Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Problem with your theory is that Blizz hasnt lied because Blizz has never said how it works. I dont think Blizzard is pure as snow or anything, but...theyve literally never said the system is fair, that it isnt weighted, or anything. They just dont talk about it. Theyve never revealed what determines anything, so theres nothing shady going on - they haven't deceived you or lied to you.

It isnt really even helping their “bottom line” since if youre grinding BGs for gear youre a fool - you can get an entire set of better, higher iLevel gear from about six hours of questing on Argus. You can be fully “PvP” geared from Argus (all my toons are 938-945 and I havent set foot into a raid the entire xpac, and only a few Mythic+s a few months ago when some friends needed a tank) in less than one month.

Is it weighted? Probably. Is it not truly RNG? Quite likely.

Does it matter? Not one iota.
    Never saying how it works is simply lying by omission, something the mass media is also good at. Leaving out pertinent facts about a topic or story gives a certain impression and leads one to think a certain way about an issue. When Blizz implies it's purely "random" but leaves out specifics of 'how' or 'what', they're probably hiding something.

I didn't say anything about grinding just BGs for gear. This can apply to anything in the game - PvP, raiding, or any random drops. Yes, I think it does matter because if people knew how the scheme really worked they might change what they do or how much they do in the game.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2018-01-21 at 03:55 AM.

Of course there has always been a quickest route to gear, i think most peoples issue with loot from pvp is its not slightly slower but its not really a option at all. Previously if you leveled a character to max, you had limited time and you mostly enjoyed playing bgs or arena with friends that was fine you could do that. Now it feels your forced to quest or raid or run mythic+ to get gear, which not everyone finds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    Is there any truth to this or are all rewards just purely random?
    Purely random. My main character with 85% winrate in bgs took like 130 bgs to get the full pvp set this season for tmog, but my shitty shaman with like 40% winrate and no traits or gear took like 30 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Never saying how it works is simply lying by omission, something the mass media is also good at. Leaving out pertinent facts about a topic or story gives a certain impression and leads one to think a certain way about an issue. When Blizz implies it's purely "random" but leaves out specifics of 'how' or 'what', they're probably hiding something.

I didn't say anything about grinding just BGs for gear. This can apply to anything in the game - PvP, raiding, or any random drops. Yes, I think it does matter because if people knew how the scheme really worked they might change what they do or how much they do in the game.
    They did. PvP has collapsed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I suspect that alongside "bad luck protection" there is also good luck protection preventing people from defeating the timesink purpose of Legion's extreme RNG.
    ur suspicion is empirically counterproven: got 3 legs in 2 succesive chest and a blingtron.
    lucky me.

/edit: BGs award legs too, so every BG must count towards BLP. i wonder y fishing doesnt.
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2018-01-21 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    ur suspicion is empirically counterproven: got 3 legs in 2 succesive chest and a blingtron.
    lucky me.

/edit: BGs award legs too, so every BG must count towards BLP. i wonder y fishing doesnt.
    Why would you assume that I think there is no way one could get 2 legendaries in a row? I've seen people get 2 legendaries in the same day.

What I am saying is that it is idiotic to assume that the only tampering Blizzard has done with RNG is "bad luck protection", which is the only RNG tampering they have openly talked about.

I can "empirically counter" (sic) Blizzard themselves btw. They said that they have tampered with RNG in a way to let people gear up different slots through pvp, so you would end up getting all slots geared eventually. I have gotten 3 bracers in a row, or 3 rings in a row multiple times from pvp. Did Blizzard lie?

Go ahead and be another idiot like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Can you tell me all about chemtrails turning the frogs gay, too?
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2018-01-24 at 06:41 AM.

If you play WoW just to be logged in then you shouldn't worry about rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    lucky me.

Well I have received more legendaries from BGs than warforged/titanforged glad gear. I also have received more legendaries from Blingtron than warforged/titanforged glad gear.

Overall, the system is a mess.

Blizz has stated they have adjusted the drop rates for pieces mid expansion when players were complaining that they were receiving too many necklaces, rings, trinkets, etc. So, Blizz does weight the drop chances of gear for sure with a streak breaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Why would you assume that I think there is no way one could get 2 legendaries in a row? I've seen people get 2 legendaries in the same day.

What I am saying is that it is idiotic to assume that the only tampering Blizzard has done with RNG is "bad luck protection", which is the only RNG tampering they have openly talked about.

I can "empirically counter" (sic) Blizzard themselves btw. They said that they have tampered with RNG in a way to let people gear up different slots through pvp, so you would end up getting all slots geared eventually. I have gotten 3 bracers in a row, or 3 rings in a row multiple times from pvp. Did Blizzard lie?

Go ahead and be another idiot like this guy.
    Yeah they said they made an adjustment but I haven't seen a difference. Necklaces, relics, rings, etc drop still far more frequently than main gear pieces like shoulders, legs, chest piece, etc.

I have received legendaries from a BG even though it was a losing BG but I generated enough honor. Also, I have received a legendary from a BG where it was a win but the honor wasn't that high.

In season 2 of Legion, glad pieces reliably dropped if you won a Bg and had high honor. Now, even with a BG win and high honor your chance of gaining a glad piece isn't high. If I am to speculate this is because they put in a vendor where you can buy gear with EoB so they throttled back the glad gear drop chances in BGs. Same thing with tower quests where glad gear is very rare now and even PVE players that do dailies constantly have said as much. With the vendor you can buy most of the gear pieces that you are missing or want, but Blizz doesn't want that the main way to gear up or else they would put the jewelry on the vendor as well.

I doubt it was pure RNG when glad pieces were reliably part of tower quest and last season that wasn't the case. And people said it would change with a new season but that hasn't happened either with tower quests. If I was to speculate they are trying to entice players to do rated PVP for glad pieces instead of non rated PVP and tower quests.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2018-01-24 at 04:36 PM.