Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Keep: World Quests, M+, content pacing, half the class designs.

Kill: The other half of the class designs, legendaries, Titanforging as it currently is.

My opinion on Legion's new features:
    • I will miss the mission table, but at the same time, my life won't end with its removal. I thought it was fun on the side, but it doesn't need to move forward.
    • World Quests are excellent as they were added in Legion, though they can still use more fine tuning.
    • The Legendary system needs the axe. Period. I would be okay with the WoD or MoP legendary system returning, but I am kind of against previous ones where entire raids built up one player with a legendary weapon. It's a system that is ripe for abuse, but when utilized correctly was pretty cool to be fair. Just my biased opinion; also, I liked being able to work towards a greater goal in raiding beyond "kill better bosses" or "get better loot". Any kind of long term quest chain that supports that is great for me. Maybe they can connect it to your artifact instead of a legendary? I dunno, I digress.
    • Mixed feelings on how reputations were handled. On one hand, it worked okay. On the other, it was a little tedious. I guess I would be okay with either.
    • I don't want another endgame questing zone like Suramar that has long, drawn out quest chains for the sake of being long and drawn out with no experience to be gained. I love how Argus and Broken Shore had their quest chains handled however, and I'd support short term quest chains in endgame zones like that, I even like how they were gated and that was something I didn't think I would.
    • The new Profession system... was okay. I prefer older versions that have catch up methods, but make more than just one or two endgame recipes relevant to be maxed for. I loved the quest chains.
    • I know class order halls have to go, and I don't expect to see this in BfA, but I'd love to see a return to class-focused story content in the future. This was outstanding and by far one of my favorite things about Legion.
    • All the 'you are the chosen one' or 'you are the highlord of the silver hand' or blah blah superherosavetheworld stuff I'm more than ready to move past. In general, I don't like exaggerated hero story content. I miss just being an adventurer/soldier, or even just a hero or champion instead of a leader. But that's just me.
    • Artifact weapons were really fun, but I don't want to see them again. They were great for one expansion, never again though please. This is just for weapons; I love the idea of having artifact necklace or whatever else and leveling it up. Artifact power maybe not so much, but by the end of the expansion it was... acceptable. I just hope it's handled well in BfA.
    • Mythic+ dungeons were the best idea for casual/hardcore progression I've ever seen. I'd probably quit if they said it was being removed. I'm glad it's staying. Furthermore, I am glad they added additional 5 man dungeon content throughout the expansion, that was fantastic!
    • Lastly, I think Titanforging needs work. I don't know if I want it kept at all, and I'd be fine with it being entirely removed, but at the very least it needs to be limited. Maybe all Titanforges be +15 itemlevels and not be able to be, say, +30 itemlevels or whatever else. It's just bad design to force people to grind old content for 'best in slot' for current content... that's just my biased opinion, though. Others may disagree.

I'll add more if I think of anything else. Overall, Legion added some great stuff! Some I'd like to see stay, others I think we should move past, but all of them were great for the growth of this game and I'd love to see them return in some form.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-01-21 at 09:09 PM.

kill:these people who want titanforging to stay

Keep: world quests and scaling. Being able to do quests all over the continents instead of just one or two zones was a great idea to contrast Garrison Syndrome. I'm so glad to see 7.3.5 expanding on the scaling in particular.

kill: legion legendaries.

will miss because I know they're not keeping it: class/profession specific questlines that motivate you to level alts. That was great in Legion and I'll be sad to see it go. All I see in BfA is the ally/horde will likely have completely separate leveling experiences but that at most encourages you to have two characters, one of each.

Quote Originally Posted by deviltoist View Post
    kill:these people who want titanforging to stay
    Kill the people who don't want titanforging to stay 1v1 me bruh I got titanforged gear. >:O
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Keep: Survival as melee as i love it, kill whiners that dont like others beeing happy with survival
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I didn't say otherwise? It is EXCLUSIVELY a Mythic raider problem however, and not worth breaking it for everyone else just to fix it for us. We're an extreme minority. And the real issue has NEVER been Titanforging, it's been the constant flow of high level gear through M+. You can get a few nice pieces over the course of the entire tier from Heroic unless you're doing something exploitative like Split-Farming that Blizzard doesn't know how to fix. Not from Normal, not from LFR. The big offender is the weekly cache, and even then I'm fine with them not changing anything about that. They don't need to cater to us right now, we're not going anywhere, we're stuck here because no other MMO has compelling PvE. If you're raiding Mythic specifically for loot you're not worth considering either because you're just a burnout waiting to happen.

And I can't take Youtube heroes like Asmongold seriously when they whine about TF because they don't understand 1) what the problem even IS, and 2) that nobody is getting decent amounts of sick titanforge gear from Normal/LFR, and the only people getting decent amounts of sick TF gear from Heroic are the Top X guilds that do split runs.
    Its not exclusively a mythic raider problem. It hits all raiders, who does more then 1 difficulty through a raid tier.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

They are getting rid of mission tables so Im happy, I hate them with a passion. Im also really happy to see weapon drops come back, artifact weapons were cool for a while but I miss the excitement of see that badass weapon drop off a boss, plus you arent locked into certain weapon types.

Edit: Kill all hunter changes from legion. Every single spec is worse than it was.

I'm with this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    As for my choices:
    Keep: secret rewards (Fathom Dweller mount, Uuna secret, Lucid Nightmare, etc)
    Remove: random-drop legendaries (make them quest-based again)

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    But the point of M+ is to allow capped players a source of pve content that you can keep doing again and again if you want to grind - we hear so much of the "only M+" level 110 crowd who for some reason hate raids (even though M+ is 100000x more toxic) yet I've never actually met one
    I don’t have an issue with mythic +, I got an issue with exessive item level upgrades (TF mainly).
    If you want a chance for 960+ ilvl drops you shouldn’t grind mythic 12 ez mode and hope for TF rolls- go do mythic + 18.
    Or in other words, ilvl gear is rewarded based on difficulty of content- not RNG.

Also it wouldn’t be a bad thing to have a ‘once per week’ world quest, follower mission, or some other way that let you upgrade the ilvl of any item you wanted equal to one WF roll (5 ilvls) like we had couple expansions ago (iirc).
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Keep: Quest design and leveling from 100-110 I thought were very enjoyable and well-done. I loved class-specific content.

Kill: Legendaries and AP grinding. These things killed the expansion for me. So repetitive and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Its not exclusively a mythic raider problem. It hits all raiders, who does more then 1 difficulty through a raid tier.
    Without wishing to get into a protracted argument about the minutiae of the discussion, the game should not be built around organised raiders.

Even now, despite all the conveniences, they're still in the minority. Building the game exclusively around raiders gave us Warlords of Draenor, and I don't think anyone wants a repeat of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joining late this expansion and upon hitting 110 there was so many fucking quests going on and it was just frustrating as hell to figure what the fuck to do i almost decided fuck it. Clearer path maybe?

Found my way thankfully.

Keep: interactive quests, questing in legion has been awesome.

Kill: Legendary rng fest.

Deleted
    Keep: World Quests (but improve them)

Kill: Hard Titanforging (20ilvl is okay, more is meh)

Am I the only one who wants to see WQ in combination with story campaigns for factions when you reach a certain point in the reputation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep: Large non-gear power boost (50% stamina, thats what your artifact weapon is worth).

Kill: Ilvl scaling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Keep: Cant decide between WQs and M+
    Kill: Titanforging hands down

Keep: WQ, just even more varried and having new ones over the course of time.
    Kill: the RNG/grindness in everything. Of course, this is RPG, but still, it should be cut down. There was, imho, too much of it in Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Without wishing to get into a protracted argument about the minutiae of the discussion, the game should not be built around organised raiders.

Even now, despite all the conveniences, they're still in the minority. Building the game exclusively around raiders gave us Warlords of Draenor, and I don't think anyone wants a repeat of that.
    Woew woew! No need to bring WoD up mate, its like bringing a nuke to a knife fight xD

But to be more serious, while i agree, that the game should not be built around raiders, raiding is still part of the game and it just can't ignore it. Blizzard have to be aware, that changes they make, which is supposed to have alot of effect on dungeoning and casual raiding, will also have an affect on the organised raiding. Ignoring the problems they give, will just bring the content in decline and nobody wants that.

Besides, changing the things inside raiding will have no effect on other parts of the game. They can easily make it so, that TF only works in dungeons, old raids and open world content. Tweaking the system inside the current raid tier so that the difficulties does not mix, should not be something that harms anybody except the players, who really just want to have good gear for as little work as possible, which i think deserve the harm if any.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.