Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    March of this year is asinine. As many posters have noted, there is no beta yet, and that would be five months after announcing it, an unprecedented event. Not a chance.

Given that expansions usually last around two years, how long beta length lasts for, and time of last content patch to expansion release:

I am going to guess beta will begin in February at some point, will last for roughly 5-6 months, and BFA will launch in September. That has it fit around the two year expansion date, the 5-6 month beta, and has it come out 10/11 months after it was announced.

The EARLIEST I would expect it is July. That would be one of the fastest releases they have ever done, a very short beta (unless they begin this month), and a very short final expansion tier. (Antorus was November 28th, a release date of july would mean the last raid was ~7ish months, whereas september puts it at 9 months). However, they seem to have been on point with shorter raid tiers, perhaps the expansion will follow suit. Just that they've promised faster expansions before, and they always seem to be later than sooner.

Not gonna happen, sorry. Alpha hasn't even launched yet and that is a months log iterative process..

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Prepare yourself for a surprise then.
    Not really but thx! It will drop in october.

There is literally no chance. It'll likely be closer to March 2019 than March 2018 lol

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Not really but thx! It will drop in october.
    Which isn't winter.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Is there a clue in 'Artifact instability'?

"A recent build also changed how the Artifact Power numbers increase or decrease once your Artifact is unstable. Now your Artifact will increase in Artifact Power until February 2nd, then the total Artifact Power displayed will decrease until March 2nd. On March 19 it will begin to increase very very rapidly. This effect is probably only visual and your actual Artifact Power may not change. "

The week of March 19 is 77 days post 7.3.5

That would be a lot sooner than most pundits are expecting it.
    Pretty sure Blizzard already said it would be after Fall of 2018.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

This topic is hilarious. As if Blizzard is going to skip having a Beta.

I can easily believe another patch will arrive around that time perhaps to open up the sub races but not 8.0

Deleted
    Beta is not even out. No way in hell its going to be that early. My prediction would be November/December 2018.

10+ Year Old Account
    we dont even have alpha out yet lol
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Maybe we'll get a 7.3.8 or 7.4 on that date, but I'd say there's no chance of the expansion on that day. The prepatch showing up earlier than July seems unlikely, especially considering there is no Beta yet.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    So the purging of the sword overwhelms our Artifact Weapons. Then what? Legion without an Artifact weapon? Seems like destroying the Artifact Weapons on the 19th (US, 20th EU) and waking the 20th in BfA sounds a perfect transition.
    our artifacts won't be destroyed yet, they'll become unstable whatever that means, the artifact power thing is a visual effect mostly, gameplaywise nothing changes obviously, otherwise none would do that quest...

we'll keep them but as the story progresses we'll realize that they're becoming increasingly dangerous and at some point during early BFA i guess will eventually lose them

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Is it plausible that blizzard have worked on the expansion way more than we think and they have had a team with internal testers or even a really well hidden invite only beta with a insanely strict nda, and the expansion is ready for march ? sure. Why not.

Is this likely to happen ? nope, not at the slightest. My guess is that march could be when we can play allied races and the bfa pre-order comes online. But that doesn't really need to have anything to do with ingame events.
    You'd think after the last 5 expansions saying this shit and always being wrong, you'd people would stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see that date being for an Alpha or Beta Release, but actual game release, nope.