10+ Year Old Account

Question Very happy with my Warlock atm :)

Hello mates I have a very decent geared Afflock as my main atm - 959 eqpped and I was wondering if I can share my current gear ofc without legos specific for Affliction for Destruction or Demonology. Because yesterday last Affliction legendary dropped for me so I should now switch to destro or demo for loot. My gear is specific builed for highest simms at Raidbots basically a 4 set with Helm + Prydaz. But In bank I have wrists for Destro which dropped at the start of legion when I was a Destro fan. But shortly after Legion started I switched to Affliction till now. Is possible to run my gear effective even for Destro or Demo ? My char profile and gear is in profile signature. Would be great if i can jump on Destro for Fun.

You will get legendaries for the other specs even if you are set to loot spec affli when there are no affli leggos left to get.

If you want to play destro that is another thing as you would need relics as well. But I don´t know about the stats for destro at the moment. I am happy with playing aff.

For just dabbling in destro it will surely work. For best performance it might not be optimal. Look at loss for more details about stat weights and such.

Destro should be fine, depending on the level you play on.

Destro is probably the least legendary-dependent spec in the game. The Shoulders are BiS but you can do fine without - IIRC they're only about 2% ahead of other legendaries, so you can actually perform well without them. Prydaz, Sephuz and the Chest are all viable. Top combo atm is Shoulders + Sephuz or Shoulders + Chest, depending on what other gear pieces you have.

Obviously sim yourself, but as a rule of thumb you can completely ignore stats on Destro and just go for the highest ilvl item. Our stat weights are all extremely close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Destro should be fine, depending on the level you play on.

Destro is probably the least legendary-dependent spec in the game. The Shoulders are BiS but you can do fine without - IIRC they're only about 2% ahead of other legendaries, so you can actually perform well without them. Prydaz, Sephuz and the Chest are all viable. Top combo atm is Shoulders + Sephuz or Shoulders + Chest, depending on what other gear pieces you have.

Obviously sim yourself, but as a rule of thumb you can completely ignore stats on Destro and just go for the highest ilvl item. Our stat weights are all extremely close.
    Thats great news mate thank you for info Ill try Destro for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, destro performs worse than affliction in pretty much every scenario. But, if you're fine with its suboptimal performance (next to affli) and its watered-down, messed-up mechanics (compared to WoD and MoP) then go ahead. As Duckz0rs said, generally just pick high ilvl... with the exception of trinkets which you should sim/test/research individually (dat Arcanocrystal).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thanks for hints. And Demonology is better option than destro I mean I dont have any Legos but of the rotation of Destro is as many complains messed up is Demo the way to go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrim View Post
    Well thanks for hints. And Demonology is better option than destro I mean I dont have any Legos but of the rotation of Destro is as many complains messed up is Demo the way to go ?
    I think rotationally Destro is the best its been all expac and damage wise it is actually decent. I believe a lot of the issue is how OP Affy is and that specs padding potential in comparison to Destro's.

I have fun with Destro. In my opinion try and see if it fits you, rather than being swayed by outsiders.

Demo, on the other hand, people complain about far more and parse with even less. It is pretty fast paced in comparison. Again try and see but as was already pointed out at 16% haste it will probably feel quite awful to play. Get a bunch of more haste stuff and it wil get smoother and flow better. It is also a bit more leggo dependent but still nothing compared to many other classes. General ones are fine until you get the spec specific ones.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2018-01-17 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    I think rotationally Destro is the best its been all expac and damage wise it is actually decent. I believe a lot of the issue is how OP Affy is and that specs padding potential in comparison to Destro's.

I have fun with Destro. In my opinion try and see if it fits you, rather than being swayed by outsiders.

Demo, on the other hand, people complain about far more and parse with even less. It is pretty fast paced in comparison. Again try and see but as was already pointed out at 16% haste it will probably feel quite awful to play. Get a bunch of more haste stuff and it wil get smoother and flow better. It is also a bit more leggo dependent but still nothing compared to many other classes. General ones are fine until you get the spec specific ones.
    Ty for respond mate. Well I have destro experience from pandaria and wod so i am pretty familiar with it. On the other hand when i tried Demo on dummy in order hall I was like ...wtf ?! I used to play demo in cata with demon form ect imo aura and bunch of other spells. This demo is just not my style i am affraid. Destro is like it was plus there are some new cds like those portals.