Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a real good way to piss off a whole bunch of people and lose a ton of subscribers.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

If it was me and this had to happen, I wouldn't really 'delete' whole specs, so much as roll them together. Some specs I would delete completely.

Warrior: Arms merged with Fury - Arms really should account for dual wield anyway being that its a master of armaments.
    Paladin: Holy removed.
    Death Knight: Blood removed.
    Rogue: Sub merged with Ass - Stealth and assassination go together.
    Hunter: Beast merged with Survival - BM should have been a melee spec anyway.
    Shaman: Pretty hard, they are all unique enough. Probably have to Ele merged with Resto.
    Druid: Balance merged with Resto, Feral removed
    Monk: Healer removed, can't even remember the spec name because of how dull it is.
    Priest: Disc merged with Holy - not so much more shields as more dps related healing.
    Warlock: Affliction removed.
    Mage: Honestly, I would just merge all 3 of them into a single spec. The Mages in wc1-3 could cast from all pools of magic. If I have to just removed one I suppose it would be Arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is as well* As well is two words. Aswell is not a word.

Frost, Guardian and Feral, Marksmanship, Frost, Windwalker, Retribution, Holy, Subtlety, Enhancement, Destruction, Fury.

Just because I'm currently bored and waking up, let's see what specs I'd remove to make all classes have only 2, like Demon Hunters.

Death Knight:
    Frost, mostly because Mages have a Frost spec and this way they can still have their undead and plagues while also tanking.

Druid:
    Balance and Feral, even though that leaves them with no DPS spec but the Druid fantasy is more healing and being a bear than the other two.

Hunter:
    Survival, cuz I just can't see Hunters without their pets or specifically focusing on being a good marksman.

Mage:
    Fire, which is mostly due to Warlocks below, and Arcane is just a Mage thing to me, along with Frost being how I remember Jaina from Warcraft 3.

Monk:
    Mistweaver, because I'm never cared much for the concept.

Paladin:
    Holy, since the fantasy to me is a defender or the light striking foes down with glorious vengeance.

Priest:
    Discipline, as Holy and Shadow have their respective sides of the story and Discipline is just there in the middle to me.

Rogue:
    Subtlety, because Assassination seems fine as the sneaky types and Outlaw can be the ones that come over to punch you in the face and take your money.

Shaman:
    Enhancement, simply because it's my least favorite theme of the awesomeness that is the Shaman, while flinging elemental powers and water being life is just too awesome to remove.

Warlock:
    Affliction, so that Shadow can be the DoT'y spec and because I don't care much for it.

Warrior:
    Arms, since it's been a letdown to me for so long now, and I'm heavily biased due to me being Fury for years and Protection now and then.

That would be my immediate thought if specs had to be removed.

But then again, that would be stupid and I'd rather have the continued diversity of specs, so HUGS to those with the above specs and sorry for hurting your feelings.

I wouldn't remove specs ... but I would remove multiple specs. You should choose one and then be freakin' stuck with it unless you want to discard it and level it from scratch. Like a profession.

I think the game would be distinctly better that way, although Blizzard would, in fact, have to discard some specs. Why do rogues need 3? (I love my rogue. I don't think 3 specs are useful though.)

But, what do I know.

Although, with 566 days /played, I guess as far as idiots go, I'm an experienced one.

Quote Originally Posted by Akami74 View Post
    Yes because removing even MORE choices, content, and fun from the game is exactly what we need.

Having trouble figuring out if this is serious or not.
    The thing about choices is that sometimes they make play more interesting, and sometimes they make play irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    I wouldn't remove specs ... but I would remove multiple specs. You should choose one and then be freakin' stuck with it unless you want to discard it and level it from scratch. Like a profession.

I think the game would be distinctly better that way, although Blizzard would, in fact, have to discard some specs. Why do rogues need 3? (I love my rogue. I don't think 3 specs are useful though.)

But, what do I know.

Although, with 566 days /played, I guess as far as idiots go, I'm an experienced one.

The thing about choices is that sometimes they make play more interesting, and sometimes they make play irrelevant.
    This is why removing the option to switch specs is also extremely bad. We even did not have that in Classic, though it was costly to switch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
    No, no.....just no. Did I say no? Those who have a bias against another class, a class which they admit they don't like, shouldn't be in a position to promote removal of a spec of said class. Wanna know what statements like the above quote got us?

1. Bias towards only certain specs in this game during vanilla and years since in both pve and pvp.
    2. Hybrid tax as a direct result of players crying on the wow forums because they wanted an easy kill in pvp, instead of doing as the other 90% of the game population did - actually learning to play their class.

Oh, I saved the best for last:

3. Ability pruning - funny, I recall the mass forum qq during previous expansions which led a inept dev to prune things which he didn't comprehend.

Before you go all yolo by trying to promote the idea of the removal of a class or a spec which you admittedly don't like nor understand, do everyone a favor and keep it to yourself.
    Can you fucking chill down? It's a for fun thread no need to be triggered so much Jesus Christ...............

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - and anyone who has ever complained about hunger or being overweight should welcome death. A solid solution to a solid problem
    Am just saying, Blizzard is currently balancing 36 different classes. Back in the day the game had what, 8? And yes, today every spec is it's own class.

If you're playing one of the lesser played specs, holy priest, survival hunter or whatever. Good luck getting any dev attention. This is easily seen by comparing the amount of blue posts that occur on different class forums and spec topics.

Now, class balancing has never been better. But it could be much, much better with fewer classes to focus on.

I'd rather give another spec to Demon Hunters then remove options for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Can you fucking chill down? It's a for fun thread no need to be triggered so much Jesus Christ...............
    How about no? As I already established, players who shared your previous idea are what lead us to where we are now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
    How about no? As I already established, players who shared your previous idea are what lead us to where we are now.
    Reported and ignored for idiocy.