Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Because Engineer wasn't shitty enough. At least it doesn't cost you gold to put down blingtron's now I guess.

In wotlk use to be 300% speed and couldn't fail in combat, fucking rip.
    I don't remember that last part. I distinctly remember them failure during a particular encounter with a ganker, which led to me then floating away

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have said "good fucking riddance" because I'm tired of rogues escaping my vengeance with their stupid rockets, however they're allowing us to turn pvp off in BfA so I have to ask "why now?!" This is a change that should have been done eons ago if they wanted to do it. Now there is no point.

If it can't be used in combat it would be nice to get the old 300% speed back.

guys, the poster is stupid. the nitro boots were enchanted to an old belt he was no longer using. so when he used it in combat... what he was really trying to do was change gear during combat.... which you cannot do. dont be trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    I don't remember that last part. I distinctly remember them failure during a particular encounter with a ganker, which led to me then floating away
    Maybe it was only instances it couldn't fail in. I know in ICC it could not fail because I dropped my max level enchanting for Engi so i wouldn't fuck up the Defiles on HLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Okay.

Just to be safe. Can you aggro some mobs, use a potion, wait 2 min (in combat), then use nitros? To see if your error message is "cant use it in combat". If so, then that answers every possible question.

Either way, i am relieved. I;d rather be wrong than right in this case (although I wasn;t the original poster).
    yeah it just stays as you cannot use that yet, as someone said they must of been trying to use it with an old belt which makes them a moron for not just binding nitro boost to #showtooltip /use 6.

Deleted
    Good! That BS was breaking PvP.

I bet it was being used in PvE exploits aswell.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    because blizzard decided to remove fun unique things from the game because clearly the game is better when its watered down so everything is the same and everyone takes enchanting/herbing

before anyone else posts this has just been tested and found to be false

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    In wotlk use to be 300% speed and couldn't fail in combat, fucking rip.
    I clearly remember wotlk complaints about being shot through the ceiling on blood queen lana'thel (the guy had the link, used nitro boosts and it shot him upwards), so then they changed it to rocket fuel leak in instances instead of shooting upwards (still exists outdoors), first the leak was 120% of your total hp but I think it got nerfed to 80% (so it's not guaranteed death without heals).

In cata it had few other hilarious drawbacks like root you in spot and take 100% extra damage, or taunt all mobs to you. But think the extras are removed now. I still remember wiping my raid on Nef in BWD because I got the root backfire and didn't move the boss far enough from Onyxia.

Can confirm they DO work in combat - I accidentily activated them in the middle of a boss fight in Antorus barely an hour ago.

Sure that ain't Runescape, from that image, OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    how to make instances even less fun, check list.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Pro tip do not use nitro boots. Speed potions are better. Use frag belt instead!

7+ Year Old Account
    seems like op doesnt know pots and boots share the cd

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    they already broke gliders in instances, they seem determined to make engineering as useless as all the other professions. I guess it's less work than making the other professions worth bothering with in order to make them equal
    Engineering has been more useless than the other professions for a long time. Nitroboosts have been dead since blizz decided it was necessary to make them have a chance to nearly (and more than often successfully) kill you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Good! That BS was breaking PvP.

I bet it was being used in PvE exploits aswell.
    I bet you play druid/DH/monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Engineering has been more useless than the other professions for a long time. Nitroboosts have been dead since blizz decided it was necessary to make them have a chance to nearly (and more than often successfully) kill you

- - - Updated - - -

I bet you play druid/DH/monk
    Not only do they share CD with Pot and have a high chance to fail. Frag belt never fails and does not share CD with anything.

And NO engineering is FAAAAR from useless.

You get a ton of wormholes to almost anywhere you want. Argus, any zone in the broken isles Xcept for broken shore, And more. You get Loot a rang. (Keybind loot things up to 40y away) you have Jeeves. You have mailbox. and Tons of other things that other profs dont have. and now with Draenor leveling its super easy to level it high enough to make use of all the things you want it for. so its realy cheap to have on alts aswell.