An AWESOME friend recently passed away and I need some help

I am creating a video for my friends funeral and he used to play WOW very day for 2-3 hours. I have a couple screenshots from his play and need someone to explain who he was, how powerful, character type, what he was doing, etc. from what you see on the screens. Please help. Thank you.

I can't post links or images so I have posted the images at these web addresses.

therightmind.org/tmp/wow1.jpg
    therightmind.org/tmp/wow2.jpg

Picture 1: Night elf Druid, running around in Nagrand, Draenor on his Tyrael's Charger mount. He is balance specced. He is level 99. He is most likely questing to level 100.
    Picture 2: Blood elf Death Knight, standing still in Spires of Arak, Draenor. He is blood specced. He is level 97. He is most likely leveling to 100.

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for but hope I helped.

Nice of you to do this btw!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Unfortunately, I can't find either of those characters on the Warcraft armory to get more information. They may no longer exist- perhaps your friend deleted them and made new characters, or changed their names at some point.

What I can tell you is this- In the first image, he is playing a Night Elf druid, a versatile warrior of the wilds who use the power of nature to protect and heal their allies, or attack their enemies. This character is specifically a Balance druid, who calls the sun, moon, and stars down upon his foes.

In the second image, he is playing a Blood Elf death knight, an undead hero who was once controlled by the villainous Lich King, and broke away from that control to defend the world from both the Lich King himself, and other evils. This character is specifically a Blood death knight, who focuses on protecting his allies by forcing enemies to train their attacks on him.

Neither character is at their maximum power level, which tells me your friend probably enjoyed trying out different types of characters and leveling them up by adventuring in the world, more than he focused on a making a single character very strong.

Is that what you wanted to learn?
    Last edited by Daetur; 2018-01-21 at 01:42 AM.

Thank you so much for the information. He had many characters over the years, these just happened to be the only ones we could find screenshots for. Thanks again, that was exactly what I was looking for!

In b4 serenity now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    In b4 serenity now
    Those things don't happen anymore :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it seems in both pictures he is continuing his journey through the world and still progressing to the maximum level.

The first picture also shows him playing a night elf (part of the alliance faction), whilst the secound shows him playing a blood elf (part of the horde faction). Whilst usually players pick one faction (just as a preference), it is not uncommon that people choose to play the game on both factions in order to further explore the world and the races the game has to offer. Like another poster said, he probably enjoyed the journey to max level on multiple characters, rather than sticking to one. He must have really enjoyed the world the game has to offer :-)

Hope that helps!

/hug

So sorry to hear about your loss. I think it is wonderful you are trying to incorporate something your friend enjoyed into his memorial.

I don't think anyone said this, but these were taken during the Warlords of Draenor expansion where heroes of Azeroth ventured through the Dark Portal into Draenor (the ancestral orc homeworld) to defeat the Iron Horde.

Based on the DK abilities (which have changed slightly since then), the screenshots were taken when that expansion was current, circa late 2014 to mid 2016.
    Last edited by elaina; 2018-01-21 at 04:50 PM.