Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The fix is live on the US:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=280875/n...fixed#p4149582

Both old raid bosses and MoP lvl 90 / WoD lvl 91-100 mobs are scaled more or less back.

Non-raid mobs prior to lvl 90 are still bulkier than before, but at least the biggest problems (well, what I think were the biggest problems) are solved now.

Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    yesterday I was easily taking down 6 mobs at once while being sloppy and barely losing health.

It wasn't difficult. Just took longer.

Sounds like the new WoW team's way. Make things take longer for no reason!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Because most players have never played games that require insane leveling grinds. They don't want to put in the time for it and expect to get everything easily because they leveled "one" character to max level "once".

I mean monsters only got an HP boost and people are going crazy because they can't press 1 and see a dead mob on their screen. It's ridiculous.

Imo those people should just buy boosts if they hate leveling so much. Work overtime 2-3 hours and pay yourself a boost.

Not everyone is lazy, some people actually like spending time, you know, playing the game.. Anyway I'm glad they changed the leveling even if not perfect it's much better than grinding dungeons for 1 week straight to get to max level..
    Don't be stupid. It has nothing to do with laziness. People want to play the game at a level that matters, 110 not 1 to 109.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Sounds like the new WoW team's way. Make things take longer for no reason!
    I'm surprised they didn't add RNG to levels like once you hit the 100% xp mark it either levels you or de-levels you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Don't be stupid. It has nothing to do with laziness. People want to play the game at a level that matters, 110 not 1 to 109.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't add RNG to levels like once you hit the 100% xp mark it either levels you or de-levels you.
    That would've actually fit Legion very well, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah indeed....I only had an eye on how long my main took in Classic and that was 17 days to 60. Do people expect now that every new player and alt takes 34 days /played?

Honestly, everybody can make a thread about "whawhawha..levelling is tedious it should be fun, mobs should have a lot of health and be a challenge, but levelling should still be quick.....I dunno how...I am no dev, but they are and get paid ..bla...bla..bla.."

And at the end of the day for everyone who wants the game to be only about the journey, there are others who want it to be about the endgame

- - - Updated - - -

If you pay just the briefest attention to these forums, it seems infinite as to what "people want"

Mostly I think we don't want people telling us that they think they know what "people want" or what "the majority" thinks etc...
    That's why I think the best would be if both groups could play the game how they wanted. One rushing through the content to get into max level, the other smelling the flowers. Maybe heirlooms just need to have their exp gain upped?

But I fear that if that happens, there will be complaints that people don't feel it's an option/choice to not use them. :S

That's why I think the best would be if both groups could play the game how they wanted. One rushing through the content to get into max level, the other smelling the flowers. Maybe heirlooms just need to have their exp gain upped?

But I fear that if that happens, there will be complaints that people don't feel it's an option/choice to not use them. :S
    That seems like it would be the obvious fix, just have heirlooms give more xp%. People that want to go slow would just not equip them, people that want to go fast would. Also as it stands now after the nerf to the stats on heirlooms it's not like people would just feel underpowered by having people with heirlooms in their dungeon groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    And other "people" want to have an enjoyable leveling experience that isn't just a facerolling AOE stompfest. Where does that leave things? Scaling and rebalancing the zones and mobs is a good first step. It opens the door for future updates to further improve the relevance of leveling. Adding allied races and heritage armor as rewards for leveling is another step. They could continue to add more.

So instead of making blanket assumptions about what everyone wants to enjoy, why don't you try seeing the value of the change from a more objective point of view?

im a little thrown back by the complaints. ill admit ive only checked on one character, and i bascially went from 2 hitting something to 3 hitting it. the level time didnt seem that much longer in the 30s.

it doesnt seem like it takes that much longer to me, and its nice being able to just go to your favorite zones to quest in instead of getting stuck running to like, winterspring to grind out that one or 2 last levels before going to outland.

Deleted
    I guess a good compromise would be increasing mob health but also increasing xp gain from mobs and quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    I guess a good compromise would be increasing mob health but also increasing xp gain from mobs and quests.
    They did increase exp from kills.

Quests automatically scale up to your current level, so the exp increased there as well.

Soooo.....yeah..... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    yesterday I was easily taking down 6 mobs at once while being sloppy and barely losing health.

It wasn't difficult. Just took longer.
    That's all this change is...makes things take longer.

Which is pointless and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Are you ever going to stop QQing in every thread about this topic? It's not gonna change
    90-100 changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Because it was overtuned - don't be obtuse
    And blizzard will be re-balancing everything again with the stat squish. Things will be changing. I'm just wanting them to change in a way I like and I'm not the only one.

This new system is incredibly controversial for Hardcores and Casuals, Old timers and New Players. It's not a single demographic issue. They'll iterate it in BfA based on feedback they get now.

People wanted a challenge while leveling, but increased mob hp is not a challenge.
    If they want a challenge, use grey items. But these "we want challenging level content" don't want to do that either.

In the zones from 1-85 the mob health was increased in a good way. They were no onehit but a little bit more sustainable.
    When you hit pandaria that took a turn. Some classes needed ages to kill mobs and overpulling(high mob density) could be leathal.
    Because you will die sooner or later when you can't kill the mobs and they slowly kill you like an inoperable braintumor.
    Even as a fire mage with near infinite procs and high crit the mobs in pandaria and above out lived mutiple pyro crits and wasting your 3 min cds for trivial quest mobs is not the anwser.

Overall the zone scaling to your level is good, but the mob hp buff was a bit to much.
    Maybe blizz plan was that the bfa stat squish would counter the increased hp, but who knows.
    Dying could endanger your health!