I got destroyed by an unholy dk on a Maw+15, he had almost the same ilvl, was using bracer+ring for trash, shoulder+chest on bosses, he did similar damage on trash, but he bursted so much more on bosses, it was ugly for me(Im kidding we did just fine), Im happy to see unholy is still playable. At least on this kind of content (I have 0 exp on keys higher than 20).

I feel like power wise Frost and Unholy are pretty much on the same level, but Frost is just so much easier to play. No pet AI to manage, no ramp up time, CDs are much easier to manage, etc. The only real edge I see with Unholy is huge burst when Army of the Dead is up for a boss fight (especially with legendary shoulders + Dark Arbiter), but it doesn't counterbalance the perks of Frost in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I feel like power wise Frost and Unholy are pretty much on the same level, but Frost is just so much easier to play. No pet AI to manage, no ramp up time, CDs are much easier to manage, etc. The only real edge I see with Unholy is huge burst when Army of the Dead is up for a boss fight (especially with legendary shoulders + Dark Arbiter), but it doesn't counterbalance the perks of Frost in my view.
    Indeed, and Im pretty sure that guy was a real skilled player, among average guys.
    When you pug a lot, you can find guys who can carry their on weights(I like to think Im lne of them), bad players and in rare ocasions guys who are a tier above. Im not saying unholy is stronger, but a good unholy player will hold his own just fine, or be better than an average frost DK.
    Last edited by Halliax; 2018-03-20 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halliax View Post
    Indeed, and Im pretty sure that guy was a real skilled player, among average guys.
    When you pug a lot, you can find guys who can carry their on weights(I like to think Im lne of them), bad players and in rare ocasions guys who are a tier above. Im not saying unholy is stronger, but a good unholy player will hold his own just fine, or be better than an average frost DK.
    for Unholy you swap to T20 4pc with legendary class ring + Chest for trash right after bossess, that way you will have Army up for every boss in most dungeons (Wardens is the exception and from Curator to Medivh in Upper Kara).

Similar in concept for Frost to swap from legs to belt in between trash packs and boss pulls. Frost always keeps on Bracer and Unholy always keeps on chest (so you not waiting for stacks pre-boss pull)

I have (for Unholy) 4 sets

1) 4pc t20 and legendary Chest/ring (army reset for trash while cleaving)
    2) 2pc/2pc and legendary Chest/shoulders (Boss Burn)
    3) 2pc/2pc and legendary Chest/ring (cleave when army is off CD but 1-2 pulls away from boss)
    4) 4pc T20 and Legendary chest/shoulders (tyrannical affix with back to back bosses and 0-1 trash packs inbetween bosses Upper kara/Wardens)

and that is still in general weaker than just playing frost while also offering less utility than frost (AoE snare/Stun/AMS dispell/Sindragosa burst+Stun)

like on Explosive weak i pretty much only play blood since killing orbs is a annoying for unholy, while as blood i can usually get 80%+ of the orbs while offering leech, AoE grip and allowing your healer to help dps for 100% of bosses (unless dps need a heal)
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2018-03-20 at 09:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    for Unholy you swap to T20 4pc with legendary class ring + Chest for trash right after bossess, that way you will have Army up for every boss in most dungeons (Wardens is the exception and from Curator to Medivh in Upper Kara).

Similar in concept for Frost to swap from legs to belt in between trash packs and boss pulls. Frost always keeps on Bracer and Unholy always keeps on chest (so you not waiting for stacks pre-boss pull)

I have (for Unholy) 4 sets

1) 4pc t20 and legendary Chest/ring (army reset for trash while cleaving)
    2) 2pc/2pc and legendary Chest/shoulders (Boss Burn)
    3) 2pc/2pc and legendary Chest/ring (cleave when army is off CD but 1-2 pulls away from boss)
    4) 4pc T20 and Legendary chest/shoulders (tyrannical affix with back to back bosses and 0-1 trash packs inbetween bosses Upper kara/Wardens)

and that is still in general weaker than just playing frost while also offering less utility than frost (AoE snare/Stun/AMS dispell/Sindragosa burst+Stun)

like on Explosive weak i pretty much only play blood since killing orbs is a annoying for unholy, while as blood i can usually get 80%+ of the orbs while offering leech, AoE grip and allowing your healer to help dps for 100% of bosses (unless dps need a heal)
    Some good tips, ty sir. I been bored with frost for a bit. Even took a month off after M Coven due to burn out... now I'm dipping my toes in UH again to ads some flavor.
    Do you ever go deaths March and defile in M+? With class ring, sephuz or bursting sores bracers?
    I think I have 2 more pieces of t20 in the bank? Use 2 pc for blood tanking as that is still strong today , well a month ago it was!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

like on Explosive weak ...
    It is so silly with Frost and Explosive, since you can OB them, FS them at range and kill them with RIME too, so all 3 rotational abilitys are usable to kill the explosives. The tons of free deathstrikes makes the whole affix week for frost the easiest affix of all.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    As an Unholy main I'm gonna have to say Frost because it's more robust in that the CD's are almost always up for trash packs on Fortified weeks. Unholy suffers from "Good at AoE in exchange for lacklustre single target" or "Good at single target in exchange for lacklustre AoE" There's no in between which Frost has over Unholy for M+ sadly, not unless you're ready to hold onto multiple sets/previous tier in bags to create so many sets for different situations in M+ to the point where it feels tedious and not worth it, as opposed to Frost barely requiring that much tinkering.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2018-04-25 at 06:24 PM.