Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxslykaboom View Post
    Can confirm, Disabling ELVui WOrked like a charm!
    In general, the dismiss buttons provided by addons don't work. Either click off the controlling piece buff, which will boot you out without bugging or disable addons that replace action bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Quesenek View Post
    I completed the chess event earlier today and here are some things that might help others.

I did the event as normal setting up my pieces, however instead of targeting the healers on the opposing team first, I targeted the opposing king and just spam attacked that piece the whole time.
    I'm not sure if the healers were healing the opposing king however it didn't seem to matter much if so, as I was able to DPS it fast enough that any healing didn't seem to matter.
    I stayed on my king for most of the fight only switching out to move the other pieces out of fire, and to heal my king when it's health got low.

I'm not sure if it's easier or harder post patch 7.3.5, however I never felt like my major pieces were in any danger of dying, even when they got stuck in the fire. While my damage/healing seems to be quite a bit less than before, the opposing team didn't really do any damage at all against my pieces.
    My chess event took 6-7 minutes to complete.
    This.

You have to go back to the Warlords way of doing it but it's still only about 5-7 minutes, it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    This.

You have to go back to the Warlords way of doing it but it's still only about 5-7 minutes, it's not that bad.
    Actually even easier than this. Take your king, charge and kill their king. You can use self casts on yourself and kill the king. As a mm hunter, I just walked up to the clerics, use camoflauge, it heals me while I attack for a minute. Exhiliration works also. Not sure on other classes. Also the clerics/necrolytes will still heal you but you have to be in the square one up and right of them. Made this pretty easy to handle.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandragorn View Post
    Actually even easier than this. Take your king, charge and kill their king. You can use self casts on yourself and kill the king. As a mm hunter, I just walked up to the clerics, use camoflauge, it heals me while I attack for a minute. Exhiliration works also. Not sure on other classes. Also the clerics/necrolytes will still heal you but you have to be in the square one up and right of them. Made this pretty easy to handle.
    You're responding to a post that originated 5 months ago, with only one response in the last 2 months. What are you seeking to accomplish here?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    You're responding to a post that originated 5 months ago, with only one response in the last 2 months. What are you seeking to accomplish here?
    Possibly to help people like me looking for more detailed information on how to do the fight as it is now rather than, "use the WoD method" or "use the hop on one foot barking like a dog method". Nice names, tells me zero about how to solo the encounter though.